Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Ticket Confusion

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Do you mean you just have a customer number (as does anyone who has ever bought tickets) because if you''ve got membership then I think it must be "priority membership" they''ve just rebadged it.[/quote]
That''s correct Jim. You are either 1 of three things.
1) Season Ticket Holder
2) Priority Membership
3) General Sale
A customer number does not equal membership.

Can anyone remember how it was done for the millennium stadium? I remember myself and 5 mates q ing up from about 6 in the morning for general sale tickets and got them all together. No problems. Seems very different this time around for some reason

Just because you have a customer number and membership like he and have supported the club since you were 9 (me) and go to many away matches, it matters not a jot, you are still not a ST holder nor a priority membership owner and you cannot buy a priority membership because they have sold out. Nor can you get through to the telephone line because it''s full. And you can email and they tell you to try Wednesday at 6pm. But I think even then you have to have ST or priority status. I have been to Wembley in 1973 and 1975 and have waited 40 years for this kind of event and it looks like me or my son ( also a customer member) or my wife ( also a customer member) cannot go! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it really is not a fair system and doesn''t look after all real fans

[quote user="sonyc"]Just because you have a customer number and membership like he and have supported the club since you were 9 (me) and go to many away matches, it matters not a jot, you are still not a ST holder nor a priority membership owner and you cannot buy a priority membership because they have sold out. Nor can you get through to the telephone line because it''s full. And you can email and they tell you to try Wednesday at 6pm. But I think even then you have to have ST or priority status. I have been to Wembley in 1973 and 1975 and have waited 40 years for this kind of event and it looks like me or my son ( also a customer member) or my wife ( also a customer member) cannot go! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it really is not a fair system and doesn''t look after all real fans[/quote]

Im sorry for your angst but you are in a minority. The system they are using is fine for most. I had to go to the ticket office to get mine due to having two St and one customer number.... I also had the hindsight to buy 2 separate priority memberships last week so I could take my kids...... the club let us all know last week what the score was with the tickets and there was always gonna by a huge demand.... there wont be any tickets going on general sale........ I am a real fan and was willing to risk £40 last week to ensure I got the tickets I needed

Norwich Rat;

I dont doubt that u are a real fan as u put it .

Ive made a genuine error as have some others in not purchasing priority membership but that doesnt make me any less of a real fan that you .

As they say hindsight is a wonderful thing !

Yes I missed the boat on buying priority tickets NRat. I live in Yorkshire so not a ST holder. But there has rarely been a day since 1968 when I''ve not looked out for NCFC. And since I''ve joined this forum I read daily and go to as many games as I can. Guess it''s my fault for thinking my ordinary membership was enough. I''m a shareholder too buying shares when the call went out in 2004 and we bought Huckerby. Still, I don''t exist in this system. There will be more of my type I reckon.

[quote user="raunds canary"]Norwich Rat;

I dont doubt that u are a real fan as u put it .

Ive made a genuine error as have some others in not purchasing priority membership but that doesnt make me any less of a real fan that you .

As they say hindsight is a wonderful thing ![/quote]

My apologies, I did not mean or try to suggest that anybody is not a real fan. We are all fans irrespective of having the privilege or not to own a ST. Its a shame we can not all go.

Fair enough Norwich Rat, but I wonder how many people have purchased Priority Membership in the last 2 weeks who have never been to Carrow Road but fancied a trip to Wembley? Maybe not many, but even one who gets to go instead of someone else is too many.

Not talking about the ones you got for your kids, obviously as you are a real fan, and not talking about myself missing out, as I only go to a few games a season, but others on here who go more regularly seem to be missing out.

[quote user="sonyc"]Yes I missed the boat on buying priority tickets NRat. I live in Yorkshire so not a ST holder. But there has rarely been a day since 1968 when I''ve not looked out for NCFC. And since I''ve joined this forum I read daily and go to as many games as I can. Guess it''s my fault for thinking my ordinary membership was enough. I''m a shareholder too buying shares when the call went out in 2004 and we bought Huckerby. Still, I don''t exist in this system. There will be more of my type I reckon.[/quote]

I''m like you sonyc, always followed the city wherever I''ve moved to and have been following since the late sixties too.  Some seasons I haven''t bothered to get a membership, just relying on the customer number, but thankfully bought one for this season.  It is actually unfair imo not to give those that have bought tickets to matches the chance to buy a ticket for this one.  If you just need one ticket and are stuck for anyone to get a ticket for you on Wednesday, pm me, I''ll see if I can get an extra one on my membership, could deliver it to you at the match.

