Sign in to follow this  
Stangerz

Malky MacKay looking for house in Norfolk!!!

I have it on good authority today that Malky MacKay is a done deal for next season and the Scot was searching for new premises in Norfolk today.

I just hope that if this is true that it does not blow the wind out of Neil Adams sails as personally I would like to see him keep us up and given the job full time.

Maybe they see a long term re-building plan in MacKay if we go down as he has previous experience in promotion from Championship.

Hope Neil gets the job done though and given the oppertunity in the summer to build on his the squad and the attacking football he has showed us already in the previous two games.

OTBC

Just had a look at his history, and found this - "Following the success of his first season in Wales, Mackay was reportedly one of the candidates to replace Paul Lambert at Norwich City,

however on 4 June 2012, Mackay turned down the offer to return to his

former club
and said he was fully committed to Cardiff City". A bit surprised at this - is this common knowledge or has someone put two and two together and made five?

I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong but isn''t his wife Norfolk born and bred which might just mean 2=2=5 as far as the managers job ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong but isn''t his wife Norfolk born and bred which might just mean 2=2=5 as far as the managers job ?[/quote]

2+2=5 as far as the managers job is concerned. [:$]

Well he is not committed to any team now so there is no reason to stop him this time.

If his wife is Norfolk born and bread would it make sense to buy a house in Norfolk to then have to commute every day or be away from family for the majority of the time?!

2+2= he''s on his way to Portman Road LOL

I agree with you. Just think with his previous Prem/Championship experience he will be more attractive to the board long term and it will see Neil Adams return to a coaching role...

If this were true I don''t know whether to be happy or sad.

He was a great player for us. Clearly a leader.

His passion clearly continues in his management style and that''s a good thing for this club. He would clearly care.

He would have a large percentage of fan backing.

But the negative is the style of football his side plays. In my opinion it would be too much like what Hughton did wrong.

But I wouldn''t be surprised to see him employed here. I can imagine the board loving him. Until it came to talking about the transfer budget!

I just hope this is wrong. Malky was a great player for us but if we do replace Adams I don''t want an ex player.

If this is the boards thinking than it has the hands of our majority shareholders on the recruitment tiller and do I not like that!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just hope this is wrong. Malky was a great player for us but if we do replace Adams I don''t want an ex player.

If this is the boards thinking than it has the hands of our majority shareholders on the recruitment tiller and do I not like that!![/quote]Bowkett and McNally have both said they''re the best owners in the business but what do they know? [:^)]When clubs like Man Utd can''t get it right D & M can be forgiven.

[quote user="skippdogg"]i smell bull shit[/quote]

It''s all a bit Deja Moo... We''ve smelt this bs before...

[quote user="St Georgey"]But the negative is the style of football his side plays. [/quote]
Depends on your point of view. Mackays style of football didn''t seem too negative in the championship:
2009: Watford, 10th highest scorers, 61 goals
2010: Watford, 3rd highest scorers, 77 goals
2011: Cardiff, 8th highest scorers, 66 goals
2012: Cardiff, 3rd highest scorers, 72 goals
And whilst I would agree that his style of football was far more defensive in the Premier League this season, is that really unusual for a newly promoted side? I think people have to remember that the goalscoring exploits of Norwich when they got promoted were the exception, not the rule. 

What would make malky a better bet than Adams ? I know who i''d rather have.

Bury Yellow wrote:

I just hope this is wrong. Malky was a great player for us but if we do replace Adams I don''t want an ex player. If this is the boards thinking than it has the hands of our majority shareholders on the recruitment tiller and do I not like that!!

Bowkett and McNally have both said they''re the best owners in the business but what do they know? Huh? [:^)]

Well I could say ''they would say that wouldn''t they''?

but I won''t.

I appreciate they are great supporters of our club but I much prefer it when they let Bowkett and McNally run the show. This they obviously did but not sure now. Just my opinion. We are all supporters and allowed our points of view.

Personally I think we''re doomed I tell yer doomed :-(

(Assuming this is true)

MCNALLY!! Negative, dour, defensive football will never be accepted by the fans at this club, rightly or wrongly that''s a plain fact. If fan support is as important as you claim then look in a different direction, you could bring in Mourinho and the fans would turn after a few bad results.

