Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Hughton Out Now!

Not!

Just Thought I would just say it for the sake of it as those of you calling for his head after 3 games have gone awfully quiet.

Don''t worry

another defeat, the stone will be lifted and out they will all come crawling

Those posters appear to be missing tonight. Why is it those that seem to get soooo angry and start multiple threads when we lose are never around when we win. If it was passion it would swing both ways[:$]

Nope. They''re just miserable beggars or binners. [;)]

My thoughts exactly Eddie - to be fair most of those regular moaners wouldn''t have had time to come on both here and also celebrate on TWTD this evening ;)

City1st is right, once there''s a small blip, or Hughton says something "controversial" then they will all come flooding out again...

I definately stated after the Chelsea match the first 7 games were irrelevant and it was very much based on the next 7 games!! It is amazing really how fickle as fans a lot of us are!! It is a shame because there''s nothing like a healthy debate however as soon as we show a couple of promising games these "fans" with the lambert tattoos on their backs soon disappear !! I''m sure a draw against reading will get them calling for hughtons head!!

"It is amazing really how fickle as fans a lot of us are"

or how ''gullible'' some fans on here are

I tend to avoid this place when we lose. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it''s always a bit of an over the top reactions and no reasoning or sensible posts.

After 3 games I wasn''t suprised some people were negative, we were playing crap. What''s appreciated is that we''ve seen an improvement, got 2 wins on the board and are looking far more defensively competent as well as scoring more of our chances.

The people that wanted Hughton out are hiding out in the same place the "let''s get Michael owen" brigade are.

Morons, not worthy of our football club.

[quote user="Dave"]Not! Just Thought I would just say it for the sake of it as those of you calling for his head after 3 games have gone awfully quiet.[/quote]

After Fulham for some[:S]

[quote user="Dave"]Not! Just Thought I would just say it for the sake of it as those of you calling for his head after 3 games have gone awfully quiet.[/quote]

I''m never quiet Dave, nor do I hide.

Hughton''s done well and wwill keep us up imo, I was wrong, very wrong, thats all I wish to say.

Takes a real man to say that as well Wiz ! :)Now just waiting on the un-thinkable, Morison to actually do something usefull, maybe even get an assist.... nay a pass.... nay a first touch... SHOCK...a goal ?!?!? never !!!But when he does go on this run of form every one thinks he is capable of I will be the first to apologise and admit being wrong ! :)Until then... I will continue to mock.

Excluding the COC,how much game time has Morison actually had?A few minutes at the end of the last few games.Bit harsh to judge him at the moment isn''t it?

We are far better organised than we were under Lambert last season.If we can just get a quality striker signed in January then the future looks very bright.If Hughton can find quality like Tettey hiding in Europe then i hope he can do the same with a striker.

There''s probably a separate thread for this somewhere but I have to hold my hands up about Turner too. I still say he had a shocking start but came into the Arsenal game and has been very impressive.

Hughton is still slightly too defensive for my PERSONAL liking (football is all about opinions and preferences) but we have started to turn the corner and looking more like a cohesive unit. I''ve never doubted Hughton or screamed for his head post-Fulham but after the Liverpool game I was mightily concerned we were heading for the drop. Currently I am sleeping much better at night.

[quote user="Wiz"]

I''m never quiet Dave, nor do I hide.

Hughton''s done well and wwill keep us up imo, I was wrong, very wrong, thats all I wish to say.

[/quote]Until next time, eh Wiz ?

What I saw yesterday was a different team playing a different way from a few weeks back.Hats off to Hughton- either he is adapting his style or the team is starting to understand where he is coming from.If we are to keep seeing this kind of improved play then I was very wrong about CH and hold my hands up.We do still need a goal scorer though.

There has been a huge change recently- we were awful against Liverpool and I have to admit I was concerned. since Arsenal we have looked a different team and massive credit to Hughton for that.

City1st wrote the following post at 04/11/2012 2:39 AM:

None no more so than you!

In the league and Spurs aside due to the vast smountbif chsnges by both teams, we havebeaten Arsenal,who cannot buy a win, drawn with a very very mediocre Villa, and beaten a dire Stoke City. After Reading we have Man Utd and then Everton so anyone who thinks we are safe and on the up must think again, yes we have had a couple of positive results and some improvement, but the finishing line is some way off yet!

