Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

Who wants Hull to win?

I never want us to lose. I can understand that we will lose games and I try and put that into perspective but even when I''m doing Super 6 I find it hard to put a negative score in our game.

Similarly I don''t understand those players who delight in scoring against the club they support, I know its their job but to me it would be terrible. A Newcastle fan once told me (I''m not sure if its true but he was sincere) that Chris Waddle never played in derby games when he was at Newcastle or Sunderland maybe for the same reasons.

what really worries me is win sat ( great ) then go on another 8 games without a win like we are on now that would see us go down !

The other possibility that people who want us to lose aren''t thinking about, is that we could win and Hughton will still be sacked.

I think he''s done for - it''s just a question of when. The board are a pragmatic lot and won''t want to sack just before a game. Or at least will want a window in which to do it. And it just so happens there''s ten days between Hull and Newcastle.

I think he ma well be gone after Hull, win, lose or draw. Meantime, let''s concentrate on getting the win, not wishing a defeat.

[quote user="a1canary"]

There is only one thing this club needs right now. One, very simple thing. And that is, to WIN a game of football. That means the entire club, players staff and fans focussing only on that objective. Yes that is what Hughton said and in this case he''s right. There''s all sorts of sh(t flying around and distractions, none of which help. If you''re an outer it ought to be a win win situation for you because if we win, we move well up the table and level on points with Hull, if we lose Hughton is gone. Unless of course you don''t want another 3 points and to move up the table. Every win from here on in is going to be absolutely critical and 3 prescious points. The chances of 3 points being the difference between survival and relegation this season are VERY VERY HIGH. Anyone who wants us to loose on Saturday is wishing this situation upon us and needs to wake the f**k up.

And incidentally, the OP attemping to congratulate and thank people for saying they would rather we loose is utterly ridiculous.

"May I thank you and congratulate you for agreeing with me" Hilarious! It''s just an opinion - you don''t get congratulated for having an opinion one way or the other.

[/quote]

No Mr a1, I congratulated norfolkngood for having the balls to say what he did, I didn''t say I agreed with it.

[quote user="a1canary"]

The other possibility that people who want us to lose aren''t thinking about, is that we could win and Hughton will still be sacked.

I think he''s done for - it''s just a question of when. The board are a pragmatic lot and won''t want to sack just before a game. Or at least will want a window in which to do it. And it just so happens there''s ten days between Hull and Newcastle.

I think he ma well be gone after Hull, win, lose or draw. Meantime, let''s concentrate on getting the win, not wishing a defeat.

[/quote]
100million% my sentiments exactly.

a1canary wrote:

that would be the best outcome agreeded !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

what really worries me is win sat ( great ) then go on another 8 games without a win like we are on now that would see us go down !

[/quote]

The big problem with the whole In/Out debate is that we have no way of seeing the future. We can speculate that under Hughton''s continued stewardship that we will continue losing winnable games, but it is also possible that a win on Saturday will be the start of a 10 game unbeaten run! It will be really easy at the end of the season, with Hughton still in charge and us relegated, to say ''well we should have sacked him after the Hull game'' (or whenever) but in actuality, no-one really knows what the best course of action is going to be. We all have our gut instinct based on the facts, rumours and hearsay but at the end of the day the scenarios we wish for are only the ones we feel would be best for the club and are in no way guaranteed to lead to a better outcome.  Remember, there are an infinite number of paths to choose from but only one can be chosen. What are the chances of it being the right one?!!

[quote user="mbncfc1"]What happens if we draw?[/quote]

no win in 9 games that as we all know is not good enough OUT ! but like some others have said if we win and he gets the boot then we can all be happy !

[quote user="a1canary"]

[/quote]

This!!!

I think Hughton will be gone regardless... however we MUST support the players, make as much noise as possible and get the win!

I just want the three points. There have been far too many managerial changes that didn''t work in our favour vs those that did for me to feel comfortable going down that route. At least Hughton has proven that he can keep us in the Premier League.

I will never ever understand a Norwich City "supporter" wanting their team to lose........true and loyal supporters just dont do that! HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!!! 

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

If only to remove Hughton.

I could never wish City to lose but I could understand some supporters who are hoping we''ll lose just to cure the disease we are suffering from at the moment.

Anyone brave enough to own up?

[/quote]

Sorry but a bit of an immature point of view, If you support a club losing is the last thing you wish for, I want to see improvements as much as the next guy but not wanting the manager sacked Yes I want him to sort the results out, and in all honesty its to late to sack him,

I have had enough of Hughton and I want him gone, BUT, there is NO WAY I want us to lose on Saturday. I never want us to lose.  What makes any of you think that a new manager is suddenly going to be the answer to our trials and tribulations anyway.  I don''t see a ready made Messiah on the horizon.

It feels like we need to win sat, fail to and I don''t think a change of manager will make much difference. I also cannot ever fathom wanting us to lose any game, whether for the perceived greater good or not.

I don''t think a win necessarily means Hughton is safe either.

ideal outcome would be to play terribly but somehow get a lucky win,so three points and hopefully goodbye Mr Hughton

Forget Hughton , we need 3 points otherwise our Premiership place is seriously under threat and that is much more important .

I can see the logic in wanting Hughton out (I badly want him out) so therefore losing to Hull however, come 15:12 on Saturday afternoon, if RVW or anyone else for that matter sticks one in.... I''l be delighted.

Before a game you may think you want a loss but when its actually game time, I''m sure we will all want three points.

No, and hopefully I never will. What I want is for us to go out and beat Hull in style. I want Hughton to be a success. My faith in this happening is diminishing by the second but we live in hope.

Thing is what really is in City''s best interestsBeat Hull , Hughton stays - Relegation Lose - New man in - we stay upIf that was the straight choice then wanting a City win at the weekend would be foolish.Oh for one of those crystal balls eh .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Thing is what really is in City''s best interestsBeat Hull , Hughton stays - Relegation Lose - New man in - we stay upIf that was the straight choice then wanting a City win at the weekend would be foolish.Oh for one of those crystal balls eh .[/quote]Looks like you already have a crystal ball[Y]

Whatever the result tomorrow and the outcome in May, I want a change in management so we don''t have to sit thru a 3rd year of dull football and dullard''s comments about how lucky we are to br in the show.

If we lose to Hull, he has to go now. If we beat them and the board keeps him around, he has to go in the off-season.

Where''s Wiz when you need him?

So, a question for Houston Canary and others with a similar view........ just suppose we win today and then as our injured players come back, maybe we sign another quality addition for the squad, we start to play better again (because if you remember there were clear signs of improvement not that long ago when we had Tettey,Fer & Howson together particularly) and gain more points, pull of a decent win against one of the bigger sides and end up in, let''s say, 12th position seven points above the relegation zone with the way we have played clearly having evolved for the better. Would you still want the Manager sacked? Would he have failed? (agree this is stretching it a bit, but this league is like that isnt it)

Absolutely no way would I ever want us to lose. We need five more wins this season and this is one of the games we should be highlighting