Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

End of season dinner

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]TC Canary;

It was a poor attempt at making a jocular comment

It was indeed, but he will be CEO, 99.9% certain !! and don''t be surprised if Coral Bet is on our shirts next season ;-)[/quote]Norwich City Chairman Ed Balls (one of the world''s most respected economists), said earlier today.  "We had a lot of interest in the position and we scoured the whole of Europe looking for a top class CEO.  We formulated a shortlist of 4 or 5 names and you''ll never guess what.  We easily had by far the best candidate working here already, right under our noses............"[;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Steve Stone ignored his phone when balls flashed up on it! [:D] - [url]http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=447070[/url]Rumour has it, that he is interested/has thrown his hat into the ring for the permanent CEO position.[/quote]He would be pretty much duty-bound to apply for the job, to show ambition, and as a marker for the future.

Maybe we will scour the whole of Europe and find that we had the right man all along. I''m not sure if there is a precedent for that sort of thing?

@Frank - Also contained the classic:

I knew that she''d seen me ''cause she dropped her bikini

And:

When she finished her laundry she was all in a quandary

Not quite Cole Porter, but not bad.

And maybe it''s just me, but the "scouring the whole of Europe" joke stopped being funny a long time ago, about the last time we were relegated.