Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Match Thread vs Hull

Who the f**k decided we should sign Marley Watkins? They should hang their head in shame. Did he even touch the ball? Dreadful signing!

This simply isn''t good enough. 14th, no chance of the play offs, negative goal difference, 4 points below Ipswich, appalling football. Is transitional now code for sh1te?

I don''t see how this can improve as the squad is simply going to be weaker next season. With the players available to Farke at the start of the season, he should be doing much better.

Lewis was poor today. The whole defence were pretty shaky tho. Torn apart by ball over the top, every time. First penalty for them was soft but Lewis let the ref give it. That ball never should have bounced, as soon as Lewis let it, it was clear he was in trouble. Literally no idea what the second was for.

Wes was diabolical when he came on. Sentiment aside, I don''t see him still being here next year. Still a hero and always will be but he doesn''t add any value for us anymore.

Watkins has to go. Beyond useless and has been all season.

Actually enjoyed the game bizarrely. Not the result obviously but I''ve driven 2 hours each way for this, better than a tepid 0-0 considering points are a bit irrelevant to us now.

So Watkins isn’t any improvement on Murphy and our squad isn’t as good as some think it is?

In reality we are having to accept this is our starting level again, probably lose Maddison and a few others this summer and see where we start from next year.

It is important to build sound footings at Colney and on the pitch so it’s really important for us to get behind the club regardless of our owners and push on from here, the likelihood is for the same next year but that’s football.

At least it was an interesting game full of incidents, Hull also playing for survival were never going to be easy to beat.

Thanks Tettey, I’ll have to look it up, but thought it might have been Robbins in 93 time?

This match sums up the season for me. Ups and downs but never really looked good enough. LDC positive outlook got me believing 5 games ago but should have known better.

Home form has been rubbish. The only highlight has been watching Maddison and even that is spoilt by the knowledge he will be gone as soon as the transfer window opens.

Forgot to give a special mention to the ref for being the most incompetent prick I''ve seen all season. Free kick every time the wind blew for Hull. Booking pinto when he won the ball after letting several worse challenges go, from both sides.

He should be utterly embarrassed

Marley told us about this ref yesterday KIO👍

Hopefully Jamal will learn from this and it''s vital experience for him. That is the downside of playing youngsters which is why the trend is to send them on loan to make their mistakes for someone else.

[quote user="kick it off"]Lewis was poor today. The whole defence were pretty shaky tho. Torn apart by ball over the top, every time. First penalty for them was soft but Lewis let the ref give it. That ball never should have bounced, as soon as Lewis let it, it was clear he was in trouble. Literally no idea what the second was for.

Wes was diabolical when he came on. Sentiment aside, I don''t see him still being here next year. Still a hero and always will be but he doesn''t add any value for us anymore.

Watkins has to go. Beyond useless and has been all season.

Actually enjoyed the game bizarrely. Not the result obviously but I''ve driven 2 hours each way for this, better than a tepid 0-0 considering points are a bit irrelevant to us now.[/quote]

Wes diabolical!? Are you having a laugh. He actually got on the ball and managed to pass to a purple shirt. Think he made one mistake, singling him out is ludicrous.

[quote user="yellowandgreen"]This match sums up the season for me. Ups and downs but never really looked good enough. LDC positive outlook got me believing 5 games ago but should have known better.

Home form has been rubbish. The only highlight has been watching Maddison and even that is spoilt by the knowledge he will be gone as soon as the transfer window opens.[/quote]

I''m still positive we will improve over time, but even I have to admit this season is going to end with a disappointing mid table position, but we are where we are, the squad will develop a lot more over the summer and this result will have shown Farke a few things.  If today''s performance is anything to go by, several players will not be here next season.  Onwards and upwards....I hope!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Marley told us about this ref yesterday KIO👍

Hopefully Jamal will learn from this and it''s vital experience for him. That is the downside of playing youngsters which is why the trend is to send them on loan to make their mistakes for someone else.[/quote]

If sending players out on loan is the way to improve them what the hell are our coaches doing Monday to Friday?

Lewis is good enough - he makes one mistake since he got picked and now we should have sent him out on loan.

You just couldn''t make it up.

Interestingly, the guy from Spurs who was sent here on loan, presumably to improve him, hasn''t had a kick yet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Why do you think we should have sent Jamal out on loan MP?[/quote]
He didn''t say that, he was expressive incredulity that someone else suggested it.
Bad result but I honestly don''t see where we''re going go get 3 points for the reason of the season. We''ve been consistently bad, there''s no talent on the bench to change things, the manager doesn''t make subs and we are just clueless in the final 3rd. Too slow and too tedious.
Without Maddison next season we''ll be staring at a relegation fight. Before someone says that''s exaggerating, look at how many points he''s been directly responsible for, and subtract them from our total.

