Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

Who wants Hull to win?

Personally I would find it hard to want City to lose any game for any reason.

This season the points margins from 10th downwards are incredibly tight.  3 points come the end of the season could make a huge difference.

The evidence is that changing a manager often has a marginal impact.  Managers are normally sacked when a club is on a bad run, and typically a club on a bad run sees its results improve, whether or not there is a change of manager.

So for me getting 3 points on Saturday is much more important than what happens to the manager.

Those who think Hughton is a disaster and it would be worth sacrificing 3 points to get rid of him are entitled to their view, but I disagree.

splutcho wrote the following post at 17/01/2014 11:46 AM:

To stop this going round in circles, if you find yourself willing Hull to win tomorrow, you''re not a Norwich fan, you''re a phallus.

Well said sir, and so nicely expressed!

Can''t quite believe that anyone would want us to lose such an important match.  If there are any who are harbouring such thoughts - you really are the utter dregs of football fans.   I don''t subscribe to the "you''re entitled to your opinion" on this one.  The gutter. That''s where you belong. 

[quote user="Long drives home"]Who is to say that a win saturday followed by another run of bad results may not end in failure. Where as a loss saturday followed by a new manager may lead to a 10 game unbeaten run or similar. Its a matter of opinion.

[/quote]I''d use the word "chance" rather than opinion because no matter how vehemently one subscribes to the theory that anyone must be better than Hughton it''s ultimately almost always nothing more than pot luck how things turn out.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Can''t quite believe that anyone would want us to lose such an important match.  If there are any who are harbouring such thoughts - you really are the utter dregs of football fans.   I don''t subscribe to the "you''re entitled to your opinion" on this one.  The gutter. That''s where you belong. 

[/quote]What gives you the right to decide who is a better fan than who and judge peoples opinions.  You are a first rate **** I have seen your endless drivel defending the un-defensible on here! Have a look at the polls and that will give you a true reflection of what fans think. You are one of the 15% clearly incapable of seeing what is right before your eyes. Watch the matches and listen to the manager speak after games and I fail to see how you can wish for anything but his removal!

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="lake district canary"]Can''t quite believe that anyone would want us to lose such an important match.  If there are any who are harbouring such thoughts - you really are the utter dregs of football fans.   I don''t subscribe to the "you''re entitled to your opinion" on this one.  The gutter. That''s where you belong.  [/quote]What gives you the right to decide who is a better fan than who and judge peoples opinions.  You are a first rate **** I have seen your endless drivel defending the un-defensible on here! Have a look at the polls and that will give you a true reflection of what fans think. You are one of the 15% clearly incapable of seeing what is right before your eyes. Watch the matches and listen to the manager speak after games and I fail to see how you can wish for anything but his removal![/quote]

Its my opinion that this is the most important game of the season for us.  Gutter. That''s where they belong.  I might spout first rate drivel and I get first rate c*cks like you answering me, but in this case I am right.  No self respecting NCFC fan should be wanting us lose any match. It beggars belief.  Gutter.

It is a win win game.... Firstly I want us to get 3 points. We don''t I expect a change in the management structure...

Mike wrote the following post at 17/01/2014 12:54 PM:

It is a win win game.... Firstly I want us to get 3 points. We don''t I expect a change in the management structure...

If you put £10 on the draw Mike you will be going home happy mate.

Win win win!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]You''re hypocrisy makes you the dick.[/quote]Actually there was a pinkun poll, and 85% of people agree with me.....

sometimes you have to lose a fight to win a war !

but I think how SOME of us think if we had a choice of .........

A ,a loss  hughton sacked and we stay up with new manager and progress

B , a loss hughton sacked and no progress and go down with new manger

C a win hughton keeps his job then we go down

D we win hughton keeps his job then keeps us up and stays for next season 

now nobody can be sure about any of this as what happens will happen nobody knows for sure but if it was as black and whire as these examples I would go for A  

nobody can see into the future of course and there are many more ways it could go but interested what people would do with these 4 EXAMPLES ONLY !

anyone care to answer this ?

[quote user="Mike "]It is a win win game.... Firstly I want us to get 3 points. We don''t I expect a change in the management structure...[/quote]That''s the best way of expressing the scenario I''ve read yet.

Only an absolute idiot would ever want the team they profess to support to loose a vital premier league game with what is at stake for the club. Even if we only get 1 point from the Hull Game that might be the point that keeps us up, no matter who ends up being the manager at the end of the season. The relegation battle is going to be very close this season and any points are absolutely vital. This is an utterly ridiculous suggestion and anybody who is stupid enough to want their team to loose on saturday should get a ticket in the away end because they are clearly not Norwich City supporters.

We really do have some myopic, dense fans who can''t see the big picture.

As for more or lessty, your hypocrisy coupled with ignorance was nicely displayed when you ignored the point and responded with vitriol. You''re about the last of the 85% to get it.

Sorry - there is no big picture. Norwich fans want norwich to win. That is all that matters.

You simply cannot see into the future to know how the season will turn out.

How will those of you happy to lose tomorrow feel if it leads to CH removal (the only,thing some of you seem to care about) then we replace him with another manager, and we end up being relegated by those very 3 (or 2, or 1) points

I am not a Hughton inner or outer. I think he could have no complaints if he were to be sacked following our run of results. I am equally worried about the impact of a mid-season change (it isn''t a magic wand really is it?). So I am going to trust the board, and especially McNally, to make the right call at the right time.

But every point is crucial in this league. To suggest that it somehow is in Our best interests to lose a match seems to me to be madness. ...

What if people believe that we are likely to get to the points required by removing him sooner rather than later. Another 2 winnable home games will be gone very soon.

We should easily trounce Hull tomorrow......they could only beat us at their gaff a paltry 1-0.....after they luckily went down to 10 men after about 25 first half minutes.... [:|]

And we''ll be on equal points with them when we do give ''em a trouncing! They''ve only just got that geezer from Everton and that Long bloke and they both ain''t any good!

Ricky Vantastic an'' Sooper Hooper are worth ten o'' them two! A brace each from our two, Stevie Bruce you''re gonna take a helluva beating!

OTBC!

Only a mindless traitor would ever wish their own club to lose especially in the context of 3 points being so important as they are. Would people seriously wish relegation to get rid of an individual if so then they are so deluded they need help

Exactly, Madison.

By the way, everyone who responded recently, I never said I want us to lose. A win would be great. Hopefully but not likely based on hoe things go with us lately, it won''t be followed by weeks of Fulham-esau performances.

norfolkngood posed the question, what would you choose?

A ,a loss hughton sacked and we stay up with new manager and progress

B , a loss hughton sacked and no progress and go down with new manger

C a win hughton keeps his job then we go down

D we win hughton keeps his job then keeps us up and stays for next season

now nobody can be sure about any of this as what happens will happen nobody knows for sure but if it was as black and whire as these examples I would go for A

nobody can see into the future of course and there are many more ways it could go but interested what people would do with these 4 EXAMPLES ONLY !

If you added ''and progresses'' to option D I think you may even sway some of the outers.

I would love to see a period of stability at this club a la Stoke, Charlton and Everton (prior to this season.)

Not that I wouldn''t want to do an Everton but I think you know what I mean.

And yes I do know where Charlton are but you get the gist.

Not happy with Hughton but understand that we''re in a mega hard League and we''ve still got a bottom half squad whether people admit it or not!

Lose today and staying up will become even harder!

So no I don''t want us to lose today!

If you want hull to win go sit with the away fans! your no norwich fan and frankly I don''t like the idea of anyone stood around me wanting the team to loose.