Sign in to follow this  
?

Elliot Bennett

Bid accepted for Bennett from Blackburn, looks like he''s linking up with Lambert again.

I really do wish this lad good luck, he comes over as a really decent caring guy who does loads of work for the community

Shame it didnt work out for him here but with an attitude like his he''ll be fine anywhere

Good luck to him, comes across as a nice guy with a positive attitude. Shame the injury set him back alittle just as he looked like he might step up a couple of seasons back.

One of those players that never quite had the breaks to consistently picked for 1st team duty, but a good player and will likely do well at Blackburn. PL will  surely get the best out of him. On the playing side will  likely be missed more by Bristol City than us. All the best Elliott, feel free to give the binners a torrid time when you meet them.

He was a good player, but never seemed the same after that injury. Shame because early on in the Premiership he was one of our best performers, never really getting the credit he deserved.

Top guy, Elliot. The thunderbolt at the Lane will not easily be forgotten. Also sent me a signed Norwich shirt (all players) in August after winning a Twitter charity contest which he arranged.

Top man on and off the pitch, gave his all, but have struggled a little after his horrific injury. Lost a bit of pace, maybe, but at 27 got plenty of time to reproduce the magic. Well liked by everone, so it sad to see him go, but football is business, both for club and player, and Lambert will hopefully get him back to his best.

Wish him well, a top athlete with a superb attitude. Never complained when not picked and other players commented how supportive he was to them - even when they might have been taking his place, and still tweeted his support to his Norwich team mates on Twitter! I''m sure he''ll do well, but still have this feeling that I would have liked to have seen him given a go at right back, I think this could be his best position (as do quite a few I''m sure) - maybe not in the Prem, but when we were in the Championship.

Btw, when Benno scored the screamer at Tottenham I was at the Canary Islands drinking beer with Arsenal fans, and we all mocked 2 sorry Spurs supporters. What a day!

Good luck to him, seems he was never going to get near the first team which is unfortunate as he seemed to have a great personality and a came across as a genuinely nice guy.

Good luck to him.

I remember the Everton home game, first game of our relegation season. Bennett played really well and seemed to have developed an extra yard of pace over pre season. Shame he got injured when he did as he had clearly forced his way into our starting eleven at that point.

Sure he''ll do a good job under Lambert.

[quote user="hogesar"]Good luck to him.

I remember the Everton home game, first game of our relegation season. Bennett played really well and seemed to have developed an extra yard of pace over pre season. Shame he got injured when he did as he had clearly forced his way into our starting eleven at that point.

Sure he''ll do a good job under Lambert.[/quote]I was at that game, and he really, really caught the eye, he had obviously worked hard over the summer and I was so pleased for him, as it looked like he could really nail down a place with that level of performance.Great pro though, and I''m glad he has got regular football again.

Benno is just one of them Norwich City players I thought so much of.

I chatted to him a couple of times and he really was such a genuinely friendly and polite guy. A true gent.

A real tragedy that he got injured against Everton. He''d had a good game but that took a season out of his career, and he lost a yard of pace. Still ever the professional though.

I still think he could have done a job for us, but injuries etc meant others cemented their places in the team and it was a tough ask to force his way back in.

His delight at Wembley was clear despite not playing much that season, a real highlight for me that day.

Such a professional and a real contrast to the clown Lafferty.

The goal at Spurs capped one of my favourite ever away days.

I wish him all the best and I''ll keep a check on how he gets on with Lambo at Blackburn.

Can only endorse all the good things that have been said. Elliot Bennett has been first class in everything he''s done in and around our club. I really hope he''s a success for the rest of his career.

Funny how everyone is full of praise for Bennett and he has been unlucky with injuries, but never quiet good enough, yet Redders gets a really poor response from some on here.....both been good pros.

Good luck to Bennett and hooking up with Lambert might just get him back to his best.

I''ve never seen such an outpouring of love on twitter for a player leaving ncfc, shows what a special nice person he is. Always got time to chat to fans, does load of community/charity work and helps his mum in her foodbank venture, if only there were more like him.

Hope he does well at Blackburn, he deserves it.

[quote user="Indy"]Funny how everyone is full of praise for Bennett and he has been unlucky with injuries, but never quiet good enough, yet Redders gets a really poor response from some on here.....both been good pros.

Good luck to Bennett and hooking up with Lambert might just get him back to his best.[/quote]

I don''t think anyone on this thread has been comparing Elliot Bennett with Nathan Redmond. Only you. As far as I''m aware both players are held in very high regard by us City fans. But for different reasons.

According to the BBC, linking up with Lambert for the third time, having played under him at Brighton and Norwich 😳😳😳

Wish him well, always seemed to have a great attitude.

A class act on the pitch when fit, and always a class act off it.

Was at Spurs when he scored, and it was an away day to live long in the memory. I was also at Old Trafford in our relegation season when he was in the away end to support the team.

At a time when footballers lose touch with the fans, this young man was an exception to the rule. Hope he does really well at Blackburn, they are getting a gem.

Hope he goes into coaching when he retires, young players could learn a lot - a genuine team player.

Thanks Elliott, and Good Luck!

Great bloke, and was gutted for him with the injury after such a fine game against Everton. Still wonder what might have been should that injury not have occurred. Wish him all the best at Blackburn, will love it if he gets promoted with Rovers and gets a deserved run in the Prem. Good luck Elliott, sad to see you go.

Very best of luck to Benno.  Always gave a good account of himself.  Hope it works out for him at Blackburn.