I didn''t suggest it. I just said that''s why it happens. My post was a positive about Jamal. A player I have watched develope over some time. We decided to trust him last summer allowing him to make his mistakes for us rather than chuck money at Djykes or A.N. other. Which to be fair was what many posters on here wanted. Good decision from our club.

Pathetic again. We can’t defend without 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders. We have no goal threat apart from young James.

Weber’s signings look sub standard. No Angus, Timm, James, or Nelson next season and we look doomed. A championship side of below average players, trying to play a possession based Continental style of slow, dull possession football - and not scoring.

Webber is the biggest embarrassment since Hamilton and we have not improved since the season started. Can’t believe he criticised what happened before he got here, and yet has delivered this c**p. We looked better under Irvine than Farke.

I''ve always thought that Webber had a bit of ''The Emperor''s New Clothes'' about him.

Time will tell one way or another. Next season I think it''s reasonable we be allowed to judge what he''s put together, but perhaps not before - if we''re not challenging for the playoffs (1 - 8th / 9th) by halfway through next season, I''d would be dissatisfied.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="yellowandgreen"]This match sums up the season for me. Ups and downs but never really looked good enough. LDC positive outlook got me believing 5 games ago but should have known better.

Home form has been rubbish. The only highlight has been watching Maddison and even that is spoilt by the knowledge he will be gone as soon as the transfer window opens.[/quote]

I''m still positive we will improve over time, but even I have to admit this season is going to end with a disappointing mid table position, but we are where we are, the squad will develop a lot more over the summer and this result will have shown Farke a few things.  If today''s performance is anything to go by, several players will not be here next season.  Onwards and upwards....I hope!

[/quote]We all live in hope LDC but this finish was written in stone by Xmas. I know you don''t like it but the plain truth was staring us in the face long before that. Little good patches of results served to keep the morale up but you have to look at the mean averages and they were signalling lower mid table from a long way out. At one stage even I hoped we might creep a bit above halfway but the goal differences usually play out in order and they don''t change much after Xmas. Look at the table at the turn of the year, we were 13th, and virtually everybody else are no more than two or three places from where they were then.

Lewis was bound to have a downturn in form. He looked sloppy against Forest and continued today. But it is his first season in a defence that is four one game and five the next. Two totally different roles for him.

He wasn''t the only one. It won''t harm to give him a game on the bench and give Husband a go.

I understand and accept we can''t expect great things in transition but I do believe we should expect to be entertained.

Some of the players who were here before DF arrived just don''t look as if they have bought into the system completely and I do envisage that these players will be gone by next season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Why do you think we should have sent Jamal out on loan MP?[/quote]

I didn''t, but you, in your roundabout way of not trying to say what you are thinking, did.

Time and time again you post slmething that is absolutely clear then when someone pulls you up on it, you try and deny it.

Looking at the season and how DF is trying to build a certain style of playing and with how results have gone, i just wonder if the style and manner of his system is best suited to the Prem more than the Champs. We certainly gave Chelsea and Arsenal good opposition. Yes absolutely we had to shed our old defence from last year and get a new defence who  started to actually defend, but in this division a performance and result such as todays is always likely at some point, even with overall good defensive displays most the season.Its ironic really but if we had last seasons Alex Neil type attacking attitude with this seasons DF''s defence attitude, we would  have cakewalked this division, somehow Farke has to find a way to marry the two and we will be top two material, no doubting.

Its ironic really but if we had last seasons Alex Neil type attacking attitude with this seasons DF''s defence attitude, we would have cakewalked this division, somehow Farke has to find a way to marry the two and we will be top two material, no doubting.

He doesn''t have that ability and neither do the majority of the players.

Without Maddison next season we''ll be staring at a relegation fight. Before someone says that''s exaggerating, look at how many points he''s been directly responsible for, and subtract them from our total.

As of the end of January

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11227764/efl-essential-stats-james-maddison-and-ryan-sessegnon

Barring another miracle mid table is staring us in the face for the foreseeable future. An unpleasant reality but a reality all the same.

But this is Hughtonesque commiting more players to defence at the expense of the midfield and attack.

- Thats the fear, and this is why the next transfer window will be the proof of the pudding. Farke inherited a number of players who arguably do not fit his system. Our usual formation offers defensive solidity - but absolutely it is at the expense of creativity and attacking opportunity. After the net transfer window Farke/Webber have no excuse if it doesnt work. They have the opportunity to identify and sign the players they think can play well in the syste, make it work and transform results. If they cant do that then the Webberlution is a busted flush. Personally Im doubtful we''ll be able to find players more creative than Madders/Wes, and with neither of them likely to be here next season it does look a bit fanciful.

Perhaps Webber can also explain why Watkins was brought to the club.

Because he was free?