Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 11

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 11 of Rays Funds. This week we have Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat in charge and making the final selections. Mear Kat has been a really consistent PUP over the last couple of seasons averaging an impressive 75% over that time. And of course last season he joined the unlucky club with 5/6 when he made the final selections. So I know he‘ll be determined to go one better this week.

Of course this week we are on a hat-trick after the brilliant efforts of Mr Bump and Kathy over the last 2 weeks. It would be a feat we’ve never managed before so there’s no extra pressure on Nigel. But we can help him make it possible by giving him our very best selections. Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be a game from this weekend’s fixtures and be listed on the Bet365 web site.

Now on last week’s thread Yankee asked me about the state of our finances and if we were funded for the season. This was a timely reminder for me because we only have funding for the first 33 weeks which will take us up to 30th March. We do have further funding pledged so it’s not too much of an issue yet. However without funding we will be unable to continue and it wouldn’t be right to use any of the funds that have been won for the Academy. The current position is this : -

Carried forward from last season145
Donations Pledged280
Actual Donations190

So as you can see if the pledges all come in we will be fine for this season. The current cash situation is : -

Carried forward from last season145
Donations190
Wins 143.2
Total478.2
Bets-100
Cash held378.2

Donations can be made via paypal to canaryeddie@aol.com or email me at that address for more details.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Nigel ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]...

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, yes Norfolkchance1 £1798 for the Academy,so far.

Well as it is getting near to Xmas I''m of to Turkey this week:

GALATASARAY 3-1-0 (9-4) -v- Kayserispor 1-0-3 (4-11)  HOME WIN

Galatasaray are top of the Turkish League and Kayserispor are 15th.

Good Luck Nigel and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

ATLETICO MADRID         V               osasuna

7-1-0       +11                                        1-2-5              -4

Good luck to all PUPS[Y]

Switzerland for me this week where bottom of the table Servette (p13, 3 points & a home record of p6 w0 d3 l3) will be beaten by top of the table GRASSHOPPERS who have an away record of p6 w5 d1 l0.Good luck!

I''m fancying Celtic to beat Kilmarnock this week.

Good luck with the hat-trick ball MMMK. Lets make it a treble for the PUPs and a double in the Meerkat household.

Good evening to you Nutty,very good luck to you MMMK and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to the land of the wooden shoes again for me and an AWAY WIN for PSV at Zwolle.

I seem to have gone with the same as Tully this week with an away win for PSV Eindhoven please.

Good luck to Mandie and all this weeks pups.

Man.C after losing to Ajax are sure to come back this weekend and stuff Swansea. They are all but out of the Champions League, so have to win the league. Swansea have lost 2 of their 3 away games, the win coming on the opening day against a very poor QPR. Can''t see them doing anything against ManC.

Manchester City vs Swansea- Home win.

Good luck :)

Woohoo, I''m back....

Now, Arsenal have been hammered in their last 2 games. First we annihilated them 1-0 and then they were crap in the Champions League.

Therefore it stands to reason that they will win comfortably.

Bulgaria this time and Levski Sofia to win at home against Lokomotiv Plovdiv.

Levski have a 5 from 5 record at home this season so far whilst Plovdiv have yet to win away from home.

Bet365 has Levski at 1/5, Plovdiv at 10/1 with the draw at 17/4

Good luck MMMMMMMMK and all PUPs

MC

I''m off to Sweden again this week where with now just 3 games left in the season the top four are seperated by only 3 points. 1 point clear top of the pile going into this weekends fixtures are Hacken who are at home to midtable Kalmar. Hacken''s home record is W9 D2 L2 F42 A16 while Kalmar''s away record is W4 D3 L6 F11 A22. With Hacken averaging more that 3 goals a game at home I think they should have too much firepower for Kalmar.

Hacken v Kalmar Home Win.

Good luck Nigel. I''ll be around anytime on Friday evening if you''d rather wait for some more picks to come in.

Man City to beat Swansea for me, they carved open their passing game last season and will probably do same again.

Good Luck Mandie Moo''s Mear kat and all pickers hope we can get another win on the bounce.

P.S. Eddie I''ve forwarded you the donation that I promised at the start of the season through paypal.

As always I''m looking outside of the box at potential good returns and this week I''m looking at the ultra competitive Championship - in my eyes the most competitive league in the world?

But seeing as Our james is making a splash along side Leicesters Beckford, i''m going for

Millwall V''s Huddersfield Away win with odds of 2/1 this could be a very profitable gamble for the youngsters up at colney?

Now I know a little bit about Turkey, having spent a couple of years in one of their prisons in the early nineteen-eighties.  And it was nothing like Midnight Express, let me tell you.  I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was terrible.

Anyhow, I reckon top of the table Galatasaray will deliver you lovely pickers some Turkish Delight by beating lowly Kayseispor, who couldn''t get as much as a kiss from a camel.

Good luck, and auf wiedersehn.

Hello all,Firstly, apologies to the delightful Kathy for missing last week - got alot on my plate at the moment and was gutted not to contribute to Kathy''s acheivement.Onto this week - good luck Nigel, hopefully this week you''ll find 6 great selections from the Pups to make your choice "Simples"!My nap this week is a very poor home team to be taken to the cleaners by a rampant away team in the Welsh Premiership on Sat afternoon.Afan Lido v PRESTATYN - HOME WINLeedscanary

Ok they let me down once by drawing, but I will give them a chance to redeem themselves!

Vitesse Arnhem home win please - good odds at 11/10

Snake