Sign in to follow this  
unique

Gayle or Naismith?

We continue to be linked with Gayle, so if it was a straight choice, who would you prefer.......

...Gayle or Naismith?

Naismith - he is more versatile, - attacking midfielder or striker, and he is being kept out by some good strikers at the moment.

It isn''t a straight choice cos were likely to get both. If it were then Naismith

Naismith by a mile , Gayle is just another overpriced Peterborough export and no surprise Palace want rid even though they are short up front .

Naismith, no question.  I just don''t see what Gayle would add to us, and certainly not add in terms of £8m value, he''s not prolific.If we are after a pacy, tricky, skilful, forward player we should look at Andy Najar or someone similar.

[quote user="Essjayess"]i prefer Vadis, and City getting a CB, but if had to choose to the question, Naismith by a whisker.[/quote]

This^^

Vadis, once up to speed, is probably not much worse than Naismith, if at all, and the 8mill is better spent elsewhere (CB, RB, LB).

Bit goven a choice between Gayle and Naismith, no doubt Naismith, even with lesser probable resell value. Offers more to our team than Gayle.

Love to see both.

Naismith to play number 10/wing/striker.

Gayle different to what we have. Nippy striker. Don''t have any real pace in the striker department. Don''t have a pacey striker to bring off bench.

Get these 2 and another centre back and we will be fine.

As they are very different players why is it either or?

Both would be perfect... but neither are my first choice

If Gayle is our idea of strengthening then we really do deserve to be relegated , nowhere near the level required . Is the summer all over again , we  were supposed to have targets lined up that were going to be here early in the window and at the mid way point we are again like headless chickens who dont appear to know who or what we want to bring in ...amateurish .

Completely different players, carrying out different functions within the team. So an odd comparison

Perhaps the question should be phrased better for simpletons and pedantics.........

If Norwich had just £8m to spend on just one of two players ( as both players are valued around this figure) would you rather it was spent on Gayle or Naismith?

I don''t think I''d pick Gayle as the lone striker ahead of Mbokani or Jerome, so Naismith for me as he offers more options. Not massively excited by him but not every signing can be Darren Huckerby.

Agree with Chewy Louie, Naismith I can see making the Wes role his own potentially long term and if we want to play both, Naismith can go out wide instead of Redmond or Howson or whoever.

As for Gayle, he''d be an alright option out wide with more defensive players around him, slightly more reliable striker without as much work rate to Jerome and nowhere near the strength of Mbokani but mainly used off the bench with his pace and directness. Long term, he''d either be part of a 4-4-2 if we changed systems round or he''d have to unsurp Jerome or Mbokani.

As a result, Naismith would be more useful.

What does that Croydon rag actually say?  Norwich have made an enquiry. Nothing more. Also says Gayle has a hamstring and is looking for a comeback in next 2 weeks..With Hamstrings, that could easily take him to the end of this window. Also states Palace are looking around for another forward, which means they have to identify a target then go thru the negotiations. Even if they did that, they "may" consider selling Gayle. The very word may always  means may not. All of that to me says Gayle is as likely to sign as much as David Bowie announcing a new World tour.As for Naismith, ive said my piece about him elsewhere. Cannot see us getting either player.