Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Don't forget everyone, our resident incompetent economist says that the EU is suffering.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/cheshire-cheesemaker-says-business-left-with-250000-brexit-hole

“It is a real shame because that means I’m now going to invest in France, provide French employment, and then contribute to the EU tax system, which was pretty much going against the whole reason that we were meant to be leaving.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/brexit-hit-firms-advised-government-officials-set-up-shop-in-eu

Andrew Moss, who runs Horizon Retail Marketing Solutions, based in Ely, Cambridgeshire, and selling packaging and point-of-sale marketing displays in the UK and to EU customers, is registering a European company Horizon Europe in the Netherlands in the next few weeks, on the advice of a senior government adviser.

This will mean laying off a small number of staff here and taking on people in the Netherlands.

Moss said it was now clear that Brexit was not about winning back control from the EU but investing in it to survive.

Yesterday, as the impact of leaving the single market and customs union on 1 January became ever more clear, the Financial Times reported that the cost of a £12 bottle of wine in UK shops could rise by up to £1.50 a bottle because of the extra bureaucracy and charges affecting imports.

one aspect of hand cranks behaviour is his ''dancing to the tune'

spot a particular pattern, then point t out to him - which he then changes'some might have seen the thread that was taken down yesterday as it simply quoted two of his 'mates' contradicting themselves over a supposed taboo subject - which was then removed as it was a bit too inconvenient,,whereas the same subject us happily being commented upon

'hey ho, the fun is in watching this all too obvious stuff

with hand crank it is truly a case if ;when at first we set out to deceive..." as he all too often forgets which character he is at times, so we will get outbursts of foul language repugnant views and simply absurd claims of previous jobs/activities etc

bagster, claiming to have vote in the referendum, while claiming to be a builder in France 😅

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

Haha! the idea that an intellectually retarded fool like him is an economist is one of his most obvious and pathetic lies. What sort of economist wants the country's main export market to fail? It beggars belief that he is stupid enough to claim that it would be a good thing if the people we need to export to don't have enough money to buy the goods we want to export to them. Chronically thick!

It's almost as good as when he tried to say that an instagram model was his ex girlfriend, apparently not realising that reverse image searching is a thing these days. 🤣 This is his "ex girlfriend, Pearl" or Ayanna Jordan as most people call her.

He then tried to say it was a mistake, funnily enough, one he didn't notice until I pointed out he was lying. The hole he dug himself into trying to explain that was quite the sight to behold. I think he is too thick to realise that other people aren't thick and can see through his transparent ****.

Ayanna Jordan : angelicbeauty

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, kick it off said:

It's almost as good as when he tried to say that an instagram model was his ex girlfriend, apparently not realising that reverse image searching is a thing these days. 🤣 This is his "ex girlfriend, Pearl" or Ayanna Jordan as most people call her.

He then tried to say it was a mistake, funnily enough, one he didn't notice until I pointed out he was lying. The hole he dug himself into trying to explain that was quite the sight to behold. I think he is too thick to realise that other people aren't thick and can see through his transparent ****.

Ayanna Jordan : angelicbeauty

Haha! clearly BS, anyway she's my girlfriend!!!! (and so is her twin sister)

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Tell me those thousands and I will show you thousands at Nissan

"fake news.... baa baa.... master knows best..... "

or in the real world

"British businesses that export to the continent are being encouraged by government trade advisers to set up separate companies inside the EU in order to get around extra charges, paperwork and taxes resulting from Brexit, the Observer can reveal."

So the government who inflicted this sht show on the UK is now advising UK businesses to get out of the UK to avoid the mess they caused. Any wonder leading Brexiteers did that before the nonsense crashed down on all of us

'Along with the thick as sht Brexiteers we have fckd up UK businesses that have been the backbone if the country, and are now advisinh them to jump ship asap'

"This will mean laying off a small number of staff here and taking on people in the Netherlands."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/brexit-hit-firms-advised-government-officials-set-up-shop-in-eu

3 weeks in, and even the government is telling UK businesses to get off the sinking ship

Edited by Bill

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

"fake news.... baa baa.... master knows best..... "

or in the real world

"British businesses that export to the continent are being encouraged by government trade advisers to set up separate companies inside the EU in order to get around extra charges, paperwork and taxes resulting from Brexit, the Observer can reveal."