BTW , check out Matt Juler''s post earlier this morning on this thread-says that the club have told him that ST holders can buy tickets for friends and family on Wednesday, even if the friends or family are not ST holders.

I have e-mailed the club to get confirmation of whether this is correct-not that I disbelieve Matt, but because there has been so much contradiction and the ticketing informatuon is rather unclear.

I would add that I took a punt and spent £40 on two memberships that could have been an absolute waste.... my wife is still not happy with me even though we got by Ipshite.... two of my tickets cost £20 more than the others......

Mr Angry, the ticket sale on Weds pm is for s-t/members to get tkts for ''guests'' so it follows they are unlikely to be for people in the priority group (if they were would be able to buy). You need to ''pal up'' with someone who is willing to get you one. I would have been happy enough to help someone out but will be trying to get my kids in!

I thin k there will be a few out there like me. I have priority membership but need to get a ticket for my 10 yr old son (who has a customer number and has attended away matches but for whom I neglected to get a priority membership - argh) so have not yet bought any tickets as I have to have them together so am waiting until 6pm on Wednesday to do so. But am now extremely nervous that there won''t be any left even then. And if that is the case I might as well have just bought myself one in a good position and upset my son (like others have been prepared to do).

Cheers LDC. Very kind of you to even think about trying. I will pm you.

The other point to be made is the other 14,000 seats at Wembley not allocated to either side. Where do they go? Corporate? An extra few thousand might make all the difference.

I think the system is reasonably fair, but there are minorities that are being harshly treated, I know more than a few than don''t bother with Carrow Rd, but regularly attend away games. Well that was me up until I started saving for a house deposit and now its just a couple of Carrow Rd trips a year.

I will definitely be getting priority membership for next season.

I think Wednesday at 6.00PM will be chaos, I have spoken to 5 season ticket holders who are waiting till Wednesday evening as they can then purchase 2 tickets together rather than sitting apart from their relations

Daly - do any of these people know each other? If so, they should buy some now and at least guarantee some tickets. If they go for a block together they can then sort out who sits where once/if they get more tickets on Wednesday evening.

Am I getting things incorrect here and there is no doubt a fundamental flaw in my thinking, but doesn''t everyone need a Customer No to buy tickets online? Is it not possible to determine from a customer no. how many tickets have been bought this season? After ST holders have had their pick, it could be members with (say) 20+ ticket purchases, then general release for 20+ purchases, with the required purchase number reducing. How many priority memberships have been recently purchased by people with no or a handful of tickets bought in the last few seasons I wonder? Quite a few I reckon.

I expect the software infrastructure wouldn''t permit this in such a short timescale, but I''d rather see fans who actually get out and support the club get tickets, not just occasional visitors who were astute enough to fork out £20 at just the right time.

I know where you''re coming from Shef - I have 10 and 8 year olds, and two tickets (me and step-dad): we got two together first up and are going to try for two more on Wed; if we don''t get through the boys will have to miss out (couldn''t really take one over the other) - but as I said to them, they may have to miss this game but might get to see Man U or Chelsea next season instead. That, or we could get more tickets to sell....?

Shefcanary, I would advise you to get however many tickets you can get now, before the 5pm Wednesday deadline. Three reasons: 1) you may not be lucky enough to get through after 6pm Wednesday, 2) any seats left will be right at the back, 3) most importantly, you are probably making a bad assumption in thinking that you will be allowed to buy your regular one plus the extra one per customer number all in one go. As I understand it, you will still only be able to buy one ticket per customer number - not two. Be careful. I wouldn''t want to see you miss out.

