Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match thread v Portsmouth*****

16 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Bad tackle that from Hanley and now a 3 match ban. 

One match, I think. Although from the comments here some fans might wish it were three...

26 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

'Last man' has  nothing to do with the outcome, the law is' denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' .... which it was. 

Always worth reversing the situation in your mind, if it was our player brought down.

Disagree entirely. Sat in Upper Barclay Block B. How can it be a clear goalscoring opportunity from 25 yards out with players closing in from both sides? Yellow at most.

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Disagree entirely. Sat in Upper Barclay Block B. How can it be a clear goalscoring opportunity from 25 yards out with players closing in from both sides? Yellow at most.

The players closing in were several yards behind the play and wouldnt have caught him. It was a red all day long.

Regardless of the red card we still dominate possession and look more likely to score. 

• Like 1

IMHO that is not a clear goal scoring opportunity, I think he could have been caught and it looks like the ball was running away from him anyway. The ref couldn’t wait to get his red card out. 

Very clumsy from Hanley though.

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

If Hanley hadnt tackled him, his next touch could easily have been a shot at goal. That's a laymans interpretation of the law.Just to simplify. Have you tried reversing shirt colours? would it be red then?

Seen it several times now, red card it was.

Lack lustre performance so far and heading for a replay we don't need. May have to bring Pukki on as we need a bit of pace and urgency up front. Rhodes has been ordinary at best.

Poor positioning from Hanley definitely. Sending off I'm not sure even allowing for bias. Wouldn't describe it as a  goal scoring opportunity.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If Hanley hadnt tackled him, his next touch could easily have been a shot at goal. That's a laymans interpretation of the law.Just to simplify. Have you tried reversing shirt colours? would it be red then?

Honestly?

I am not a rose-tinted specs wearer and I like consistency in decisions, whichever way they are appealed for.

It was a yellow IMO. Screwing the argument to include allegiance doesn't change the situation.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Impressed by Passlack so far

Agreed. He should be in the matchday squad.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Honestly?

I am not a rose-tinted specs wearer and I like consistency in decisions, whichever way they are appealed for.

It was a yellow IMO. Screwing the argument to include allegiance doesn't change the situation.

No worries, enjoy the match.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Regardless of the red card we still dominate possession and look more likely to score. 

Very much this Rickaay.

Surprised Pompey haven't tried to press their advantage more.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

The replay of the sending off is on the BBC website, for those who haven't seen it. It's a clear red card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Agreed. He should Benin the matchday squad.

Now we agree on that, been very alert and sharp. would be good in front of Max .

• Like 1

Also , cont understand why DF has been playing  Cantwell on the right lately, we were much better with him leftside.

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

The replay of the sending off is on the BBC website, for those who haven't seen it. It's a clear red card.

Ok. I give up!:classic_wacko:

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Agreed. He should Benin the matchday squad.

I'm Ghana have a guess he will after this performance !!! boom Boom!!!

• Like 1

Great bit of skill there by Srbeny before he was upended.

Passlack’s a good player. Anyone who was at Bournemouth could see that, very good technical ability - if we go up, I would sign him up permanently and let him and Max battle it out at RB.

Don't understand when we are down to ten men but with two big strikers on the pitch that we get a free kick 35 yards out and take it short. We aren't and won't get many chances this half.

3 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:
7 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

You might be on your Sierra Leone with that.

I'll get me coat.

Yep... it’s time Togo, mate

Brilliant lads, i would stay but i have Nigeria Lawson cooking my dinner.

• Like 1

Impressive performance this- huge amount of changes, man disadvantage and yet we still seem the team on the front foot. 

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Brilliant lads, i would stay but i have Nigeria Lawson cooking my dinner.

Kenya all stop it now please.🤦‍♂️