Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 21

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

AC Milan drawing 0-0 at Half Time.

I''d just like to take the opportunity to remind them that Siena are bottom and have conceded in each one of their last five games.

[/quote]

They''re the last game in my accy too so I''m sharing your pain!

[/quote]

Yippee AC have scored!

[/quote]

...and again!!

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

I''d just like to take the opportunity to remind them that Siena are bottom and have conceded in each one of their last five games.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yippee AC have scored!

[/quote]

I''d be happier with another, but hopefully the cattenachio will do its job!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yippee AC have scored!

[/quote]

[/quote]

And as I type that its 2-0 Milan with 6 minutes left!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yippee AC have scored!

[/quote]

[/quote]

No need for filth like that Beau, can I just remind you it is Sunday!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alan_Grey"]This is a genuine question, and with no intention to stir it up, but why is it you raise money for a multi-million pound business as if it was a charity?[/quote]

Not wanting to speak for Nigel but the money goes to developing youth team prospects (as an additional though small revenue stream) and it''s a way to directly contribute to our most promising young players as they come through the academy.  It''s a cause which we can all agree on and get behind.

[/quote] I see, but shouldn''t the club with its enormous premier league income be paying for youth development? Is this a way to pay directly to youth development as opposed to paying for tickets and shirts, hoping that part of that revenue would trickle through?[/quote]

The club do pay for youth development.  But a few extra quid comes in handy.  And it''s fun.  And it''s good to know each week we might raise a bit of cash.  There''s no downside to it, Alan.  You should try it.  You might like it.
[/quote]

Agreed. But is there an argument now, given that we are in the Premier League, for at least thinking about what we do with the PUPs money? If what we are raising is essentially symbolic, which it is, then perhaps we should split the proceeds between NCFC youth development and a deserving charity. Either a footballing charity or a Norfolk-based one.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alan_Grey"]This is a genuine question, and with no intention to stir it up, but why is it you raise money for a multi-million pound business as if it was a charity?[/quote]

Not wanting to speak for Nigel but the money goes to developing youth team prospects (as an additional though small revenue stream) and it''s a way to directly contribute to our most promising young players as they come through the academy.  It''s a cause which we can all agree on and get behind.

[/quote] I see, but shouldn''t the club with its enormous premier league income be paying for youth development? Is this a way to pay directly to youth development as opposed to paying for tickets and shirts, hoping that part of that revenue would trickle through?[/quote]

The club do pay for youth development.  But a few extra quid comes in handy.  And it''s fun.  And it''s good to know each week we might raise a bit of cash.  There''s no downside to it, Alan.  You should try it.  You might like it.
[/quote]

Agreed. But is there an argument now, given that we are in the Premier League, for at least thinking about what we do with the PUPs money? If what we are raising is essentially symbolic, which it is, then perhaps we should split the proceeds between NCFC youth development and a deserving charity. Either a footballing charity or a Norfolk-based one.

[/quote]

We are all lovers of our club and those of us that particpate on this thread love doing so. I am sure that a few of us might have found Purple''s thoughts running through our heads, however, the inspiration for this thread ( and its purpose ) was the late, great Ray Drucker. I am sure that not one us would know better than Nutty what Ray would have wanted with any changing circumstances and, therefore, I feel Nutty will exercise the appropriate judgment of either status quo or seek an approach for alternate options.

There was a lot of soul searching and thought went into this at the beginning of last season when we had to become self financing. With FONCY winding up and us in the Premier League raising the money for charity was suggested. I took the advice of many PUPs and it was felt that our football club was the glue that held the whole thing together. This gives exiled canaries, and in fact locally based Canaries, a small stake in the future of the club we love.

For me the only downside of our current successful spell is the loss of community. The multi-million pound business has seen many fans groups fold. The Premier League is a selfish place to be I''m afraid. The club treated FONCY abysmally after all the money they raised when the club really needed it. But fans of my generation know we will have lean years to come.

It''s up to you PUPs what we do. I just administer this on your behalf. We can revisit it again when the money runs out. I''ll go with what you want.

It''s a shame that a poster who has been registered on this board for longer than these threads have been running makes his first contribution a meddling one. You could have left a selection Alan Grey......

See you next week[Y]

Liverpool one up[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

On to Mansfield and we''re Liverpool fans[+o(]

[/quote]

Tight game, Liverpool now bringing on Mike and Bernie Winters uglier brother. [:D]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

On to Mansfield and we''re Liverpool fans[+o(]

[/quote]

Tight game, Liverpool now bringing on Mike and Bernie Winters uglier brother. [:D]

[/quote]

If I''m lucky enough to win this today, Suarez will make a win feel like a defeat - what a blatant cheat (crap officials too).

[quote user="Kathy "]Time to start writing the acceptance speech Wazzy![/quote]

Ladies and Gentleman, it gives me great pleasure, and has done for many years...[:D]

Done and dusted Wazzy. Brilliant selections and no last minute sweats with Barca winning 4-0. I''m chuffed to bits with this. We were due another win and this is a great start to 2013. Well done to your supporting cast of PUPs too. The stats will make good reading this week.

Wazzy now joins the very select group of PUPs who have had 3 wins in the final selections. That''s a brilliant achievement Steve, well done buddy[Y]

Here is Ray''s ammended signature : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1897 for the Academy,so far.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Done and dusted Wazzy. Brilliant selections and no last minute sweats with Barca winning 4-0. I''m chuffed to bits with this. We were due another win and this is a great start to 2013. Well done to your supporting cast of PUPs too. The stats will make good reading this week.

Wazzy now joins the very select group of PUPs who have had 3 wins in the final selections. That''s a brilliant achievement Steve, well done buddy[Y]

Here is Ray''s ammended signature : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1897 for the Academy,so far.

[/quote]

Thank you Nutty, I only played a small part - picking the final 6. All the hard work was done by everyone who gave me the ammunition.

So take a bow all you PUPs, WE have won again!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Achieved whilst suffering man flu makes it even more remarkable Wazzy. [H][/quote]

Too poorly to be Dr Vinyl last Saturday, and,  judging by the way things are going it''s going to be touch and go for this Saturday too. [+o(]

[quote user="First Wazzock"] judging by the way things are going it''s going to be touch and go for this Saturday too. [/quote]

What has touch and go got to do with man flu....surely two different problems Wazzy ? [;)]