Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Credit to Turner

The lad has come in for shedloads of flack since he signed. Today his partnership with bassong was immense and he did not put a foot wrong and indeed culd and should have scored. I can see the pair being the centre back pairing

Caught out of position once or twice, but I agree that it was a much improved performance from Turner.Such a shame he didn''t cap his best performance for us with a goal.Hope to see him performing more like this week in week out when given the opportunity.

To me, he''s a potentially excellent signing who has had a nightmare start. Hopefully today goes a long way to proving his quality.

Likewise. Thought he played brilliantly alongside the ever formidable Bassong. Plus i remember a certain John Ruddy having a shaky start to his Ncfc career and coming good so give it time.

Agreed - credit to Turner. Let''s hope his uncertain start is now behind him. As suggested above, it took a while for Ruddy to settle in and look at him yesterday.

Totally agree, hes had a bad start but didn''t deserve some of the torrent of abuse on here for a good player with premiership pedigree. Really glad to see him prove the doubters wrong against a top side and him and Bassong have the potential to be a formidable partnership for me, really hope he kicks on from this and cements a place in the team with some more strong performances.

That was a tough ask for any player.

He showed the kind of admirable strength that we will need from our players this season.

Is Barnett injured or was this ''just'' a brave and excellent mangerial decision?

I am very pleased for Michael Turner, he deserved far better than he was getting on this board.

Agree with OP, he''s done a lot to set the record straight now...there''s still a long way to go for him though. I wouldn''t change the team against AV! Everyone played well!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Agree with OP, he''s done a lot to set the record straight now...there''s still a long way to go for him though. I wouldn''t change the team against AV! Everyone played well![/quote]Another tough decision for Hoots.  We all know Wezzi can look like a multi-million pound player on his day.  And he can also get bullied out of a game imo.  Lambert knows this too... Tough call I reckon.

[quote user="The Pink''un Role Model"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]Agree with OP, he''s done a lot to set the record straight now...there''s still a long way to go for him though. I wouldn''t change the team against AV! Everyone played well!

Another tough decision for Hoots.  We all know Wezzi can look like a multi-million pound player on his day.  And he can also get bullied out of a game imo.  Lambert knows this too... Tough call I reckon.[/quote]
I think I would start Howson in the CAM role next week against Villa. Wes to come off the bench should we need him. 
Or the other way around, in the CAM role, they are pretty much like for like.

How much better did Turner look for playing on the right side of defence? Clearly a lot more comfortable than he is on the left side.

To be fair, criticism of Turner has been justified because up until yesterday he had basically been rubbish for us. He hadn''t earnt the trust or the respect of the fans.

Yesterday he put in a very good performance which will already have gone a long way to getting people on his side.

I had my doubts, I wondered if he was the kind of player we''d avoided under Lambert (someone who had had his best days and earnt enough money) but I''m very much hoping yesterday was the start of him proving he is a quality addition and someone who is here for the cause.

I agree GJP - he looked much more comfortable on the right rather than the left side. I wonder if Bassong''s pace helped him as well? It something that he is not overly blessed with and having a quicker partner may have provided him with reassurance.

I''ve been a big Turner doubter right back to seeing him play in the Monchengladbach friendly, and up until yesterday those initial feelings were very much borne out.  It appeared that Hoots felt he had to play him to justify the 2 million price tag . . . . . but he had a really good game yesterday, as did the whole team of course.  He didn''t get asked any major questions though, so I wouldn''t  be getting carried away on the back of one performance.  Despite my reservations, I very much hope he can carry his latest performance into the rest of the season, not just for him and Hoots, but for the good of the club as a whole.

I think he did well to keep poldolski quiet, benefitted from having bassong next to him

No player deserves to be booed by their home fans regardless of how poor they''ve been and I hope those idiots who did boo him feel ashamed of themselves.

I think we have to start the same team now against Villa.

If we hadn''t have played so well, it would have been great for Hoots to play a 1st 11 of Norwich players which lambert signed, would have been nice for them to prove to their old boss he could have taken them further! Could have been some nice motivation for them.

Though doesn''t look like they are short of motivation judging by the arsenal game!

Disgusted he was booed before KO.

Our fans are morons at times, the second a player has a few bad performances they get booed and slated endlessly (Morro last season being a good example) it helps nobody, yes Turner hasn''t had a brilliant start but he''s played more PL football than most of our squad for a reason, he''s not a bad player, infact I think him and Bassong have all the makings of a good CB pairing.

"Supporters" should support our players when they have a dip in form rather than kill their confidence more than it already probbaly is due to said loss of form.

Rant over.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Our fans are morons at times, the second a player has a few bad performances they get booed and slated endlessly (Morro last season being a good example) it helps nobody, yes Turner hasn''t had a brilliant start but he''s played more PL football than most of our squad for a reason, he''s not a bad player, infact I think him and Bassong have all the makings of a good CB pairing.

"Supporters" should support our players when they have a dip in form rather than kill their confidence more than it already probbaly is due to said loss of form.

Rant over.