So the government who inflicted this sht show on the UK is now advising UK businesses to get out of the UK to avoid the mess they caused. Any wonder leading Brexiteers did that before the nonsense crashed down on all of us

'Along with the thick as sht Brexiteers we have fckd up UK businesses that have been the backbone if the country, and are now advisinh them to jump ship asap'

"This will mean laying off a small number of staff here and taking on people in the Netherlands."

3 weeks in, and even the government is telling UK businesses to get off the sinking ship

Yes but Brexit is going to create 25 million new jobs. 

What that means is that in a few months time all us pensioners will have to find a job to make ends meet.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Yes but Brexit is going to create 25 million new jobs. 

What that means is that in a few months time all us pensioners will have to find a job to make ends meet.

Well there's going to be plenty of vacancies for bailiffs, the one industry that's really going to boom.

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Yep! I have the same attitude, but with this particular loathsome specimen I found I had to block on moral grounds because of the hideous mysogyny he  displayed yesterday: "Most women are 'bought' in one way or another...... as a person with a 12 year old mentality you are probably blissfully unaware"

I have a different policy to yours and to Elastic Man's. I have never blocked any poster and only ever reported twice, both for obvious libels, never for someone's views. I prefer to know all that my enemy is thinking, if 'thinking' is not too grandiose a word for it.

But there are a very few posters (two come to mind) I stopped engaging with a long time ago, not because I disagreed with their views but because they had an elastic (no pun intended) relationship with truth, which made meaningful discussion impossible.

Edited by PurpleCanary

31 minutes ago, kick it off said:

He did tell us, when we were discussing shares, that he had just made a few thousand pounds that day - and he regularly dealt in the stock market - only, for him to have made the amount he claimed in the stock mentioned, he would have had to have traded around a couple of hundred thousands worth

he also tod us he was a manager at BMW, Swindon

he stated in here that he went to his local war memorial for the Remembrance service, that why he was back so quickly.... around 11.20 am - unfortunately that particular service was being held in the afternoon

July 2017 on the anniversary of the 3rd Battle of Ypres he posted up a quite obnoxious photo of a Commonwealth War Cemetery that not only had the offensive words, we have paid in full stuck on it - but also a neo **** logo, as clearly he was totally oblivious as to why the commemorations were taking place at various WW1 cemeteries and I doubt he would have cared either

maybe the club could set up a meeting with him and Farke and the other German staff/players, so he can explain why he hates Germans so much

Blessed are the cheese makers

"Our business had high hopes of continued growth in the EU market, after seeing the avoidance of the no-deal and announcement of a free trade deal.

“What has only become clear in the last week is that our successful B2C [business to consumer] online sales to EU consumers is now impossible to operate,” he said.

To save his business he will now have to switch a £1m investment he was planning to make in a new distribution centre in Macclesfield to the EU, with the loss of 20 jobs and tax revenue to the UK.

“It is a real shame because that means I’m now going to invest in France, provide French employment, and then contribute to the EU tax system, which was pretty much going against the whole reason that we were meant to be leaving.”

it beggars belief that someone with the ability to be involved in a business of this level could make such an absurd claim

If I tried to sell you a pig painted with black and white spots, would you buy it because it is meant to be a Dalmatian dog

How on earth could leaving a bloc that allowed free trade for goods within its borders mean you were going to get a better deal outside that bloc. Did it not occur to you to check how it worked for other countries who were outside that bloc.

