Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Fabrice Muamba?

If it was funny, it might have worked. But it just made me wince.

I found it funny Chops! Carry on!But I am offended at the people being offended on behalf of Muamba being offended. I think.[:^)]

Christ, there are some utter drama queens on this board. Any excuse to try and assume the moral high ground eh?

Without opening the thread, just reading the title and seeing who it was from, I knew exactly what it was referring to.

Some people find it offensive, some take it for the way it was meant to be.

Chops put in writing, a joke that people would normally just keep in their inner circle.

I pass on some jokes, to some of my friends, that others may consider edgy or even wince at, be it about celebrities/death/etc. I just chose who to tell them and when. Chops went a step further that''s all.

Muamba has made a light hearted (no pun intended) reference to it. I would wager that he (Muamba) would have a laugh at this, as opposed to throw a wobbly at Chops

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]I wonder what the youngsters on here would have made of Bernard Manning?[/quote]With Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr''s ability to shock, they''d probably find him pretty tame.

Jimmy Carr''s ability to shock? Funniest thing on this thread so far..

Sadly Chopsy so many people today thrive on being offended on behalf of someone else.

To those of you so deeply offended may I suggest you look at the title, the person posting it and the context of the thread, read it again aaaaaand stand down of that moral high ground!

Yeah a little bit in bad taste but don''t think mr chops meant any harm by this?

I''ve seen a lot worse on here let''s put it that way!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I''m thinking the OP would get on very, very, very well with our very own ''Duncan Edwards''[;)]

[/quote]

What''s Duncan done now ''Slim[:^)]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Without opening the thread, just reading the title and seeing who it was from, I knew exactly what it was referring to.

Some people find it offensive, some take it for the way it was meant to be.

Chops put in writing, a joke that people would normally just keep in their inner circle.

I pass on some jokes, to some of my friends, that others may consider edgy or even wince at, be it about celebrities/death/etc. I just chose who to tell them and when. Chops went a step further that''s all.

Muamba has made a light hearted (no pun intended) reference to it. I would wager that he (Muamba) would have a laugh at this, as opposed to throw a wobbly at Chops

[/quote]For gawd''s sake, don''t bring the ''inner circle'' into this too! [:O]

I don''t know which is the better joke, the original post - or the reactions to it.    Dark humour can be a little close to the mark, but the responses on this thread are laughable too.  Simply an antithesis of the "Joey Barton" "Marlon King" threads which were much more offensive than this one. 

Give the op a break, you can''t win them all - oh, I forgot we''re Norwich supporters, we''re supposed to win 4-0 every week........

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I''m thinking the OP would get on very, very, very well with our very own ''Duncan Edwards''[;)]

[/quote]

What''s Duncan done now ''Slim[:^)]

[/quote]

Dunno?  Best ask his Dad.........[:)]

The worst thing about this thread are all the pathetic, holier than thou, "Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells" reactions to it. Get a grip.

[quote user="I.S."]Jimmy Carr''s ability to shock? Funniest thing on this thread so far..[/quote]Have you ever seen him live? I''d quote one of his opening jokes, but I''d guarantee I''d get insta-banned in the process.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="I.S."]Jimmy Carr''s ability to shock? Funniest thing on this thread so far..[/quote]Have you ever seen him live? I''d quote one of his opening jokes, but I''d guarantee I''d get insta-banned in the process. [/quote]How dare you use such a phrase in a thread about Fabrice Muamba! I''m so outraged.I''ve never in my life been so... hold on. Why are we offended again?

What enables comedians like Jimmy Carr and Frnakie Boyle to get away with jokes in outrageous taste is the humour.

What trolling wannabes like the OP forget is that there are two parts to the work of these professionals. They get the first, the outrage, pushing boundaries and "poor taste". That''s the easy bit.

What the wannabes like the OP forget and what makesthem trolls and not top comedians is the joke. The OP''s main offence is not being remotely funny.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]What enables comedians like Jimmy Carr and Frnakie Boyle to get away with jokes in outrageous taste is the humour.

What trolling wannabes like the OP forget is that there are two parts to the work of these professionals. They get the first, the outrage, pushing boundaries and "poor taste". That''s the easy bit.

