Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

New Stadium

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Add up the value of FCR to a retailer[/quote]

Name a few of these retailers who would be interested. Obviously forget about Comet,Tescos who only want to occupy empty pubs like The Dial and The Firs or Morrisons who want to occupy an empty car showroom on Aylsham Road.

[/quote]

Another thing Tom is how many hundreds of thousands of sq ft is standing empty all over Norfolk on commercial and retail parks let alone shop units in the centres of Norwich,Kings Lynn and Gt Yarmouth ?

[/quote]Ikea would need a substantial site the size of a football stadium and they tend to have purpose built new stores rather than use empty units.

"significant sums of taxpayers money on NCFC schemes"

wouldn''t actually be a lie on your part, would it Tom ?

Luckily people like tom are in the minority and the board will never listen to them (even if it was a majority Mcnally would be level-headed enough to say no).

And when I say minority I mean tom and his pet dog.

[quote user="BWs Cat"]Luckily people like tom are in the minority and the board will never listen to them (even if it was a majority Mcnally would be level-headed enough to say no).

And when I say minority I mean tom and his pet dog.[/quote]If the board announced that a new stadium would be the most cost effective option and as a result more money could go towards the first team then the vast majority of fans would back it, particularly if it was a fantastic design.

Move the stadium?    I don''t see how anyone could think its a good idea - except perhaps some egotistic business geeks who would see it as a project they could put their name to and try to push it through despite 99.9% of people not wanting it.    Unfortunately, these things do happen, but I hope not in this case. 

This is Norfolk we are talking about here.      Not Birmingham or 

Manchester.     The stadium that  comes to mind when Tom talks about

this is the Reebok Stadium in Bolton - or outside Bolton.    A great

looking stadium with good access to the motorway.      

But..........it''s soulless compared to a place like Carrow Road.     

Money and finance  is taking the heart out of football - just like the

out of town supermarkets have with shopping (not that I enjoy shopping

anywhere [:S])  and the main reason for moving isn''t the quality of the

football - or to increase the capacity of a stadium by vast amounts -

its the transport links.    BUT - in Norfolk we don''t have the same

problems of a  Birmingham or a Manchester.    We can manage a 30,000+

stadium - right in the heart of the city - with no real problems or

reason to move.     If  a city like Newcastle can have its huge stadium

right in the heart of the centre , then we should have no problems at

all.    Plus, we''re near the station and shops, etc.  

Get real, Tom.

If we ground shared the Olympic Stadium with West Ham then Norfolk CC would be forced to improve road links with the capital.

Kill two birds with one stone.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="BWs Cat"]Luckily people like tom are in the minority and the board will never listen to them (even if it was a majority Mcnally would be level-headed enough to say no). And when I say minority I mean tom and his pet dog.[/quote]

If the board announced that a new stadium would be the most cost effective option and as a result more money could go towards the first team then the vast majority of fans would back it, particularly if it was a fantastic design.
[/quote]

Cost effective option to what ?

More money ? More of what money ?

Maybe the same money you claimed in this statement about the council and Norwich City, as in "significant sums of taxpayers money on NCFC schemes"

any chance of you letting "the vast majority of fans" know about these "significant sums" ?

as I am sure, just as with these new stadium plans that would provide more money, you would want "the vast majority of fans"  to be making any decision based on all the facrs available

the floor is yours

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="BWs Cat"]Luckily people like tom are in the minority and the board will never listen to them (even if it was a majority Mcnally would be level-headed enough to say no).

And when I say minority I mean tom and his pet dog.[/quote]If the board announced that a new stadium would be the most cost effective option and as a result more money could go towards the first team then the vast majority of fans would back it, particularly if it was a fantastic design.[/quote]If my Aunt had balls.............................................................