There is a very simple reason why the deadline for season ticket holders was set at 5pm on Wednesday as it is the same time as Club Wembley members have to take up their option on their seats.  Club Wembley was set up when the new Wembley was built and individuals/corporates had the chance to buy a 10 year debenture which offered them an automatic seat for every sporting event at Wembley.  The Playoff finals were not included in that package but instead the Club Wembley members have an option to purchase their seats for the game up until 5pm Wednesday.  The seat map for Club Wembley tickets can be seen below.https://clubwembley.wembleystadium.com/ClubWembley/ClubWembleyLevelGiven the timing of this and David McNallys comments this morning on hopefully obtaining some more tickets that the tickets not taken up by Club Wembley members will then be returned to each club for sale in their respective parts of the ground.  Once the 5pm deadline expires on Wednesday the club will know exactly how many more they have to sell.For what its worth I think the Club have done a superb job through sales process in such a short period of time, and are doing their best to make sure that the vast majority of supporters have the chance to get a ticket.  You are never going to please everyone but imagine the horrendous bun fight their would have been had they gone on general sale so early as they did at Middlesboro.If any Club Wembley ones are returned they are likely to be in the top price bracket.Hope this helps.

Good work Punting Canary. I still think the instructions could have been much clearer though-lots of confusion on here about who can get tickets, when they can get them and for whom.

The policy isn''t great but the communication is even worse.

If everyone is making the same mistake thinking the tickets would go on general sale on Wednesday it meets the message has been communicated poorly.

I don''t understand why the club feels it is better to give Season Ticket and Priority holders another bite of the cherry from Wednesday, especially as they will end up with an additional ticket in a completely different section from their first one. It also means they can''t be sure if the people they want to come with them will be able to get a ticket or not - which is difficult for parents with children they want to take to Wembley.

How being the pal of a ST/PM holder is more priority than a Shareholder or Away Season ticket holder is baffling.

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]Am I getting things incorrect here and there is no doubt a fundamental flaw in my thinking, but doesn''t everyone need a Customer No to buy tickets online? Is it not possible to determine from a customer no. how many tickets have been bought this season? After ST holders have had their pick, it could be members with (say) 20+ ticket purchases, then general release for 20+ purchases, with the required purchase number reducing. How many priority memberships have been recently purchased by people with no or a handful of tickets bought in the last few seasons I wonder? Quite a few I reckon.

I expect the software infrastructure wouldn''t permit this in such a short timescale, but I''d rather see fans who actually get out and support the club get tickets, not just occasional visitors who were astute enough to fork out £20 at just the right time.

[/quote]

They should be able to do this because they already know how many points every fan on their database has and how many tickets they have purchased from the box office.

If you are hoping for a general sale at some stage, it now seems like it is the case of ''find a friend'' (with ticket priority) for the extra ticket sale at 6pm tomorrow. Sadly I think my chances of getting two tickets for the final are now just slightly above zero.

Trust me to pick Wednesday night to be away with work!

My train gets to Birmingham at 18:06 and hotel is 10 mins walk.

I can get on WIFI as soon as I reach the hotel basically, do people think that i''ll get away with half an hour or is someone else I.E my dad and uncle going to have to sort me out tickets?

I have registered mine and my GF''s accounts as family and friends of my dad and Uncle to hopefully make things easier. I really don''t want to leave anything to chance!

Will the phone lines be open on Wednesday as well? I could happily put my personal phone in a queue and it''d be easier to explain to a human and give them the two season ticket numbers required in one transaction.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Mr Angry, the ticket sale on Weds pm is for s-t/members to get tkts for ''guests'' so it follows they are unlikely to be for people in the priority group (if they were would be able to buy). You need to ''pal up'' with someone who is willing to get you one. I would have been happy enough to help someone out but will be trying to get my kids in![/quote]

In the light of the varying opinions on this site I am assuming Branston''s view is correct. i.e. a ST holder/priority member can obtain one ticket for a friend and that person does not need to have a customer number. I think the system has been fair and the Club have done quite a good job. Problem is due to the FA who have not really given sufficient time to deal with the sale of the tickets.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Mr Angry, the ticket sale on Weds pm is for s-t/members to get tkts for ''guests'' so it follows they are unlikely to be for people in the priority group (if they were would be able to buy). You need to ''pal up'' with someone who is willing to get you one. I would have been happy enough to help someone out but will be trying to get my kids in![/quote]

In the light of the varying opinions on this site I am assuming Branston''s view is correct. i.e. a ST holder/priority member can obtain one ticket for a friend and that person does not need to have a customer number. I think the system has been fair and the Club have done quite a good job. Problem is due to the FA who have not really given sufficient time to deal with the sale of the tickets.