What the wannabes like the OP forget and what makesthem trolls and not top comedians is the joke. The OP''s main offence is not being remotely funny.[/quote]

I have never ever laughed at one of Jimmy Carr''s "jokes", yet I frequently laugh at Chops posts, who at least posts things relevant to Norwich and this message board.    Jimmy Carr is a fake like a lot of modern comedians - unoriginal, unfunny and all face with no substance. 

I didn''t laugh at this thread, but no comedian gets it right all the time.  

No-one is perfect.

when i first saw the thread i thought someone seriously wanted to try and tempt fabrice muamba out of retirement, some of the suggestions on here have been just as bizaare! but then i saw it was chops and to be honest i have no problem with dark humour but i was disappointed that it wasn''t up to his normal funny standard, however the holier than thou responses have more than made up for it, hilarious [:D]  

Get a life peoples,

If you dont get it just jog on & continue posting about random players who we probably didn''t want here years ago when they were fit and we were in a lower league.

Chops is not the Messiah, he''s just a very naughty boy.

[quote user="Number 9"]Get a life peoples, If you dont get it just jog on & continue posting about random players who we probably didn''t want here years ago when they were fit and we were in a lower league. Chops is not the Messiah, he''s just a very naughty boy.[/quote]

I think its incredible that people can make a living at mocking the afflicted and get people to laugh at their bad taste of humour, I myself have suffered the same heart problem as Fabrice and have a surgical implant to keep me going, I also have 3 Grandsons all with life threatening illness''s, comedian''s like this make me sick and I can only say that I really hope someone in his family end up like the people he Mocks

Laughter is the best medicine. Or something like that. I have met people with a wide variety of illnesses that like a good laugh at their own expense and by keeping their sense of humour they''re not letting it beat them. My family is riddled with Alzheimers, yet it''s not a massive taboo if someone dare cracks a joke about it. Or is it? I can''t remember...

Spend 5 days in Cardiac Care, then see if its funny![:(]

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Number 9"]Get a life peoples, If you dont get it just jog on & continue posting about random players who we probably didn''t want here years ago when they were fit and we were in a lower league. Chops is not the Messiah, he''s just a very naughty boy.[/quote]

I think its incredible that people can make a living at mocking the afflicted and get people to laugh at their bad taste of humour, I myself have suffered the same heart problem as Fabrice and have a surgical implant to keep me going, I also have 3 Grandsons all with life threatening illness''s, comedian''s like this make me sick and I can only say that I really hope someone in his family end up like the people he Mocks

[/quote]The only people this thread is "mocking" are those who start thread after thread regarding players we''ll never sign, or who would never sign for us.I have not "mocked" Fabrice Muamba.  While I''m sorry that you suffer from the same heart problem as him, I''m more sorry that you - and may other posters on this thread - lack the necessary intelligence to see this.I''ll pass your best wishes on to my family.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20398943"Maybe in two years, if I go for a check-up and my heart rhythm comes

back to normality, we''ll see if anyone wants to take me on," said the

24-year-old.

So, hang on a minute number 9, you criticise in one breath, then in the next wish that someone in the comedian''s family gets a life threatening illness to somehow teach him a lesson?

Really?

This thread is the perfect example of how there is a large group in society that actually sit waiting, wanting to be offended by things, just so they can make a huge fuss. Whether its insecurities on their part, or a desperate need to court attention at any cost, I have no idea.

Nobody died here or got pregnant, seriously, move on with your miserable lives.

I''ve read and re-read the OP and I honestly can''t see what people are offended by.

If FM had not been with us anymore then that would be a different matter but thankfully he is still with us.

You people are offended but are not sure why that is how stupid political correctness has become.

Is it ''coz he is black?

Would it have been funny if it was an Ipswich player?

Paul Lambert?

My only complaint is that it was not up to Chops'' normal high standard, but I get the point he was making.

[quote user="morty"]

So, hang on a minute number 9, you criticise in one breath, then in the next wish that someone in the comedian''s family gets a life threatening illness to somehow teach him a lesson?

Really?

This thread is the perfect example of how there is a large group in society that actually sit waiting, wanting to be offended by things, just so they can make a huge fuss. Whether its insecurities on their part, or a desperate need to court attention at any cost, I have no idea.

[/quote]THIS!

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="morty"]

Really?

[/quote]THIS![/quote]Except I think you meant pete_norw, not Number 9.