Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Numpties

Or maybe people haven''t misunderstood you at all lakey, and they have made themselves perfectly clear as to what they think of your opinion?

For goodness sake LDC. You bang on about one particular point, without acknowledging the reasons why people did what they did.

As a stand alone point, yes you could argue that, but you fail to see why people have reached that point. It isn''t as black and white as you are trying to put over.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 27/12/2016 10:45 PM:

Van Wink''s profile picture is ironic. Princess Leia fought to rid the galaxy of c unts like you.

Down Rover.🐶

[quote user="king canary"]Amazing. You say fans have given up on wanting the team to succeed the same week you started a thread about how we needed to let go of wanting to get promoted. Fantastic.[/quote]
To be fair King, his ability to contradict everything he''s said before in each new post is a talent you don''t see too often on this board.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]For goodness sake LDC. You bang on about one particular point, without acknowledging the reasons why people did what they did.

As a stand alone point, yes you could argue that, but you fail to see why people have reached that point. It isn''t as black and white as you are trying to put over.[/quote]

I would agree with that, except that I have never understood or been able to accept fans attacking players or managers mid-match.  I''ve been at countless matches over the years where individuals or small groups of fans have yelled abuse at players - and managers on occassion - and find it abhorrent that a supporter can behave this way. To me a match is sacrosanct.  You go there - you support - you yell and cheer when things go well and you groan or moan when things go wrong - but you never, never, attack players or manager during a match - because you are there to support and in the words of the song "never mind the danger".  If you have to chant anti-player or manager stuff - save it to after the match, at least you will have refrained from making it harder for players to focus during it.  They are not machines and they pick up vibes from fans.  Watching from a distance, but still being an active follower, I get a different perspective - I know that - but the unwritten but fundamental rule is that you never attack or abuse your own, during a match - and I don''t have to be at matches to be able to say that.  In the last two matches we have been in there and fighting at only one goal down and in both instances the only beneficiaries of the anti-manager chanting were the players of Huddersfield and Reading. Like I said before - it''s a vicsious circle.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]For heavens sake LDC, just stop ![/quote]I replied to crabby with a reasoned argument, so why should I stop? This is a discussion board, isn''t it....or is it like you have to only put things down that people agree with?  To be frank, the more people that tell me to shut up, the more I am likely to persist because this isn''t a one sided board with ony people allowed to put down stuff that people agree with.  I get that people are angry and angry and frustrated for good reason - but sometimes home truths hurt....you save your vitriol at a match for the referee, linesmen and the opposition - however bad things are for your team...... 

Having watched this board from the sidelines for many years and not necessarily agreeing with many of LDC''s opinions (certainly not this one), I never cease to be amazed at the level of opprobrium that seems to be generated. There are some who seem to take great pleasure in labelling LDC a troll while simultaneously being highly abusive. Oh well, that''s the interweb for you.

Earlier in this thread you claim not to intend to piss people off, yet now you''re saying the more you piss people off the more you are going to persist...

The board are to blame for letting things stagnate to such an extreme, the fans have been patient and supportive this season despite poor performance after poor performance, but you have to draw the line eventually. If you''d been at games you''d know this well and understand why you''re pi55ing everyone off. The fans have given a hell of a lot more than the players have this season. It''s now looking like things will boil over completely very soon, if that means the players'' have to play a game or 2 through a poisonous atmosphere then so be it, it will be for the best in the long run. But please just stop blaming the fans for the corner that the board has backed them in to.

Just imagine the abuse LDC would get if he was a Blackpool fan..

Yet again LDC....you weren''t there, you didn''t get the frustration that built up and then (understandably) boiled over in that moment of chanting.

The support of the team was fantastic that night, something you won''t have noticed from your armchair. Not just normal support, it was fantastic support (more than the recent performances have deserved). No one on the pitch would have been in any doubt about how much us fans wanted the team to do well.

What happened with the substitution would not have changed that at all. It was so clearly directed at only one man and the support for the players then continued as before...(with the added difficulty of supporting a team trying nothing new and getting nowhere).

STOP saying things like ''home truth hurts'' straight after saying that this is a message board for opinions. Your opinion is that we should save all the chanting for after the game, I say as you weren''t there you didn''t feel the anger and frustration at a ridiculous decision.

I have never booed at a game and never chanted against the team or manager during a game...until that night. But I''m a passionate fan and my patience had been tested for too long and I took part in what I felt was right at the time and I wanted to express my disappointment, anger, bewilderment etc etc at what I believed to be a clueless, stupid decision.

I will NOT be told what I did was wrong by someone who was not there that night. You may have your opinion but stop preaching as though only you are talking sense. Ask yourself why it''s seemingly you against the rest on this thread?

I remember your early days on the board and agreeing with much of what you said but I''ve come to the conclusion that as your credibility has dissipated you simply exist on here to antagonise.

Lessingham Canary wrote:

For heavens sake LDC, just stop !

I replied to crabby with a reasoned argument, so why should I stop? This is a discussion board, isn''t it....or is it like you have to only put things down that people agree with? To be frank, the more people that tell me to shut up, the more I am likely to persist because this isn''t a one sided board with ony people allowed to put down stuff that people agree with. I get that people are angry and angry and frustrated for good reason - but sometimes home truths hurt....you save your vitriol at a match for the referee, linesmen and the opposition - however bad things are for your team......

