Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Numpties

[quote user="king canary"]Here are a few alternative scenarios I would have suggested for Neil at this point...

1) Just the one change- Jerome for Dorrans. I can see Nutty''s point about Nelson maybe tiring but he didn''t look so tired he couldn''t have managed at least another 10 minutes. If this doesn''t work out and Nelson is looking dead on his feet then bring on Naismith on for Nelson 10 minutes later.

2) Nelson and Dorrans off for Wes and Jerome. Sure it might not be two up top but at least it is bringing on someone with a different skill set. I don''t see Naismith as being an impact player to bring off the bench as he isn''t fast, tricky or physical- all points that can exploit tired defenders. Wes at least gives us different options.

3) (and admitted this wasn''t available to him at the time but he chose to make it so) Have at least one of Pritchard, Josh or Canos on the bench. These three have the pace and trickery to trouble defenders with tired legs in a way Naismith doesn''t.[/quote]
He looked tired from where I was Kingo. There''s not many brilliant vantage points from my seat in the blankets but watching the forwards when we attack the river end is one of them. Of course it was more fun when we had Holty. That was a masterclass.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So if you were manager you wouldn''t have replaced him in those circumstances? Really? Even though it must have been part of the decision to play him the third game?[/quote]

If he was planning to play a lone striker for a third game running and he was worried about the poor chap getting tired, he should have named two strikers on the bench.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]So Nutty how far did Oliveira run in the the 3 games in six days?, I would suggest somewhere around the the 6 mile mark per game at most, well within the capabilities of a fit, professional athlete........[/quote]
I don''t know. I''m sure that information can be found somewhere. It''s all I can do to stay awake and judge with my own eyes.
What did you think buddy?

Oliveira wasn''t the only player to play three games in six days. As a forward they generally don''t run as far as say a midfield player so for some to say he was tired is maybe indicative of his training. But as has been stated to make a like for like swap when chasing the game was not the best move especially as we sent Bassong forward towards the end.

I''ll mention how much they get paid until the cows come home.

Highly paid individuals who are failing to justify their lifestyle.

We did go two up front for ten minutes. AN decided those two should be Bassong and Jerome, presumably because Oli was so tired that they ended up being his best option in his expert opinion.

I didn''t boo, so I guess I''m not a numpty, but I can certainly understand why he got the reaction he did!

Back in my day the player got a couple of shillings a week, that was enough for a post game fish support, pint and a packet of woodbines. They were far better player in them days, run their socks off for the shirt, real warriors.

Oh for that spirit nowadays.

The Tinkerman never keeps the same team two games running whether they are a week apart or after an international break but suddenly two games 72 hours apart he plays the same eleven and we are discussing whether tired players or not !

The fish support worries me, maybe Indy used to spend a bit too much time with naughty elderly ladies.

TIL 1010 "The Tinkerman never keeps the same team two games running whether they are a week apart or after an international break but suddenly two games 72 hours apart he plays the same eleven and we are discussing whether tired players or not !

Come the end of the year/start of next year we have completed 2 games in less than 48 hours, how are we going to deal with that?

Elderly ladies?

Having reflected and read the subsequent posts I''ve come to the conclusion that the manager was wrong to expect the same team to turn out again so quickly and was wrong not to play the lone striker, not a very demanding position, for a further 90.

Happy Christmas fellow numpties wherever you may be.

[quote user="VanWink"]The fish support worries me, maybe Indy used to spend a bit too much time with naughty elderly ladies.[/quote]

I think you''re confused with a fish supper and a fishy supper!

Nutty you''re bang on the money, three games in 6 days in effect was very demanding, in reality maybe we should have started with Jerome and gone with Oliviera with two up top.

Naismith just doesn''t appear to be at the levels most expected, maybe the right call was to bring on Wes for Mulumbu, then Oliviera for Brady and gone two up top.

Still AN did what he''s paid to do, and stick to his system, ultimately it failed and the pressure is on!

Oh to have the pressure of one loss away from the sack, a million pound as a pay off! I wish all jobs came with such a package for being shite at your job and failing the employers targets!

Nutty - I did not boo the subs, or join in with any of the chants, however I did not think a like for like sub was the right thing to do, I would have preferred to have seen both Oliveira and Jerome on the pitch, personally did not think he looked tired and as I have alluded a fit, professional athlete should be able to run 10k every other day (you get some folk running 26 consecutive marathons). I am not particularly angry about the substitutions, my ire is more directed at folk who want to blame the fans for something that was basically the manager/players fault, the fans had every right to react they way they did, you can disagree with it, but to start calling them numpties etc is out of line.......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Nutty - I did not boo the subs, or join in with any of the chants, however I did not think a like for like sub was the right thing to do, I would have preferred to have seen both Oliveira and Jerome on the pitch, personally did not think he looked tired and as I have alluded a fit, professional athlete should be able to run 10k every other day (you get some folk running 26 consecutive marathons). I am not particularly angry about the substitutions, my ire is more directed at folk who want to blame the fans for something that was basically the manager/players fault, the fans had every right to react they way they did, you can disagree with it, but to start calling them numpties etc is out of line.......[/quote]
You might like to reflect that I didn''t criticise anyone for booing or call anyone a numpty for doing so.

How do we determine if the posters who suggest what the substitutions should have been were correct in their suggestion?
I mean, I would have brought on Whittaker for Pinto and Lafferty for Olsson, and I could post all day about why that would have been the right thing to do...

I don''t understand why he doesn''t rest all the strikers and play without one. That''ll keep them all fresh and get rid of any tiredness.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I don''t understand why he doesn''t rest all the strikers and play without one.[/quote]He tried that away at Birmingham.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]I don''t understand why he doesn''t rest all the strikers and play without one.[/quote]He tried that away at Birmingham.[/quote]

And it worked - we won the next two games! Stroke of genius.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]I don''t understand why he doesn''t rest all the strikers and play without one.[/quote]He tried that away at Birmingham.[/quote]

And it worked - we won the next two games! Stroke of genius.[/quote][:D]