[quote user="City1st"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="BWs Cat"]Luckily people like tom are in the minority and the board will never listen to them (even if it was a majority Mcnally would be level-headed enough to say no). And when I say minority I mean tom and his pet dog.[/quote]If the board announced that a new stadium would be the most cost effective option and as a result more money could go towards the first team then the vast majority of fans would back it, particularly if it was a fantastic design.[/quote]

Maybe the same money you claimed in this statement about the council and Norwich City, as in "significant sums of taxpayers money on NCFC schemes"

any chance of you letting "the vast majority of fans" know about these "significant sums" ?

as I am sure, just as with these new stadium plans that would provide more money, you would want "the vast majority of fans"  to be making any decision based on all the facrs available

the floor is yours

[/quote]Perhaps Tom might like to stand for Parliament on the platform of spending tax payers funds on a Premiership football club. It''s bound to be a vote winner[;)].

Carrow Road is soul less now anyway. Gone is the intimacy generated by all that eight foot high corrugated steel with spiky tops; those defunct buildings with dirty broken windows; Laurence and Scott Electromotors; Reads Flourmill; the crush going over Carrow Bridge; the chip shop; the tavern. Gone, all gone to be replaced by modular buildings and flats that seem to wear their galvanised steel skeletons on the outside. Where is the romance?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Carrow Road is soul less now anyway. Gone is the intimacy generated by all that eight foot high corrugated steel with spiky tops; those defunct buildings with dirty broken windows; Laurence and Scott Electromotors; Reads Flourmill; the crush going over Carrow Bridge; the chip shop; the tavern. Gone, all gone to be replaced by modular buildings and flats that seem to wear their galvanised steel skeletons on the outside. Where is the romance?[/quote]And don''t forget that the car park behind the Jarrold stand has been sold for housing.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Perhaps Tom might like to stand for Parliament on the platform of spending tax payers funds on a Premiership football club. It''s bound to be a vote winner[;)].
[/quote]

He is not proposing it, he is claiming that it has already been done -

''Don''t forget that Norfolk Council already spends significant sums of taxpayers money on NCFC schemes''

Unsurprisingly he still hasn''t told us what these signifcant sums are and what the NCFC schemes are.

Surely if all of this has been worked out, then even if the figures are not exact he would know what these schemes are

So Tom. lets have them ..........................

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Carrow Road is soul less now anyway. Gone is the intimacy generated by all that eight foot high corrugated steel with spiky tops; those defunct buildings with dirty broken windows; Laurence and Scott Electromotors; Reads Flourmill; the crush going over Carrow Bridge; the chip shop; the tavern. Gone, all gone to be replaced by modular buildings and flats that seem to wear their galvanised steel skeletons on the outside. Where is the romance?[/quote]You forgot the black lagoon, the Pinkun Scoreboard, the TOC H commentry box, the wooden turnstyles, the Enclosure and that God awful halftime music about the ant and the rubber-tree plant.[:D]

[quote user="ricardo"]and that God awful halftime music about the ant and the rubber-tree plant.[:D][/quote]

[8]Just what makes that little old antThink hell move that rubber tree plantAnyone knows an ant, cantMove a rubber tree plantBut he''s got high hopes, he''s got high hopesHes got high apple pie, in the sky hopesSo any time your gettin lowStead of lettin goJust remember that antOops there goes another rubber tree plant[8][:D]I think Tom''s got "high apple pie, in the sky hopes" Ricardo! [;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City1st"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="BWs Cat"]Luckily people like tom are in the minority and the board will never listen to them (even if it was a majority Mcnally would be level-headed enough to say no). And when I say minority I mean tom and his pet dog.[/quote]If the board announced that a new stadium would be the most cost effective option and as a result more money could go towards the first team then the vast majority of fans would back it, particularly if it was a fantastic design.[/quote]

the floor is yours

[/quote]Perhaps Tom might like to stand for Parliament on the platform of spending tax payers funds on a Premiership football club. It''s bound to be a vote winner[;)].[/quote]

"Norfolk County Council are currently

supporting our Elite Football programme, including the Player

Development Centres, Girls'' Elite Centres and Girls'' Centre of

Excellence."

http://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/partners/

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]
Add up the value of FCR to a retailer
[/quote]

Name a few of these retailers who would be interested. Obviously forget about Comet,Tescos who only want to occupy empty pubs like The Dial and The Firs or Morrisons who want to occupy an empty car showroom on Aylsham Road.

