Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

RDM SACKED

Wow, didn''t expect that. Looks like Guardiola may be favourite (presume a phone call already went in before today) At the moment, i cannot see anyone else in World football who could take that job on.

This has actually really angered me. So Roman has sacked about 200 managers in pursuit of the Champions league, RDM wins it for him and is then sacked less than 6 months later??

I actually hate the state of football in this country at the moment. I really hope Pep snubs Chelsea and sticks to his sobatical from football and leaves Chelsea with Rafa Benitez, who lets face it, won''t cut the mustard.

I''m with the OP on this, this has just made me hate Chelsea even more. I really hope RDM had some time left on his contract so has walked with a wedge of Romans money.

Why do you two hate a football club? Seems a bit over the top...

RDM isn''t actually a great manager, some suggestion that the players were pretty much doing what they wanted last season once he took over. He won the CL, so fair play to him for that, but they were very lucky in the semi-final and final (ok you need some luck from time to time).

He was never going to be a long term manager, its a bit odd that they''ve sacked him now, they clearly want Pep, he''s not going to suddenly decide he doesn''t want 12 months off. They should go for Lambert, that''d teach Villa...

A sensible decision made by an excellent family club and the news that Rafa Benitez is likely to take over only reinforces this, I imagine when it''s revealed that they were falsely accusing referees of racism also, they will be the envy of every country up and down the land.

This will continue to happen as long as the owner lives in a dream world where he thinks his Club should win every game & every trophy. No realism, no respect, no loyalty, no humility. Hope they end up with nothing this season - hate them & everything in football they stand for.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why do you two hate a football club? Seems a bit over the top... RDM isn''t actually a great manager, some suggestion that the players were pretty much doing what they wanted last season once he took over. He won the CL, so fair play to him for that, but they were very lucky in the semi-final and final (ok you need some luck from time to time). He was never going to be a long term manager, its a bit odd that they''ve sacked him now, they clearly want Pep, he''s not going to suddenly decide he doesn''t want 12 months off. They should go for Lambert, that''d teach Villa...[/quote]

Chelsea won the CL  through his tactical play, the final wasn''t luck- their tactics were to break quickly and defend, and it worked perfectly

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why do you two hate a football club? Seems a bit over the top... RDM isn''t actually a great manager, some suggestion that the players were pretty much doing what they wanted last season once he took over. He won the CL, so fair play to him for that, but they were very lucky in the semi-final and final (ok you need some luck from time to time). He was never going to be a long term manager, its a bit odd that they''ve sacked him now, they clearly want Pep, he''s not going to suddenly decide he doesn''t want 12 months off. They should go for Lambert, that''d teach Villa...[/quote]

Chelsea won the CL  through his tactical play, the final wasn''t luck- their tactics were to break quickly and defend, and it worked perfectly

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]

Meh, RDM was one penalty kick better than Avram Grant - who we know went to prove Chelsea wrong with his excellent career post Chelsea...

RDM wasn''t good enough at WBA and certainly isn''t, currently, good enough a manager for a team in the Champions'' League looking to win the  the Premier League. He has been out-thought on several games already this season (the Tottenham game being the real signal that RDM isn''t quite up there) and Roman has made the decision quickly before any chance of winning the title aren''t completely lost.

Owners are often critisised for making sackings too late (i.e. end of January or later) and now he is getting flack for making the decision too early. It''s obvious that RDM was never really the manager Roman wanted but couldn''t ditch him straight after winning the CLs, which in hindsight would have been the right thing to do.

Sorry Ginger but isn''t hating football clubs somewhere and a t some level part of why we do this? Football is a tribal pursuit and there has to be love and hate and rivalries. I agree there is little objectivity involved but we all hate some other team or teams otherwise we would just watch any old match and not care about the out come.

Spot on, CambridgeCanary, I don''t see how hating a football club is ''over the top'' at all, especially one that conducts themselves in the manner that Chelsea have done over the past 10 years...

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Spot on, CambridgeCanary, I don''t see how hating a football club is ''over the top'' at all, especially one that conducts themselves in the manner that Chelsea have done over the past 10 years...[/quote]

I don''t use the word hate very often as its a very strong word. But I stick by the fact I hate Chelsea. I wouldn''t even use the word hate to describe how I feel about Ipswich, QPR or even the moron who likes scratching cars in my street, but Roman Abromabtch, definite hate towards that fella. Can''t he run back to Russia with his champions league trophy and never come back? Surely he has now achieved what he wanted. Cheslea are never going to be the Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool of old, winning everything there is to win a season, its too close at the top for that.

I thought ''arry was a dead cert for QPR after this weekend when Man U surely beat them, but now I can see RDM going to QPR and ''arry going back to Southampton if Adkins doesn''t start picking up favourable results. Makes me wonder how long Hughton, whom I think we''ve struck gold with, would have lasted this season under Abramovich? All the more reason why I''m happy NCFC isn''t being run by the likes of him...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=tony%20fernandes&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guardian.co.uk%2Ffootball%2F2012%2Fnov%2F19%2Fmark-hughes-queens-park-rangers&ei=9vWsUOP2N8y50AGgqYG4BQ&usg=AFQjCNHA-LZYGUgHy1AlvbZHjZgR0WSgzA

Tony Fernandes is very.....very.....slowly sipping his early cocktail thinking this Chelsea and QPR situation through. He keeps looking the league table up and down.....then once again up and down. The penny is starting to drop, all so very slowly. Once more he looks. Chelsea are European champions, FA Cup winners and third in the table. He can''t let his chin drop but, unfortunately he has to to peer once more at where QPR resides. There it is, the penny hits the floor with an amplified thud. "Abramovich is a decision maker whereas, I, Tony Fernades, am not. Well, I''ll show them. If we lose by six or more against Manchester United on Saturday then Hughes is gone."  

I''m with BYG on this one, RDM isn''t good enough for a club Chelsea''s size, and his ultra-defensive CL tactics were verging on luck for the victory rather than tactical nous as Bayern had enough opportunities to win (and Gomez had a shocker).I personally think Guardiola is overrated as everyone uses Barca''s performances as a yardstick for his ability, yet it was Rijkaard who laid the foundations and got Barca playing that way, Pep just slightly refined it, and Vilanova hasn''t changed much (he doesn''t need to) and they''re still world beaters. You could stick a vegetable in charge of Barca at the minute and they''d still be challenging for the league and CL...All that being said, I have to agree about not liking to horrible amount of money that has been thrown at that club in the last decade, nor the constant chop changing of managers that Abramovich has been responsible for...

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Rafa''s in charge until the end of the season!!![/quote]He''s just been sacked for failing to win a match......