[quote user="City 2nd"]City1st wrote the following post at 04/11/2012 2:39 AM:

None no more so than you!

In the league and Spurs aside due to the vast smountbif chsnges by both teams, we havebeaten Arsenal,who cannot buy a win, drawn with a very very mediocre Villa, and beaten a dire Stoke City. After Reading we have Man Utd and then Everton so anyone who thinks we are safe and on the up must think again, yes we have had a couple of positive results and some improvement, but the finishing line is some way off yet![/quote]We can''t win every game. We didn''t under Lambert and we won''t under any manager.However, as long as we beat and draw with the ''poor'' teams around us then we will be OK. It''s amazing how many come up with the conclusion we only beat the teams who are rubbish.I bet Southampton, QPR, Reading and a few others wish they could beat these ''poor'' teams.

Hughton was the person who brought Graham Carr to Newcastle who in turn is bringing players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse amongst others to Newcastle. He clearly has good contacts in the game and Tettey is another example of that - a player no one had heard of who is playing a really important role in our team.

It may not have seemed like it at the time but Lambert maybe took us as far as he could and Hughton is now starting to take us on from there further. (its early days and I wouldn''t want to jinx it but so far looks promising)

Yep. There was a lot of ''the sky is falling in'' stuff being posted on here after 7 games. Good to see that some of those who had been stricken by panic are big enough to hold up their hands and say ''my bad''. No doubt another bad run will lead to more of the same stuff being posted - human nature, not necessarily the sign of being a bad supporter.

However, it makes it difficult to accept the apologies of those who did a ''chicken licken'' when their initial expressions of concern were dressed up in highly negative and sometimes aggressive words. Likewise, it is difficult to accept the postings of self-appointed over-see-ers of City purity who often use similarly negative terms to put down others who do not come up to their own standards of being a Norwich fan.

In short, this is another plea for moderation in our expressions of opinion. Not a plea for blandness. Not a plea for everyone to love one another and their differing views. But a plea for people to recognise that their own opinions are often undermined when expressed in patronising, hectoring or highly negative terms.

I smiled while reading this thread, it is a fact that there was some overreaction on here!!! CH has proved all the doubters wrong. and, shame on me,at some point I was among them , I was worried as a fan and we weren''t playing at all well. But I still was prepared to give CH time. Firing him was never in my mind...it would''ve been the most stupid decision ever! I think the organisation has improved enormously. Watching Hoolahan playing regularly now has made me a happy fan too. It''s just the striker options that I am still very critical about.

What I like about Hughton is his honesty. What I disliked on here a few games ago was poster''s dishonesty. They were making stuff up about Hughton to paint him in a bad light. They had the results so why go nit picking over his press interviews? It''s something that''s always been prevalent on here and something that I will always stand up against.

Back to Hughton''s honesty. At the recent fans forum directly after the Liverpool game he was asked about why it was Jackson who was taken off against Liverpool and why Wes wasn''t playing more. He told us that he took Jackson off because he missed the opportunties we had to score a goal. He also talked openly about systems to suit Wes and how he was considering playing him off a lone striker and keeping four in midfield.

If we get that sort of honesty from the manager he deserves more honesty from the fans on here.

[quote user="City 2nd"]City1st wrote the following post at 04/11/2012 2:39 AM: "It is amazing really how fickle as fans a lot of us are" or how ''gullible'' some fans on here are None no more so than you! In the league and Spurs aside due to the vast smountbif chsnges by both teams, we havebeaten Arsenal,who cannot buy a win, drawn with a very very mediocre Villa, and beaten a dire Stoke City. After Reading we have Man Utd and then Everton so anyone who thinks we are safe and on the up must think again, yes we have had a couple of positive results and some improvement, but the finishing line is some way off yet![/quote]

I agree with most of that, however Villa managed an away win at Sunderland so Lambert may be getting it right. The main thing is that we are improving from some extremely dire results. When we beat a top team that is in form then we can afford to feel smug, but until then I will remain very wary, as you do. As long as Hughton is getting an average point a game, I''m happy.  Lose to Reading though and it will surely be a wake up call for the happy clappers.  [:D]