Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

End of season dinner

Lessingham, I have always enjoyed your contributions to this board but can I ask you how impressed you were with Delia''s outpourings last night? In particular her comment her ''proudest moment with the club was the support Alex Neil received at the Watford game'' To me that sums up every thing wrong with our current leadership of the club. In addition, did she sound like an owner who sounded a clarion call for the future and apologised for mistakes made by the board?

Bury, IMO, she definitely did not apologise for mistakes by the board, or anyone else, it was no surprise (for me anyway) that she cares as much about the club''s standing in the community, and the long term viability of the club (prudence etc?) Michael on the other hand seemed more upset by relegation, I think it hurts him immensely. For the first time I thought they were both starting to look very old and tired (Michael in particular).

Many thanks for that Lessingham. I admit I have never been a great fan of the owners business acumen but I have stood next to Delia in sub zero temperatures away at Coventry. Not for her the comfort of the hosts boardroom. Both are true fans but I do hope that they receive some advice as to where they are at the moment and where they should be in the next few months.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Many thanks for that Lessingham. I admit I have never been a great fan of the owners business acumen but I have stood next to Delia in sub zero temperatures away at Coventry. Not for her the comfort of the hosts boardroom. Both are true fans but I do hope that they receive some advice as to where they are at the moment and where they should be in the next few months.[/quote]Something a lot would do well to remember!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Bury, IMO, she definitely did not apologise for mistakes by the board, or anyone else, it was no surprise (for me anyway) that she cares as much about the club''s standing in the community, and the long term viability of the club (prudence etc?) Michael on the other hand seemed more upset by relegation, I think it hurts him immensely. For the first time I thought they were both starting to look very old and tired (Michael in particular).[/quote]In other words Delia in particular, head in the bloody sand by the sound of it LC.  Personally I''m not sure how much more of this static, underfunded ownership I want to put up with.  We will never become a stable PL club with this owners ''club'' in place, they''re not rich enough.  It''s time for a new regime, or we just keep yo yoing(sp) which if that''s what the fans want, fine.  I''m not convinced.

I''m just glad no one has You Tubed the "Oh Lord Adrian Forbes" rendition. We sat with a player who had his head in his hands at this point.

I think Our Delia had enjoyed a very good dinner.

(agree about Michael - I looked a bit shell shocked I thought)

( and if you sat with Jonny H, fancy making the poor guy go up again on his crutches

The "Oh Lord Adrian Forbes" song was cringeworthy, and I agree that our Delia was enjoying the dinner, as she does.

Jonny H has his crutches for another 2 weeks, they tried to get him to cancel his holiday until got rid of them but he is off to Dubai at the end of the week, so he will have fun in the airports on his crutches.

Don''t think 1 season in the Champs would harm Klose''s international chances at all. Lets hope Neil can convince him.

Not so sure that we''ll lose Brady now, not unless we get offered something ridiculous like 15 million pounds.

Relegation is now beginning to sink in properly. Good to see Pinto looks up for a Chumps fight, seeing Redmond go will not be as big a loss as seeing Klose  go, which seems highly likely at this moment. So much for building a new defence around the guy, if he goes we are back to Martin, Bassong and Bennett, so a season in the Prem and we are no better off,  which really shows how far weve come..nowhere.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]klose will be here next season no need to worry ;-)[/quote]Hope that statement does not come back to bite you on the bum ;)

[quote user="norfolkngood"]klose will be here next season no need to worry ;-)[/quote]Like you''re in the know [:|]Pillock.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]like you are either[/quote]I''ve never claimed to be in the know, so back off, muggins.

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="norfolkngood"]klose will be here next season no need to worry ;-)[/quote]Like you''re in the know [:|]Pillock.[/quote]

Unless we get a huge offer for Klose he will be here next season bigger pillock.

Even Willo who has shown over and over again that he is 100 % in the know has stated this ?

We''ll b back ~ [quote]Unless we get a huge offer for Klose he will be here next season[/quote]

:rofl

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="mrs miggins"]like you are either[/quote]I''ve never claimed to be in the know, so back off, muggins.[/quote]

But you don''t know that he doesn''t know. Or do you?

If I said The Kursaal Flyers would anyone else know what I was talking about?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="mrs miggins"]like you are either[/quote]I''ve never claimed to be in the know, so back off, muggins.[/quote]

But you don''t know that he doesn''t know. Or do you?

If I said The Kursaal Flyers would anyone else know what I was talking about?[/quote]
No, but I like the Eton Rifles which is close-ish.

Re Klose he has played in 10 games in the Premier League one of those being 40 minutes at Palace. The last 4 or 5 he was excellent probably once he had adjusted to the pace of the game. However would that be enough to sell him to another PL club if he wants to stay in England. His assets organisation & heading but he def lacks pace so would not be good in a team that wants to defend high (remember WHU & Villa).

Hopefully he will give us to say Christmas although I''m not holding my breath but he could look at Martin Olsson & see that Championship doesn''t necessarily spell exile from international side.

some posters know who i know and who i don''t

i do not name sources and pass on what i can without putting players or employees at risk or the club at risk and do not claim to be billy big boots just pass on stuff of interest ,

always some doubt as football is a funny game and things change in a heartbeat but i stand by what i said

Steve Stone ignored his phone when balls flashed up on it! [:D] - [url]http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=447070[/url]Rumour has it, that he is interested/has thrown his hat into the ring for the permanent CEO position.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Steve Stone ignored his phone when balls flashed up on it! [:D] - [url]http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=447070[/url]

Rumour has it, that he is interested/has thrown his hat into the ring for the permanent CEO position.
[/quote]

It was a poor attempt at making a jocular comment.

Interim Chief Executive, Steve Stone also said a few words to the room and said that he actually ignored a phone call from Ed Balls after David McNally had resigned.

He said he was driving at the time and saw Balls'' name flash up on his phone. He decided that this couldn''t be a good thing and let it go to voicemail before then listening to the message and deciding to call his Chairman back.

TC Canary;

It was a poor attempt at making a jocular comment

It was indeed, but he will be CEO, 99.9% certain !! and don''t be surprised if Coral Bet is on our shirts next season ;-)