Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Let's laugh at Villa.

They appear to be in meltdown.

Te he he. A nice bit of revenge, but more importantly they are beginning to look increasingly likely to fill that last relegation spot and this is  a very good thing for NCFC. Very good thing.

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]I''ll behave.[/quote]Nope seriously it''s okay to laugh at Villa, the Wigan fans were doing the "Ole" during the game, I mean come on Wigan fans for heavens sakes, doing the Ole away from home to a big team like Aston Viler......

Strangely the smug, self-satisfied supporters of the "big club" Villa (AJ was the most frequent one I remember) seem to have disappeared since the start of the season, when they were previously keen to come on here and patronise us. So I''m sure it''s fine for us to post on some Villa forums.

Just had a look at a couple of forums, and they''re surprisingly calm. [:(]  Nowhere near as entertaining as WACCOE or TWTD. Most seem to blame Lerner or injuries, not PL. Bless.

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]PL and his merry men have now conceded 39 goals in the league altogether.

FUN FACT.[/quote]and.They''ve conceded the same number of goals during the last three games as they''ve managed to score all season.(Another fun fact).

[quote user="paul moy"]The League Cup will come back to haunt them. Wrong priority and it has distracted their players IMO.  [/quote]I''d have loved us to have beaten Villa and be facing Bradford over two legs for an appearance at Wembley.I can''t believe Villa have been that distracted.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]I can''t believe Villa have been that distracted.

[/quote]I don''t think it''s distraction in that sense, I think it more likely that PL fielded full strength squads for the Cocup matches in order to distract the Villa fans and board from their ignominious league performances. Two league and two cup games in the next fortnight for Villa should help Paul learn to prioritise better.

"As for who we''d get in, a short term fixer to try and keep us up.  Di Matteo maybe?  Or somebody like Roy Keane to give everybody a kick up the arse, as one thing Lambert clearly can''t do is motivate anybody."

Quote from Villa forum, now who is going to own up to that one?

[quote user="canarygirl"]"As for who we''d get in, a short term fixer to try and keep us up.  Di Matteo maybe?  Or somebody like Roy Keane to give everybody a kick up the arse, as one thing Lambert clearly can''t do is motivate anybody."

[/quote]

Surprising as his motivation was a key part of his success with us. Shows a different set of players react differently.

[quote user="canarygirl"]"As for who we''d get in, a short term fixer to try and keep us up.  Di Matteo maybe?  Or somebody like Roy Keane to give everybody a kick up the arse, as one thing Lambert clearly can''t do is motivate anybody."

[/quote]He''s got a small, young squad of questionable talent.Mind you, they are missing Bent, Dunne, Vlaar, N''Zogbia and Agbonlahor. Whether he''d play a fit Bent is another question :-PDion Dublin mentioned falling attendances on Final Score ;)

Their fans were leaving before 60 mins were up!

They are, generally, still saying it is 100% Lerners fault as to the mess they are in! Why bother having a manager at all then? PL has had 6 months to bring in players (with a similar budget, Benteke aside, to which he had here) and, according to the Villa fans, they have the worst squad in living memory.

He thought he could do at Villa what he did at Norwich, the only thing is that he already picked all the low hanging fruit when he was here last season.
The lower leagues aren''t full of Pilkingtons, Howsons and Johnsons there just isn''t enough talent to go to a different team and try and completley do it again.
I bet he thought when he went to Villa, all the players here would be throwing in transfer requests to go and join him. He is more likely to find that it will be his own players that will be heading for the exit, I would be shocked if Benteke is at Aston Villa next season, if the rules permitted it, I think he would be off this month.
He has a crisis on his hands and it is only going to get harder, the words: roost, home, chicken, come and to spring to mind.

I think they''ll survive, I really do. This experience will strengthen them if they can get through it which is a big if I know, but I just think they''ll be ok by May. That third relegation spot is going to be a lottery I think, could be any of a number of clubs

Link from WOTB:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/368044/Lambert-needs-backing-with-some-backbone

Interesting insights. You tend to forget the good times when somebody lets you down the way he did. It''s a real shame.

Who''s laughing now - just 4 points behind us - too much complacency on this board talking of Europe etc - still a lot to do in the second half of the seasonVilla