I really shouldn''t be surprised at anything our Board do any more but I really would be astonished if Malky has already been lined up to be the next manager because:

A) Word would have got to Neil Adams and they wouldn''t want to undermine his efforts for the three biggest games for a decade

B) I could be persuaded that Malky would be a good manager for us in the Championship but if by some miracle we retain our Premiership status I would be hugely underwhelmed at his appointment. No disrespect to Malky but surely we would set our sights higher than that!

Being a football manager is such a temporary job these days, I would be surprised at any manager buying his own house, what happened to the house at Cringleford that was supposed to have been bought by Chris Hughton just before we sacked him?.

Oi Delia!

Dont you dare bring Malky back to the club, the swift return of uber boring defensive football would be the result of his appointment.[:(]

Surely even our well meaning but naive board realised that when the crowd turned against Hughton it wasn''t just losing, it was the way we were losing.

The new man doesn''t have to be a crowd favourite necessarily, such as Malky, but he will have to return the club style to the attractive, attacking nature that is the main criteria for the average NCFC supporter.

And I maintain that there are people who meet that criteria like Hoddle for instance who would walk to Norwich for a chance to work again.

Nothing has changed since Hughton got the bullet yet the crowd are jubilantly accepting being 2-0 down in ten minutes now, simply because Adams isn''t Hughton.

2-0 down in 10 minutes, no subs until after 70+ minutes (WHERE IS THE PLAN B?), like-for-like changes when they are made, our most creative player nowhere to be seen, redmond on the left/snodgrass on the right, standing off and allowing shots from distance, midfielders not tracking runners.....the boo-boys are now happy-clapping to an unprecedented level.....

As for Mackay, much loved if somewhat overrated club hero as a player, wouldn''t be a particularly inspirational appointment but he still isn''t Hughton, that''s clearly a plus.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Bury Yellow wrote: I just hope this is wrong. Malky was a great player for us but if we do replace Adams I don''t want an ex player. If this is the boards thinking than it has the hands of our majority shareholders on the recruitment tiller and do I not like that!! Bowkett and McNally have both said they''re the best owners in the business but what do they know? Huh? [:^)] Well I could say ''they would say that wouldn''t they''? but I won''t. I appreciate they are great supporters of our club but I much prefer it when they let Bowkett and McNally run the show. This they obviously did but not sure now. Just my opinion. We are all supporters and allowed our points of view. Personally I think we''re doomed I tell yer doomed :-([/quote]

I don''t get this. When things are going well Bowkett and McNally are running the show. When the poo hits the fan Delia and Michael are. I know it''s just your opinion, but........

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Bury Yellow wrote: I just hope this is wrong. Malky was a great player for us but if we do replace Adams I don''t want an ex player. If this is the boards thinking than it has the hands of our majority shareholders on the recruitment tiller and do I not like that!! Bowkett and McNally have both said they''re the best owners in the business but what do they know? Huh? [:^)] Well I could say ''they would say that wouldn''t they''? but I won''t. I appreciate they are great supporters of our club but I much prefer it when they let Bowkett and McNally run the show. This they obviously did but not sure now. Just my opinion. We are all supporters and allowed our points of view. Personally I think we''re doomed I tell yer doomed :-([/quote]

I don''t get this. When things are going well Bowkett and McNally are running the show. When the poo hits the fan Delia and Michael are. I know it''s just your opinion, but........[/quote]

Aint that the truth Herman?

Correct Tilly - she is a Norfolk girl, from the parish of Brooke possibly.

And why would he be looking for a house - I believe he still has one from earlier days - in Brooke, where the in laws happen to reside too, possibly!

We switched from a diamond to 4-5-1 against Liverpool Paul. Rogers mentioned that it was a good tactical switch which caused them problems.

Just because you didn''t spot it and wrote "no plan B" in capitals doesn''t mean it didn''t happen.

Congratulations on spectacularly missing the point....

The reference to "Plan B" was an inference to what the response from the support would have been had Hughton not made a substitution until 70mins+ when we were losing.

Or do you disagree?