Sign in to follow this  
super canary

QPR,,,,,,

Everybody says Hoillet but he has been pants this year, and has been relegated two seasons in a row.

He is also said to be on £50k per week. So that''s a no for me.

I don''t think I want any of them. Andros Townsend perhaps, but he''s a Spurs player!

I don''t think Zamora is a bad player, but we don''t really need another in that mould as we have Becchio and Holt, and I suspect Hooper is the final piece of the jigsaw up there.

Sorry but I''d be much more interested in seeing who would steal from Reading or Wigan (should either or both go down).

* I mean, this will be Hoillet''s second relegation in two years.

Mackie is a good player, but don''t think he should be top of our list of priorities. He''s a striker or right midfielder.

We have Bennett and Snodgrass on the right, and if we sign Kamara and Hooper then there''s no room at the Inn for Mackie.

Taarabt will go for big money, probably Ajax or PSV or somewhere.

Don''t write QPR off yet they beat Liverpool, Arsenal, Swansea, Spurs and Stoke in their final 5 home games last season when many of us wrote them off on similar grounds.

Even if they won five games, they would still need to find at least 5 more points to stay up (likely).

They have 17 points and 11 games left to play. Not looking likely.

Never underestimate a team''s willingness to survive. The old cliche goes that until mathematically possible anyone can survive, and as we''ve learnt over the years no team has the divine right to stay in this league by name basis.

I would not take Taarabt

Lazy, selfish and overrated player.

If he put in half the effort that Snodgrass does he''d be a world beater.

[quote user="AJ"]I would not take Taarabt

If he put in half the effort that Snodgrass does he''d be a world beater.[/quote]Anyone watch MOTD tonight ? Thier criticism of Tarabat was spot on. He is lazy and wants to take the glory, he would not fit inot our team or system.Honestly dont think there is anyone on QPR''s books that I would want !

Nothing wrong with Ruddy of course, but if wasn''t for Cesar they would be even further away from the relegation zone. Top, top goalkeeper who I''d love us to have but he''d be on massive wages obviously and we wouldn''t need to strengthen that position in the summer unless someone leaves. We wouldn''t be in the position to sign any of their cast offs, I doubt.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Never underestimate a team''s willingness to survive. The old cliche goes that until mathematically possible anyone can survive, and as we''ve learnt over the years no team has the divine right to stay in this league by name basis.[/quote]

With ManU''s last win, we are mathematically eliminated from winning the title.

Lazy and arrogant or not, I would still take Taarabt, if he would cut his wage ^^

offensive middlefielders are what we are lacking at the moment, if Butterfield wont come back to prove that he was worth of those praises previous season.

Same with Hoilett, He is young and decent player and as Surman isnt getting time nor isnt fit anymore, we lack another left winger, but he needs to cut his wages too ^^

Last I would take before of these two Esteban Granero. Underrated allround middlefielder that can be slotted almost anywhere on the pitch and has great quality of passes and good shot.

But back to reality these players are out of our funds because they wont cut their wages so +1 to morty

The best QPR player on the park today was Andros Townsend (just as he was the best QPR player on the park against us).

I''d take him other either of Hoilett or Taarabt, both of whom are prima-donna''s and completely against the grain in terms of the team spirit that we have.

The last thing that we need is somebody like Taarabt, would fit in much better at Chelsea where he become best friends with Ashley Cole and John Terry.

[quote user="AJ"]I would not take Taarabt Lazy, selfish and overrated player. If he put in half the effort that Snodgrass does he''d be a world beater.[/quote]

I second that and wouldnt want anyone else either

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="AJ"]I would not take Taarabt

If he put in half the effort that Snodgrass does he''d be a world beater.[/quote]Anyone watch MOTD tonight ? Thier criticism of Tarabat was spot on. He is lazy and wants to take the glory, he would not fit inot our team or system.Honestly dont think there is anyone on QPR''s books that I would want ![/quote]

Yes, a rare piece of decent analysis on MOTD as regards Tarabat-showed him up for what he is, has all the touches and control but doesn''t want to put a shift in. As playmakers go, he isn''t even in Ian Crook''s shadow. Snodgrass is what a "clever" midfield player should be-he has all the touches and the technique as well, yet he works as hard as anyone in the squad-he has, and continues to be, a major player for us this season and will certainly be in the top 3 as regards POTS.

Hughton is the type of manager who would get Onuoha playing well again so I''d take him. And, with Camp unlikely to stay beyond the Summer and Bunn possibly not wanting to do as well as he has at this level just to be a no.2 behind Ruddy again next season-so he might want away for that reason-would take Green back as experienced cover for Ruddy.

Harry talks the talk but QPR will turn out to be another Porstmouth. The need another 20 points from the last 11 games 6 wins and 2 draws . Thart means they can only lose 2, they will be fortunate to get 25 points let alone 37

Not that i place a great deal of sway on Shearer''s tactical analysis, but looking closely at Taarabt''s play on MotD shows how little he actually affects a game. Which is surprising initially until of course you realise he cant be doing much given where they are.

He doesn''t get in decent positions, he plays for himself, just looking for a chance for himself to get a wonder goal. He gets two or three a season, which buys him his place and hoodwinks a few in to thinking they want him in their team.

Poor man''s Wes. No thanks.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Harry talks the talk but QPR will turn out to be another Porstmouth. The need another 20 points from the last 11 games 6 wins and 2 draws . Thart means they can only lose 2, they will be fortunate to get 25 points let alone 37[/quote]

Maths isnt your strongpoint then

Bunn is playing well and I''d keep him over Green any day of the week thanks. Townsend is decent, but still a Spurs player right?? Maybe Remy, but probably cost a bomb. Onouha was great for Sunderland, but on big wages too apparently and we have 2 really good right-backs.

Mackie is decent, but we were obviously aiming higher than him in Jan so hopefully still aim higher in summer.

Cesar is class, but can''t really kick and cannot command his area at all. Ruddy is the man and once he gets back and on form there''s not many I''d take over him.

QPR are finished imo - I''ve been saying it most of the season and now I''m surer than ever. They have 17pts. Let''s say they need just 36pts to survive, that''s still another 19pts from 11 games.

6 wins and 1 draw (4 losses) or maybe 5 wins and 4 draws (just 2 losses) is a hell of an ask for any team in the bottom half. They''d have to go from averaging about 0.6pts per game to about 1.7pts per game. I can''t see them winning half of their games even if they escaped last season from a poor position. They have haven''t shown any real resurgence under Harry. They''ve drawn some games and won 1 game against Chelski, but they still only have 2 wins from the whole season and simply draws aren''t enough.. I just can''t see it. Maybe he''ll pull a rabbit (or ten) out of the hat, but I don''t believe it deep down.

Hopefully the others around the bottom get cut away too. It looks like Wigan, Villa and Reading are fighting it out for that 17th position at the moment, but anything could happen with them. They''ve all shown the possibility of winning against the odds and pulling out random results. I''m looking forward to the Newcastle v Southampton game today to see what happens there..

I''m surprised no ones mentioned Harry himself.

I''m happy with Hughton, just surprised no one has mentioned him on this thread.

[quote user="Number 9"]I''m surprised no ones mentioned Harry himself. I''m happy with Hughton, just surprised no one has mentioned him on this thread.[/quote]

Anyone with any sense would not want arry anywhere near their club unless the next thing they want is bankruptcy