Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Official QPR Match Thread

a loss by just narrow enough a margin to keep Alex in the job longer I fear. Shame we can''t sack a few of the players tbh. Are you all settled in for a long, mediocre championship ride?

All you need to know - Where are the most dangerous places in England to manage?[img]http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/F492/production/_92501626_manager_sackings_heatmap-3.png[/img]

Thanks to the youngsters again we had a good last 15 minutes.

So does he go now or do we have to wait till Derby give us a hammering next week?

That last ten minutes will probably keep AN in the job for another week. Derby away up next who seem to have turned a corner!

We can change the manager and after this run of form it''s a justifiable position but I don''t think it solves anything

Barring a dead cat bounce our problem stem from our recruitment because of our erratic league position. We have a totally disjointed squad. Easy to say "have a massive clear out" but we can''t get them to leave and nobody wants them.

Tough times

[quote user="Buh"]We can change the manager and after this run of form it''s a justifiable position but I don''t think it solves anything

Barring a dead cat bounce our problem stem from our recruitment because of our erratic league position. We have a totally disjointed squad. Easy to say "have a massive clear out" but we can''t get them to leave and nobody wants them.

Tough times[/quote]At least a lot of the worst ones are out of contract next summer.

Problem I not much available. We missed out on Bruce when I opted for him months ago

AN and the Pie man have no contacts in the game which make it difficult.

Have to say I don''t expect us to beat Derby. We could have faded and fallen down the league quite a way by next week.

[quote user="Buh"]our problem stem from our recruitment[/quote]McGovernJarvisMulumbuCanosOliveiraNaismithKloseAll signed by the current manager I believe

I dont think nobody wants our players they''re just not going to pay them what we are paying them so we end up stuck with them until their contracts run down

hmm, starting to feel you''re right Ricardo - just wonder how much longer until he starts to lose the home crowd

Also agree that our recruitment has been poor, we have a pretty good squad but its unbalanced. Too many players bought who play in the same positions.

And ofcourse there''s the fact that Alex Neil is sh.te

Our back 4, goalkeeper and DM today were from 2012

And in recruitment I mean we go up to the premier league we buy some players we come down we sell some players and buy a few more then we go up again.... just creates this slurry of players.

It''s disjointed, clearly.

That''s 5 losses on the trot! 5! In a league we should be winning more than we''re losing!!

We could''ve very easily shifted Whittaker and Turner and bought a replacement this summer. They were out of contract so it would''ve made sense. Instead we''re paying them to not play and Martin/Bassong/Bennett are still regulars for us.

He won''t go after this game though. The board need to wait for it to get nasty/embarrising so they can act like their hand was forced.

Still worried about Moxey picking the replacement as well. Ugh, the thought of that almost makes me want to see AN offered a new 10 year contract

Recruitment has been the major failing.

Woeful value for money on Naismith and Vanwolfswinkle, millions spent on players not able to make the starting XI, and journeymen nobody else wants eating up the wages.

For the money we have spent the return has been pathetic.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]That''s 5 losses on the trot! 5! In a league we should be winning more than we''re losing!![/quote]... its got mid table at best all over it.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]We could''ve very easily shifted Whittaker and Turner and bought a replacement this summer. They were out of contract so it would''ve made sense. Instead we''re paying them to not play and Martin/Bassong/Bennett are still regulars for us.

He won''t go after this game though. The board need to wait for it to get nasty/embarrising so they can act like their hand was forced.

Still worried about Moxey picking the replacement as well. Ugh, the thought of that almost makes me want to see AN offered a new 10 year contract[/quote]

Turner and Whitaker''s contract extensions were triggered as a result of our promotion, as has been explained many times before on here.

I do agree that we have too many players who it appears don''t want to be here or who other clubs don''t want to buy.

With 11 we should have won. Again lost focus defending,Martin and Bennett are a liability now, but with a modicum of effort a draw was there for the taking. Sadly jerome was brought on c60 mins too late and not bringing on lafferty compounded the error. Was tough to watch from row b.

Thanks Woodman, I didn''t know that. I retract most of what I said, we probably have a lot of players here who won''t leave because we''re their last payday and know interest would only come from struggling Cham/L1 teams instead then.

We really would be better off playing the younger players than the likes of Bennett/Bassong/Martin/Ruddy/McGovern etc The older players had their Chance and they''ve bottled it, time for a lot of the U23''s to start.

Well if we do sack AN that''s what I''d hope the caretaker manager would do

The BOD wont and dont need to do anything while we are still getting gates of 26,000 plus, look around the other Championship teams and some Premiership teams their gates have fallen despite the reduction in ticket prices. Ipswich couldnt even manage a sell out against us.... While fans continue to go everything will remain the same!!!

An even worse outcome than I predicted. But away crowd still not turned in sufficient numbers. Unfortunately, we''ll probably have to wait until Christmas for the inevitable. But let''s all clap along with the board as we morph into championship all so rans. What was Tettey on today btw?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]An even worse outcome than I predicted. But away crowd still not turned in sufficient numbers. Unfortunately, we''ll probably have to wait until Christmas for the inevitable. But let''s all clap along with the board as we morph into championship all so rans. What was Tettey on today btw?[/quote]I dunno, 30 grand a week?

Finally plucked up courage to watch some highlights:

the sending off was utterly bizarre. Watched it frame by frame. Bassong was fouled with an arm across his face so he couldn''t see where the ball was - he had 2 players on him as well, so I wouldn''t blame him at all. The ball then hit Olsson''s groin & bounced back towards Ruddy; this bit was really difficult to see bur I think Ruddy had both hands on the ball when their player kicked it out of them towards goal.

Olsson (who may have inadvertently impeded John) then dived on the ball & trapped it under his chest.

At this point he hadn''t handballed it, but he somehow managed to get the ball to roll back off the line & into Ruddy''s hands, & this is where the handball may have occurred. As I say, even looking frame by frame I couldn''t see how he did it - if he didn''t use his hand though he''s a contortionist!

Their goals were pretty awful, particularly the second where our CBs just looked really, really slow against an average CF. There was some other poor defending as well; I recall a very stupid back pass from Russ in particular.

We looked livelier once we''d got going 2nd half & scored a good goal, but it was as usual too little too late.

How did Oliveira play? He sounded pretty good on the radio!

I honestly don''t think we can learn an awful lot from this game. We tend to look at all defeats (especially when they keep coming!) as being the same, but I think that ridiculous start (which you''ll never see again) knocked us for six.

I know this will seem OT, but I''ve nearly finished War & Peace & one of Tolstoy''s main themes is how wars are won & lost; he reckons it''s not down to strategy, tactics, heroes, intellect, cunning battle plans, numerical superiority ... it''s the indefinable spirit of the army that finally wins it or loses it.

I think it''s the spirit that we''re lacking.