[/quote]

Another thing Tom is how many hundreds of thousands of sq ft is standing empty all over Norfolk on commercial and retail parks let alone shop units in the centres of Norwich,Kings Lynn and Gt Yarmouth ?

[/quote]

Ikea would need a substantial site the size of a football stadium and they tend to have purpose built new stores rather than use empty units.
[/quote]

Was Ikea plucked from thin air or have you a crystal ball ? I will go along with your baseless ill founded nonsense regarding Ikea and now ask why they cannot move into one of the dozens of huge industrial units littered all over Norfolk ?

"Norfolk County Council are currently supporting our Elite Football programme, including the Player Development Centres, Girls'' Elite Centres and Girls'' Centre of Excellence."

http://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/partners/

That is a community sports foundation that is NOT a Norwich City scheme.

Now can we be told of a real Norwich City FC scheme where significant sums of taxpayers money have been spent, as claimed by you.

I can''t believe he''s brought up this tripe again and it''s made 4 pages.

That which is not fed will eventually die.

I don''t understand your obsession with wanting to move, Tom - Carrow Rd is our home, not the showground etc. Does FCR not feel ''Premier League'' enough then?. I maybe way wide of the mark, but I reckon most supporters value our home greatly, and would rather wait till it''s feasible to do something with the City stand rather than relocate to Lidl''s carpark.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Add up the value of FCR to a retailer[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ikea would need a substantial site the size of a football stadium and they tend to have purpose built new stores rather than use empty units.[/quote]

Was Ikea plucked from thin air or have you a crystal ball ? I will go along with your baseless ill founded nonsense regarding Ikea and now ask why they cannot move into one of the dozens of huge industrial units littered all over Norfolk ?

[/quote]

Ikea are currently looking for a site in Norwich.If FCR were to be sold it would raise the most money if sold to a retailer. A supermarket might not get planning permission as it is close to Morrisons. However, an Ikea would likely get planning permission.Some Ikea stores have the parking under the store. The fact that the car park behind the Jarrold Stand has been sold shouldn''t be a problem for Ikea.

[quote user="Alex "]I don''t understand your obsession with wanting to move, Tom - Carrow Rd is our home, not the showground etc. Does FCR not feel ''Premier League'' enough then?. I maybe way wide of the mark, but I reckon most supporters value our home greatly, and would rather wait till it''s feasible to do something with the City stand rather than relocate to Lidl''s carpark.[/quote]

The problem is that apparently doing something feasible with the City stand to get the extra seats the directors still (I am sure) want in the long run will cost at least £30m. With a figure like that, compared with the cost of a new stadium, I don''t blame people for at least looking at the alternatives. I don''t see how we could afford a whole new stadium, but then I don''t see how we can possibly justify £30m for not that many extra seats. Is doing something with the City Stand at that cost/seat ratio ever going to be feasible? Fans shouldn''t fool themselves that expansion is at all likely in the foreseeable future, unless we find a really benevolent and really rich new owner.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Ikea are currently looking for a site in Norwich.[/quote]Carrow Road wouldn''t be any good for Ikea. It took us eight years to assemble a decent football team.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="tom cavendish"]Ikea are currently looking for a site in Norwich.[/quote]Carrow Road wouldn''t be any good for Ikea. It took us eight years to assemble a decent football team.[/quote]

Thing is after 8 years you still wouldn`t have anything worthwhile from an Ikea store.

The council could use the site to build those new council houses they are proposing to build over the next few years.

Ah, slight problem. They will have lent some money to NCFC to relocate.

No brainer. The council haven''t got a spare £40 million for the football club let alone for any other scheme. Nice try Tom but you''ve got no chance of NCFC leaving Carrow Road unles you''ve got that kind of money ticked away.