[/quote]Totally agree.It came from lower Barclay / snakepit direction. Whoever it was should hang their heads in shame.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambo"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

It came from lower Barclay / snakepit direction. Whoever it was should hang their heads in shame.
[/quote]

I''ll second that. Probably the same contingent who''ve had their knives into Hughton since day one. Turner was woeful at Fulham and against Liverpool, but he has good Premier League pedigree. Brave decision by Hoots to go with him, but even braver from the player to turn in a performance like that. Hopefully he''ll kick on from here and the booing idiots will go back to supporting whoever it was they followed before the City bandwagon became fashionable.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambo"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

It came from lower Barclay / snakepit direction. Whoever it was should hang their heads in shame.
[/quote]

I''ll second that. Probably the same contingent who''ve had their knives into Hughton since day one. Turner was woeful at Fulham and against Liverpool, but he has good Premier League pedigree. Brave decision by Hoots to go with him, but even braver from the player to turn in a performance like that. Hopefully he''ll kick on from here and the booing idiots will go back to supporting whoever it was they followed before the City bandwagon became fashionable.

[/quote]

What year did the bandwagon become fashionable?

I''m not a booing idiot but I''d be interested to see whether I''m classed as a "Jonny-come-lately" type. How long do you have to have been going before you''re entitled to an opinion.....

/[;)]

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambo"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not a booing idiot but I''d be interested to see whether I''m classed as a "Jonny-come-lately" type. How long do you have to have been going before you''re entitled to an opinion.....

/[;)]

Everyone''s entitled to an opinion. Are you suggesting that booing our own players before a match is a democratic right? Genuine question.

I''m delighted to see people joining the fold at any time and idiocy is not directly correlated with longevity, but I think that that type of response was unacceptable. However, that''s just my view...[;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambo"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

[/quote]

[/quote]

/[;)]

Everyone''s entitled to an opinion. Are you suggesting that booing our own players before a match is a democratic right? Genuine question.

I''m delighted to see people joining the fold at any time and idiocy is not directly correlated with longevity, but I think that that type of response was unacceptable. However, that''s just my view...[;)]

[/quote][/quote]

Well, I suppose technically, if you pay your money you are entitled to voice your pleasure/displeasure as you as an individual see fit. There have been occasions where I have dug out other supporters for giving stick to players, normally Holt or Hoolahan in recent years, indeed at Spurs this season I had a full on row with a bloke about Holts contribution in the moments leading up to him laying on the goal.

Booing isn''t the way I would choose to express my feelings but if other people do I guess that''s their prerogative. They don''t annoy me half as much as all the Jarrold/Watling Venables'', Mourinho''s, Ferguson''s and Wenger''s who sit there shouting "SWITCH IT" at any given opportunity or my personal favourite "FORWARDS!!!" normally followed by "KEEP IT ON THE DECK!!" just after we''ve lumped it, you''ve guessed it, forwards.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I think he did well to keep poldolski quiet, benefitted from having bassong next to him No player deserves to be booed by their home fans regardless of how poor they''ve been and I hope those idiots who did boo him feel ashamed of themselves.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. They are an absolute disgrace.

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambo"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

[/quote]

[/quote]

/[;)]

[/quote][/quote]

Well, I suppose technically, if you pay your money you are entitled to voice your pleasure/displeasure as you as an individual see fit. There have been occasions where I have dug out other supporters for giving stick to players, normally Holt or Hoolahan in recent years, indeed at Spurs this season I had a full on row with a bloke about Holts contribution in the moments leading up to him laying on the goal.

Booing isn''t the way I would choose to express my feelings but if other people do I guess that''s their prerogative. They don''t annoy me half as much as all the Jarrold/Watling Venables'', Mourinho''s, Ferguson''s and Wenger''s who sit there shouting "SWITCH IT" at any given opportunity or my personal favourite "FORWARDS!!!" normally followed by "KEEP IT ON THE DECK!!" just after we''ve lumped it, you''ve guessed it, forwards.

[/quote]

Agree. They have paid their money so they can boo their own players. Equally, I have the right to say that, in my opinion, they are idiots.

Like watching the Ryder Cup and some idiot shouts "in the hole" on the Tee of a 550 Yd par 5 !!

Never boo your own players, certainly not before a ball is kicked. When Turners name was read out there were a few grumbles around me which was understandable considering the start he has had.

But we dont see him on the training ground and Im sure the international break gave CH and team a good chance to concentrate on defence.

However, I feel Bassong is the difference, so far he has made everyone who has played next to him look a different player.

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambo"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

[/quote]

[/quote]

/[;)]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

You''re not somewhere near Block M by any chance? There''s a guy there who screams "SWITCH" at every opportunity, however inappropriate, the best example being a game last season where Leon Barnett was penned by his own corner flag!

I guess it''s just the differences between people. I reckon if you randomly selected 100 fans from the crowd at Carrow Road on Saturday and randomly selected 100 posters from here who weren''t at Carrow Road you''d get the same percentage of numpties. There would be a "Wiz" or "Smudger" amongst the attendees and a "Ricardo" amongst the stay at homes. That''s just the way of it!

I''m interested to hear that the booing came from the same areas that the maybe coin could have come from. Perhaps the same person is involved in both events?