Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 21

Decided to tiptoe into the minefield that is the FA Cup and plump for Hull beating Leyton Orient. I mean - it''s not as if Orient are going to pull off a shock FA Cup win at a side gunning for promotion to the premiership are they? Oh hang on........

Good luck Wazzy!

Middlesbrough to beat Hastings United in the FA Cup

Good luck all PUP''s

Lazio to beat Cagliari.Home and second in the table against away and fourth from bottom.Unbeaten in an age against lost at least the last five.

Good luck this week Wazzy, I''m going to go with the FA Cup and what must be a banker:Man City to beat WatfordGood luck Wazzy and all you Pups.

Right, here we go...

Thanks for all the games you have put forward, I have looked at every single one of them. I just hope I''ve got the right 6!!!

Middlesborough v Hastings - Home Win   Mister Chops / Trent Canary / JB / GMF

Barcelona v Espanyol - Home Win   Til1010 / Ginger Pele / Mr Bump

Tottenham v Coventry City - Home Win   Vindo / gregt / Graham Humphrey

Lazio v Cagliari - Home Win   Nutty Nigel / Sports Desk Pete

AC Milan v Siena - Home Win   Mr Angry / Statto 28

Mansfield v Liverpool - Away Win   Norfolk CHance / First Wazzock

Greetings PUPs, our picks this week are:

MMMK - BRAGA -v- Moreirense HOME WIN

MM - TOTTENHAM -v- Coventry HOME WIN

Good Luck Waz and all our PUPs

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Right, here we go...

Thanks for all the games you have put forward, I have looked at every single one of them. I just hope I''ve got the right 6!!!

Middlesborough v Hastings - Home Win   Mister Chops / Trent Canary / JB / GMF

Barcelona v Espanyol - Home Win   Til1010 / Ginger Pele / Mr Bump

Tottenham v Coventry City - Home Win   Vindo / gregt / Graham Humphrey

Lazio v Cagliari - Home Win   Nutty Nigel / Sports Desk Pete

AC Milan v Siena - Home Win   Mr Angry / Statto 28

Mansfield v Liverpool - Away Win   Norfolk CHance / First Wazzock

[/quote]

Thank you Wazzy. You''ve found a great final six from some brilliant selections from our PUPs. We just need that little bit of luck that''s been missing then we will be celebrating on Sunday evening. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is £37.51. Here are the details : -

Bet Details

Date/Time

Stake

Return

Middlesbrough @ 1/6
Tottenham @ 1/5
Lazio @ 8/15
AC Milan @ 3/10
Liverpool @ 2/9
Barcelona @ 1/10
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00

04/01/2013 18:26:33

Total for this period

The games are evenly spread over the weekend. Middlesborough and Tottenham get us underway tomorrow at 3pm followed by Lazio at 7:45. Hopefully we will be undefeated going into Sunday when AC Milan kick off at 2pm followed by Liverpool at 4pm and Barcelona at 6pm. I think Wazzy has provided us with a very exciting weekend.

Very late sorry, no excuses, but tooth ache and an overdose of painkillers and I''ve completely lost track of everything.

Anyway, my nap is -

Middlesbrough vs Hastings - Home win

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck First Wazzock[:)][Y]

Apologies from me also, I''m gonna do something I never do and that is to go with our very own Norwich for an away win. Good luck to one and all.

This is a genuine question, and with no intention to stir it up, but why is it you raise money for a multi-million pound business as if it was a charity?

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]This is a genuine question, and with no intention to stir it up, but why is it you raise money for a multi-million pound business as if it was a charity?[/quote]Not wanting to speak for Nigel but the money goes to developing youth team prospects (as an additional though small revenue stream) and it''s a way to directly contribute to our most promising young players as they come through the academy.  It''s a cause which we can all agree on and get behind.

Looking good after 3 results, although Lazio only won with a penalty after Cagliari had 2 men sent off-this could be the luck we need!

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]This is a genuine question, and with no intention to stir it up, but why is it you raise money for a multi-million pound business as if it was a charity?[/quote]

It''s also quite fun!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alan_Grey"]This is a genuine question, and with no intention to stir it up, but why is it you raise money for a multi-million pound business as if it was a charity?[/quote]Not wanting to speak for Nigel but the money goes to developing youth team prospects (as an additional though small revenue stream) and it''s a way to directly contribute to our most promising young players as they come through the academy.  It''s a cause which we can all agree on and get behind.[/quote]

I see, but shouldn''t the club with its enormous premier league income be paying for youth development?

Is this a way to pay directly to youth development as opposed to paying for tickets and shirts, hoping that part of that revenue would trickle through?

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Looking good after 3 results, although Lazio only won with a penalty after Cagliari had 2 men sent off-this could be the luck we need![/quote]

Yes great stuff so far thanks to Wazzy and great to be in the hunt overnight. Looks like we got lucky with Lazio and as Mr Angry points out we always need that and it''s long overdue. Sleep well Wazzy[S]

Alan Grey - Happy New Year[<:o)][Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Looking good after 3 results, although Lazio only won with a penalty after Cagliari had 2 men sent off-this could be the luck we need![/quote]

Yes great stuff so far thanks to Wazzy and great to be in the hunt overnight. Looks like we got lucky with Lazio and as Mr Angry points out we always need that and it''s long overdue. Sleep well Wazzy[S]

Alan Grey - Stop stirring[<:o)][Y]

[/quote]

Phew!!!

AC Milan drawing 0-0 at Half Time.

I''d just like to take the opportunity to remind them that Siena are bottom and have conceded in each one of their last five games.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I''d just like to take the opportunity to remind them that Siena are bottom and have conceded in each one of their last five games.

[/quote]

They''re the last game in my accy too so I''m sharing your pain!

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alan_Grey"]This is a genuine question, and with no intention to stir it up, but why is it you raise money for a multi-million pound business as if it was a charity?[/quote]Not wanting to speak for Nigel but the money goes to developing youth team prospects (as an additional though small revenue stream) and it''s a way to directly contribute to our most promising young players as they come through the academy.  It''s a cause which we can all agree on and get behind.[/quote]

I see, but shouldn''t the club with its enormous premier league income be paying for youth development?

Is this a way to pay directly to youth development as opposed to paying for tickets and shirts, hoping that part of that revenue would trickle through?[/quote]The club do pay for youth development.  But a few extra quid comes in handy.  And it''s fun.  And it''s good to know each week we might raise a bit of cash.  There''s no downside to it, Alan.  You should try it.  You might like it.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

They''re the last game in my accy too so I''m sharing your pain!

[/quote]

Yippee AC have scored!