Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Today's team.

no width, no pace, no cluenot much point in playing two strikers if you arent going to have the wide men to supply themthis will be forest all over again

WWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFF???????????????????No creativity in that team whatsoever.  No flair, no invention, two target men, no width a combination in midfield that looks pedestrian at best...............

(cue 4-0 win to Norwich [;)] ) 

Hmmm, it does look like he''s battening the hatches and settling for a point. My only hope is to bring on Redmond/Murphy quite early in the second half once we''ve bored them to apathy.Bloody hell, i normally try to err on the positive side. Come on City, pull something out of the hat today.

[quote user="lake district canary"]No creativity in that team whatsoever.  No flair, no invention....[/quote]Yes there is, Bradley is back. [:D]

Wigan: Carson, Taylor, McCann, Watson, Maloney, McClean, McManaman, Perch, Barnett, Figueroa, Fortune.Subs:- Al Habsi, Huws, Boyce, Espinoza, Cowie, Forshaw, Delort.Norwich City: Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Cuellar, Olsson; Howson, O''Neil, Tettey, Johnson; Hooper, Jerome.Subs: Rudd (GK), Turner, Lafferty, Hooiveld, Murphy, Redmond, McGrandles.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Cannot see the logic of this selection at all, I''m afraid.Could almost be a team to try and grind out a 0-0 draw a la Hughton, but draws are no good to us now.[/quote]A rarity but i tend to agree.

Wigans main threat is out wide, so why the f*ck firstly are we playing whittaker over martin at RB who can''t defend as well, also why we are playing with such a narrow midfield, who''s going to stop the crosses? Howson out wide, Johnson on the left. If he loses this game surely he''s got to go...please, he will have to go. This is going to be a scrappy game, not that thats the main issue, by a long way.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Wigan: Carson, Taylor, McCann, Watson, Maloney, McClean, McManaman, Perch, Barnett, Figueroa, Fortune.Subs:- Al Habsi, Huws, Boyce, Espinoza, Cowie, Forshaw, Delort.Norwich City: Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Cuellar, Olsson; Howson, O''Neil, Tettey, Johnson; Hooper, Jerome.Subs: Rudd (GK), Turner, Lafferty, Hooiveld, Murphy, Redmond, McGrandles.[/quote]To echo Forrest Gump: "My momma always said life was like a box of chocolates.You never know what you gonna get."

Funny you should say that Purple, I just said exactly the same thing..

Looking at our line up it looks to be playing to the strengths of the front 2. Hooper is good playing on the shoulder of the last man. Think about the goal Jerome scored against Bolton. I''d love be Wes to be in there but obviously not fit enough.

Let''s wait and see what happens...

What a shocking team selection! Still as someone else has said, let''s wait till 5 o clock.But That team doesn''t look like a team sent out to win a match to keep the manager in his job.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Looking at our line up it looks to be playing to the strengths of the front 2.  [/quote]
No creative players is "playing to the strengths of the front 2"...  ok... yeah...  Hilarious.  Four central midfielders, can any of them play a first time pass?
[quote user="nutty nigel"]Let''s wait and see what happens...[/quote]
Even dreadful sides fluke a win once in a while. Nice to see Martin in Central Defence again - he must have photos of Neil or something...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Funny you should say that Purple, I just said exactly the same thing..

Looking at our line up it looks to be playing to the strengths of the front 2. Hooper is good playing on the shoulder of the last man. Think about the goal Jerome scored against Bolton. I''d love be Wes to be in there but obviously not fit enough.

Let''s wait and see what happens...[/quote]Nutty, I make that four different central defensive partnerships in the last five games, but we shall indeed see...

How the hell has his love child managed to keep his place at Centre Half?

A more boring, badly balanced and entirely predictable lineup is hard to imagine.

Please, please, please, no more of this after today

isnt it 4 variations but 5 consecutive changes?

less worried about martin in the back 4 than that midfield - BJ straight back in and wide left; and no redmond; and finally jerome and hooper as a strike force who had less chemistry last week than an arts only school

Nutty thinks its a great line up, is he adams in disguise.

Of course we may fluke a result, we may even play well and win on merit

heres hoping

Indeed Purple. Certainly didn''t see Turners omission coming. I''malways happy to wait and see though. I see its already been established that a positive result would be a fluke.