Lakey you have no idea of how I react / behave at a match, or a anyone else for that matter, I did not boo at the Huddersfield match, but I could see why they did, I did boo at Reading as could not believe what I saw, then to get home later that evening and hear Alex Neil say he took Nelson off because he had a poor first half and we needed some pace up top, the man has lost the plot, supporters have had enough and are letting the board know the only way they can. Difference between you and me LDC is I will keep going, whatever players wear the shirt, whoever is sat in the directors box and whatever manager is in the hot seat, you on the other hand will no doubt keep preaching about how fans should behave, and call them numpties.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]For heavens sake LDC, just stop ![/quote]I replied to crabby with a reasoned argument, so why should I stop? This is a discussion board, isn''t it....or is it like you have to only put things down that people agree with?  To be frank, the more people that tell me to shut up, the more I am likely to persist because this isn''t a one sided board with ony people allowed to put down stuff that people agree with.  I get that people are angry and angry and frustrated for good reason - but sometimes home truths hurt....you save your vitriol at a match for the referee, linesmen and the opposition - however bad things are for your team......[/quote]You are the saddest character I have ever encountered on an internet forum, and believe me I have frequented a few. Your persistence in trying to ruin it for everyone else is staggering. Everyone hates you, and you know it, but you just have to keep going because any attention is good attention. I hope that one day you are strong enough to face up to your problems and seek some professional help.Until that point, I hope the intensity and frequency of sh*t that gets thrown at you increases to the extent that you can''t bear it any more and leave this forum once and for all.

[quote user="lake district canary"]To me a match is sacrosanct.[/quote]Twice a year.

I certainly think the level of displeasure shown at games is far less than it would be at many other clubs. Norwich supporters are remarkably tolerant and generally things have to have reached a perceived point of no return before the booing and chanting set in. The issue here is that for many who attend week in, week out, that point has been reached so the long-term good of the Club is best served by change happening sooner rather than later.

Sorry lakey but you are completely forgetting the emotional side of things. If you''re a regular match goer, especially away from home, and are watching rubbish week in week out, you are going to get angry and frustrated and vent your anger. Well, most fans would, its human nature. I think you''re expecting too much if you expect Norwich fans to be emotionless robots when the manager makes yet another bizarre change in the match.

HSS - I didn''t set out to p!ss people off with this thread - I was just giving to voice my annoyance and set out my opinion - and I tried to step back earlier in the thread when I saw the effect of it - but people wouldn''t let it rest. That is their issue, not mine. The last two matches have been against two of the most improved sides in the division - so to be a goal down against them was no disgrace - but it meant nothing because people have lost their patience.  Patience is only useful as long as you can keep it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]HSS - I didn''t set out to p!ss people off with this thread - I was just giving to voice my annoyance and set out my opinion - and I tried to step back earlier in the thread when I saw the effect of it - but people wouldn''t let it rest. That is their issue, not mine. The last two matches have been against two of the most improved sides in the division - so to be a goal down against them was no disgrace - but it meant nothing because people have lost their patience.  Patience is only useful as long as you can keep it. [/quote]Everyone else''s fault as usual, then. Sad, blinkered old fool.

Please keep on topic van wink.

And lakey, it''s human nature to lose patience with all sorts of things, Alex Neil has lost most of the fans, and don''t forget we have been massively patient with him. I think you''re really missing the point when you expect fans to keep their cool when the manager is making error after error. It''s going to take a mammoth turnaround to get the fans back and is highly unlikely, therefore it''s best that he leaves.

"Patience is only useful as long as you can keep it."

And so is luck and I''m afraid AN has run out of this.

Apples

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]HSS - I didn''t set out to p!ss people off with this thread - I was just giving to voice my annoyance and set out my opinion - and I tried to step back earlier in the thread when I saw the effect of it - but people wouldn''t let it rest. That is their issue, not mine.   The last two matches have been against two of the most improved sides in the division - so to be a goal down against them was no disgrace - but it meant nothing because people have lost their patience.  Patience is only useful as long as you can keep it. [/quote]Everyone else''s fault as usual, then. Sad, blinkered old fool.[/quote]

I respond as I find - and your responses on this thread are beneath you. Take a look in the mirror.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]HSS - I didn''t set out to p!ss people off with this thread - I was just giving to voice my annoyance and set out my opinion - and I tried to step back earlier in the thread when I saw the effect of it - but people wouldn''t let it rest. That is their issue, not mine.   The last two matches have been against two of the most improved sides in the division - so to be a goal down against them was no disgrace - but it meant nothing because people have lost their patience.  Patience is only useful as long as you can keep it. [/quote]Everyone else''s fault as usual, then. Sad, blinkered old fool.[/quote]

I respond as I find - and your responses on this thread are beneath you. Take a look in the mirror.

[/quote]I am bringing myself down to your level. If you want to keep wrecking the forum I''m going to keep f**king calling you on it, because I''m sick of it. Don''t give a s**t if I get banned, I''ll find something else to do with my life.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]HSS - I didn''t set out to p!ss people off with this thread - I was just giving to voice my annoyance and set out my opinion - and I tried to step back earlier in the thread when I saw the effect of it - but people wouldn''t let it rest. That is their issue, not mine.   The last two matches have been against two of the most improved sides in the division - so to be a goal down against them was no disgrace - but it meant nothing because people have lost their patience.  Patience is only useful as long as you can keep it. [/quote]Everyone else''s fault as usual, then. Sad, blinkered old fool.[/quote]

[/quote]I am bringing myself down to your level. If you want to keep wrecking the forum I''m going to keep f**king calling you on it, because I''m sick of it. Don''t give a s**t if I get banned, I''ll find something else to do with my life.[/quote] 

Oh, grow up.  So I started a thread in anger - and accepted that quite early on - but the opinion behind it has a validity, whether you agree with it or not. Being abusive and unpleasant adds nothing.

Well then you should have realised that it was on topic,first step is to grasp the words but then comes the understanding bit. A bit like training a puppy.

There you go again, insinuating your superiority on this matter. The validity behind your OP doesn''t exist as you weren''t there to feel and view the circumstances behind the actions.

And your unpleasantness? That''s ok is it?