Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Rudy Gestede

I wouldn''t say he''s much of an improvement on Jerome. If we are to sign another striker I''d rather it be a first choice striker than a squad filler.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Rudy can''t fail.
[/quote]

I think it was Rudie that cant fail;    a message to you Rudy,

His highlights reel looks very similar to Mbokani''s. Can''t link, but the only bits of commentary included are "the substitute" and "he''s reedem himself after that golden chance earlier on".

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Rudy can''t fail.
[/quote]

I think it was Rudie that cant fail;    a message to you Rudy, [/quote]he just likes to stand up front and "do nothing"

shhhhh true Grit

don''t know about this one I tend to be blinkered during a season and only see players when they play us

I think that we should be aiming a bit higher than Gestede he''s no better than what we have IMHO then again top strikers cost serious money and are simply out of our price range. I mean an average at best full back has just been transfered for £8M FFS !!

(first post on here btw guys, long time lurker ;-) 

I think we should be looking to sign players like Gestede.

After all, the fact we bought the championships cream previously meant we were so well equipped for an automatic return to the championship at the first time of asking.

So to me this sort of signing makes perfect sense, given we are not an established premier league club. One might argue how do you become established in the premiership with championship players? Well we we''re very close to it last time.

I remember when we signed Morison and being very underwhelmed but he scored 10 premier league goals in his first premier league season. Think Gestede would have the same impact.

Not sure about this one really as be doesn''t seem an upgrade on what we have already. I''d rather we gamble on Mbokani who could potentially be awesome!

Gestede is a beast in the air and would offer offensive options that we do not have. Whenever I have seen him play he dominates the centre backs in the air and teams often double up on him or try and close off the second ball as they know he will win the header.Im not proposing that we play the long ball game but we wont be pinning many teams in like we did this season and passing through and around them, we need a get out ball and a set piece threat.I think he can step up and he is used to the physicality of the English game.He is also 4 years younger than Mbokani and would have a sell on value

Not a massive fan of Gestede personally, he has had one good season in English football after years of mediocrity.

He has worked well in Blackburn''s long ball system, but is that something we really want to revert to at Norwich? Hoofing it up to ''the big man'' - would be a little hypocritical after all the abuse fans have given Ipswich for their rather agricultural style. He has a shot conversion rate of 16%, worse than Grabban or Jerome

Also, can''t see him costing less than £7m - which could certainly be spent better on other players.

Luckily it appears it is only an ''enquiry'' at this stage - hopefully the club will look at other targets after being quoted a high price.

I do think Gestede is by far the better option over Jordan Rhodes so if we had to take one it would be rudy.

However I dont see him as better than what we have (on a par with £3m grabban and £1.5m jerome, who had a similar record and whose prem record is known) so would hope it remains just an enquiry as we find a better option, esp for £7m+

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Not a massive fan of Gestede personally, he has had one good season in English football after years of mediocrity.

He has worked well in Blackburn''s long ball system, but is that something we really want to revert to at Norwich? Hoofing it up to ''the big man'' - would be a little hypocritical after all the abuse fans have given Ipswich for their rather agricultural style. He has a shot conversion rate of 16%, worse than Grabban or Jerome

Also, can''t see him costing less than £7m - which could certainly be spent better on other players.

Luckily it appears it is only an ''enquiry'' at this stage - hopefully the club will look at other targets after being quoted a high price.[/quote]

Second this. I am not a big fan either. He is suited to Blackburns direct approach, and the fact that both Gestede and Rhodes scored a lot at Blackburn was that their play was centered around getting it to the strikers, as often and as early as possible.

Having said that, he is very good in the air, and will be very useful as a setpiece threat, etc. But he lacks the mobility of a Jerome and a Grabban.

And, as you mentioned, his shot conversion rate is not very good. 1 in 7.

[quote user="nat canaries"]I wouldn''t say he''s much of an improvement on Jerome. If we are to sign another striker I''d rather it be a first choice striker than a squad filler.[/quote]my suspicion is we are being linked with players no better than jerome or grabban because we arent looking for another first choice, more of someone whos happy to be a back up option, possibly because we are going to bait celtic with hooper in exchange for van dijkgestede, mnokani and n''doye are not really first choice premier league strikers for any club but wont kick up too much fuss for not being regular starters, id imagine hoopers probably had enough of warming the bench by now, pretty obvious who the manager prefers

Bethnal.

I don''t think we would "hoof" it up top like Blackburn. There''s def some truth in the Brady rumour, he''s a fantastic crosser and at the min we don''t have anyone to capitalise on that.

Add to that Redmonds final ball improvement and I think it''s a good fit.