I suspect not, as with fishermen and sundry other greedy folk, they were swayed by the lies that promised all things to all men. However other than those lies peddled by known liars (Johnson, Farage) there was nothing, absolutely nothing, that suggested what they were told was possible, never mind it happening,

There are tens of thousands of small businesses who trade with the EU and may well have their businesses wiped out because they WERE lied to, by omission. The above is not one if them.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Haha! clearly BS, anyway she's my girlfriend!!!! (and so is her twin sister)

I’m a little worried that Swindon may genuinely have believed that person was his girlfriend.

....because I think there’s a fair chance he was romance scammed. 

10 minutes ago, YellowYawner said:

I’m a little worried that Swindon may genuinely have believed that person was his girlfriend.

....because I think there’s a fair chance he was romance scammed. 

he did post up a picture of his house, once

image.jpeg.36a52fdac61922cd0d97ce6d5edf4363.jpeg

No 88 Bigotstrasse

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

What do you expect? This is the man who described the child rape victims of Epstein as "well paid prostitutes". Sadly he doesn't share your normal moral picture of the world. Hate and exploitation are his guiding principles.

You seem to have a fixation about prostitutes. Is there something you need to tell us?

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

⬆️

Believe it or not that man is a grown adult with children.

Haha! I'm with Victor Meldrew on this one.

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

⬆️

Isn’t it strange Herman how those gloating about more Europeans dying than British have not put up the links for the new treatment that seems to have been bought up by America and the EU ( Germany in particular ). If it works as well as they seem to think, I wonder how long it will be before the usual suspects tell us the EU are hoarding a treatment and out of spite won’t give us any due simply to Brexit.

With a bit of luck we have secured some as well.

45 minutes ago, Herman said:

⬆️

Put it this way. Everyone knows who the mother is when a child is born. knowing the father is a different thing.

22 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Isn’t it strange Herman how those gloating about more Europeans dying than British have not put up the links for the new treatment that seems to have been bought up by America and the EU ( Germany in particular ). If it works as well as they seem to think, I wonder how long it will be before the usual suspects tell us the EU are hoarding a treatment and out of spite won’t give us any due simply to Brexit.

With a bit of luck we have secured some as well.

It'll blow their minds when they find out the vaccine we are using has been developed by two Turkish, Muslim, German immigrants.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Herman said:

It'll blow their minds when they find out the vaccine we are using has been developed by two Turkish, Muslim, German immigrants.

I know and the next more improved vaccine from the Oxford camp will likely be a mixture of Oxford and Sputnik, funded by the Russians and will be manufactured by AstraZeneca, if successful in trials 2 huge manufacturing hubs that will be built in Russia. Maybe these are the 2 mentioned in the now scrapped operation moonshine.

Please however do not interpret that from as anti British, I am pointing out how the world is working together to rid us of this dreadful disease, or at least make it easier to fight in the future ala flu.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I see Sturgeon is planning the UK end game. Isn't it easier to just deport the little Englanders and save the UK ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55780100

Indyref2: SNP reveal 'roadmap' to another independence referendum

Followed by Wales and Ireland I guess.

I have always been against this happening, but we really have sleep walked into it and I fully understand why this is now more likely to happen than ever before. 

40 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

you can't say anything good about going back  in the EU !

Our fishing industry can survive and we can withdraw having to pay the NHS an extra £350 million a week, that will save us loads.

Also as well it would mean the clown and his mates would be consigned to the history books and I could consider voting for the party I have voted for for the last 42 years.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Followed by Wales and Ireland I guess.

I have always been against this happening, but we really have sleep walked into it and I fully understand why this is now more likely to happen than ever before. 

If Wales get independence does that mean Cardiff & Swansea will have to join the Welsh League?

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

If Wales get independence does that mean Cardiff & Swansea will have to join the Welsh League?

I wish, it's always got me how they are in our league, especially when other teams in Wales can't.

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I know why you lot are having ago at me, it's because you can't say anything good about staying in the EU 

let's leave that to the UK government, who are now advising UK businesses to relocate to the EU

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55786974

UK jobs moving to the EU.... who would have thought that 🙄

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I wish, it's always got me how they are in our league, especially when other teams in Wales can't.

Wrexham