Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match thread v Portsmouth*****

2 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

A bit surprised Zimmerman and Cantwell have not been rested.  Both seemed tired in the last game.

Maybe they'll be rested next week.

Feel slightly sorry for Pinto. If he's not considered good enough for a game like this then surely he has to be sold this month.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Feel slightly sorry for Pinto. If he's not considered good enough for a game like this then surely he has to be sold this month.

Yup, might suggest he's being rehomed.

Good that he has rested a few and give some game time to usual benchers. Lets see how we fair. Does anybody know anything about Pompey and the strength of their team?

This looks a decent line up with every chance of progressing to the next round. With our injury list it would be helpful if the home game against Sheff Utd on 4th Round day is postponed but even if we don't get through surely the Blades will beat Barnet at Bramall Lane....

I'm trying my hardest to look back on recent refereeing performances without bias, but my conclusion is, that they have been #@/?##.

Camera angle not great, but I'm fairly sure someone was round on cover, meaning Hanley wasn't last man.

Right decision to send him off in my book. Not malicious by any stretch but late, clumsy and the guy was clean through.

Way to celebrate the new 4/5 year contract on your return to the first team.

1 minute ago, Orly said:

I'm trying my hardest to look back on recent refereeing performances without bias, but my conclusion is, that they have been #@/?##.

Camera angle not great, but I'm fairly sure someone was round on cover, meaning Hanley wasn't last man.

Refs have been crap lately but the 'covering man' was about 15 yards up the field when he clattered him. Im no sympathiser but the ref had this one right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Refs have been crap lately but the 'covering man' was about 15 yards up the field when he clattered him. Im no sympathiser but the ref had this one right.

Fair enough.  I guess I'm developing a victim complex after all the recent terrible decisions. 🙂

• Haha 1

'Last man' has  nothing to do with the outcome, the law is' denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' .... which it was. 

Always worth reversing the situation in your mind, if it was our player brought down.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

'Last man' has  nothing to do with the outcome, the law is' denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' .... which it was. 

Always worth reversing the situation in your mind, if it was our player brought down.

I'd argue that a league 2 player who has to dribble 30 yards to goal with players likely to catch him before isn't really a clear goalscoring opportunity, but my lack of in-depth knowledge of the specific wording of the rules means I'll just shut it, instead.

Edited by Orly