Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Since you mentioned it, the Portuguese league is basically the Beazer Homes League with two League One teams in it (Lisbon and Benfica) and a League Two team (Porto).  It makes the MLS look like, er, the Championship.

My dreams are as follows... McNally and the gaffer have identified Winky as another potential option. They screw the Hooper idea until the summer and take a big money gamble on Winky. Then in the summer if we stay up we can then make a better timed approach for Hooper :D

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Stig, the only striker who has been proven in the prem is D. Graham. Every single other striker linked to us has zero prem experience, the argument is that Hooper and Winky have European experience. Also to note that Winky has dutch and portugal experience alongside a better European record. Hence why he would IMO be better than Hooper. His ability to hold up play is also brilliant and good in the air. Something that Hooper is not, he is all about in and around the box poaching goalscoring opportunities where other strikers fail to convert.[/quote]

Think you might have swallowed one hook line and sinker.....

His agent had admitted to great interest from England and Newcastle being one of those teams who also wanted him in summer as well as De Jong. They will probably be able to outbid us or at the very least offer much higher wages. His agent said this..Asked about the Toon, Laros added: "I know they are interested. I spoke with them in the summer, when they tried to buy Luuk de Jong, who is also our player. They''re not in a good position in the league but it is a good club."We''re not in a much better position and admittedly not as big a club. Spurs, Liverpool and others are linkedIf we are to act, we must ACT NOW! We cannot fanny about wasting time, just BANG straight in their with cold hard cash and get a march on these other b*tches like Newcastle. That''s the truth right there

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Since you mentioned it, the Portuguese league is basically the Beazer Homes League with two League One teams in it (Lisbon and Benfica) and a League Two team (Porto).  It makes the MLS look like, er, the Championship.

[/quote]
Ain''t no league making any other league look like none other league, ''specially THAT league. MMMMMMhm? 

His contract runs until 2016 and although they are in financial trouble it''s rumoured they want around 10 million big ones... I don''t think Newcastle have that after their recent signings and I doubt we''d part with that all in one go (if we even had it), but maybe they''ll go lower..no, no, noooooo stop it.. don''t get excited...forget this ever happened. Go to sleep zzzz

When he was in Utrecht he was absolute class compared to how good players were around him.

Havent seen him play in Lisbon, but at least stats show he is succeeding there more or less and quality of portuguese super liga is quite high.

Still very doubtful for this as Liverpool and Newcastle were also linked to him.

Oh yeah and while we are scouting Sporting we could take that their young defensive middlefielder who they are loaning for Deportivo.

Andre Santos. Saw him play in U-21 of portugal and he has some horsekick, can pass and can tackle, could solve our middlefield depth issues ^^

If I remember right he was rated around 2 millions last summer and only 23 years old.

For some reason he has flopped in Depo, but so has all the other players, so we could get him cheap. Just a tip :D

I soddingwell hope sky I on the money with this one. I think he would be a great signing for us.

And why wouldn''t he come to us? He''s 23 - at the age to make a step up to one of the top leagues in Europe. If he shines for us we have a goalscorer and he will attract the bigger clubs.

He could easily be worth double the money this time next season if he bangs in the goals.

Far better risk than Hooper in my opinion.

Cannot dare to believe this one, would be too gutted if it were rubbish. This player would esily be our greatest signing of all time imo...

Great player, but this seems exactly like the Biglia rumour in the summer (who i see is not a target for arsenal again) A player who will more than likely cost 10 million plus is certainly not coming to Norwich. Don''t get your hopes up.

[quote user="Hog"]Cannot dare to believe this one, would be too gutted if it were rubbish. This player would esily be our greatest signing of all time imo...[/quote]Completely agree. Don''t think we have ever been linked with a better player. I would applaud Hughton and McNally if this came off.

This is the guy tweeting about out offer;

João Ruela

@joao_ruela

Portuguese journalist at Diário de Notícias. Writing daily about FC Porto, Benfica, Braga and Sporting. Portuguese League, Premier League, La Liga, UEFA, stats.

Porto/Lisbon · http://www.dn.pt/desporto

anyone who thinks this is genuine is bat5h1t crazy

hes a future champions league quality player, and theres plenty of champions league teams that would be happy to have him

no chance

judging by all these supposed bids and transfer rumours norwich will be signing at least 7 new strikers with a combined fee of about 50 million, which probably means one thing, no ones coming in

Southampton got Ramirez, and look like getting Coutinho and they were in for Astori...

Why can''t we compete with them? It''s obvious we have a bit of dough for a new striker, so we can afford him, it''d be a great chance for him to prove himself in the premiership to get noticed again by Man U etc.

Ricky lad could give us some of the best newspaper headlines since Bly Bly Babes!

.....if only Archant were up to it these days

OTBC

WOW, if this is true and we landed him, what a coup for NCFC.

He would be a much better buy at the 8m region than Hooper.

RVW is a very good player and would be a very welcome addition to the team.  He seems to have reached a bit of a crossroads in his career.  As others have mentioned, he has been linked to big money moves in the last year or 2, but its not happened for him.  Are big clubs still interested or is just slightly short of the mark for them? 

Personally, I haven''t seen a great deal of RVW in the last year or so. 

I think its a lot tighter call between him and Hooper than some of you guys are making out.  I''d be well happy with either coming in, but can''t quite see this one happening and I think its probably a little bit of attention seeking...

If the boys of this board give their endorsement thats good enough for me !

With this guy in the team together with the pre-historic looking caveman Snodgrass we''ll no longer be called fortress Carrow Road - more  fortress "Transylvania" !   

Let''s not waste time talking about it - someone call Hughton !

Forget Hooper, Ricky van Wolfswinkel is class. pull this off and maybe add Curtis Davis and we would have done some fantastis business.

[quote user="Loopzilla"]Wolfswinkel? Apparently the dog''s b0ll0cks.[/quote]

Now Loopzilla. You have recently repeated my dog''s b.llocks and Phil Good Boyer lines on 2 different threads. Great minds thinking alike? In any case, probably best to read the rest of the thread before posting.

It''d be absolutely amazing but I think very unlikely, reminds me of when we were reportedly in for Miroslav Klose...

My sincere apologies dpit. I did read both threads through quickly late last night - but didn''t take notes before posting.

I won''t let it happen again - I''ll go sit on the naughty step and think about my behaviour. I hope there won''t be legal action?

;)

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]

Saw him play in Europa League last year and he look good. Has a great record at Lisbon but cost £6M!!!

Will be 24 shortly and has a scoring record of 1 in 2.

[/quote]

€5.4 m according to Wikipedia which is about £4.5m so not that expensive. He''s 6ft 1 inches tall.

I''d rather give him a go than Hooper TBH.