Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Where did you think we'd be after 5 games of the season?

In your opinion, are we performing above or below expectations after the first 5 games of the season?As a reminder, the fixtures:Fulham - AQPR - HSpurs - AWest Ham - HNewcastle - A

My expectation was around 14th place with 6 points from those opening 5 games - with home wins against QPR and West Ham and little else away from home - maybe a point at Fulham though god knows it''s a tough place for us to go for some reason.3 points and -6 GD isn''t a crisis but it''s short of where I expected us to be.Where did you imagine we would be 5 games in, and what do you think about where we find ourselves?

I would''ve expected 4  points in all honesty. I thought we would win one of our home games for definite, make a mistake and drop points from the second and lose all our away games.

6pts from the two home games maybe 7pts being a bonus... as it stands a dire points haul... as the two teams we played at home were not exactly top 6 material.

5pts.

Cagey draw for first home game, beat West Ham and then nick a point on the road (Most likely today).

If we''d beaten either QPR or West Ham at home, i think we''d have seen todays game for what it was a very good performance which was better than last seasons against them. As it is the fact we havent won and now have three really tough games i think is compounding most fans worry. I''d hope for 7 points would have been happy with 5. A shock result next week against Liverpool and the whole pendulum will swing again.

I thought we''d have between 13-15 points. We are good enough to beat Fulham, QPR, West Ham and Newcastle and I thought we would either draw or beat Tottenham. We have lost Lambert but replaced him with a better more experienced manager and strengthened the squad. Have we ever had a better midfield than the current squad?

But am I downhearted? Not in the slightest. Hughton is still finding his way to do things, the board are magnificent and the players are all young and hungry and I predict we will win the next six games. If you don''t agree with me then that''s fine but don''t call yourself a supporter.

Bottom 3 so we''re ahead of plan.

To have a realistic chance of staying up I think we should have 6 points after the Arsenal game - so beat Liverpool Chelsea or Arsenal and we''re on track!

I was hoping for 5 points with a minimum of 4

Its all about the goals - Norwich Nil more than anything is the worry

i think its all quite predictable.. West Ham are "doing a Norwich" from last season and next year they will be in same position as us and QPR... Norwich will do well to stay above the bottom 3 as all the teams have figured them out now its season 2. But, we look better than QPR, Soton and Reading so im happy!

if that makes sense?!

Top, 5 wins. 22 goals for, 1 against.

But then I was certain Messi was going to sign, very disappointed that Delia didn''t release another book to fund his signing...

Let''s compare our results with last season.            This season                                                                           Last SeasonFulham away  Lose 0 points                                                     Fulham away  Lose 0 points QPR Home Draw 1 point                                                         QPR Home Win  3 points Spurs away Draw 1 Point                                                          Spurs away Draw 1 point West Ham Home 1 Point                                            As we didn''t play them, let''s go for a relegated team Bolton  Lose 0 Points Newcastle lose 0 points                                                            Newcastle lose 0 points     Total  3 points                                                                            Total 4 points                                       Seems to me we''re just about on track with last season and that would be fine by me !                              

[quote user="swindoncanary"]                                                              Let''s compare our results with last season.
            This season                                                                           Last Season
Fulham away  Lose 0 points                                                     Fulham away  Lose 0 points

QPR Home Draw 1 point                                                         QPR Home Win  3 points

Spurs away Draw 1 Point                                                          Spurs away Draw 1 point

West Ham Home 1 Point                                            As we didn''t play them, let''s go for a relegated team Bolton  Lose 0 Points

Newcastle lose 0 points                                                            Newcastle lose 0 points    

Total  3 points                                                                            Total 4 points

Seems to me we''re just about on track with last season and that would be fine by me !                              [/quote]

Other than it was Spurs away win 3 points,  Bolton,  win 3 points giving us a total of 9 points (or maybe 7 if you go for Blackburn instead of Bolton..)

Even forgetting the west ham game we are 4 points down on the same fixtures last year when we beat QPR and Spurs[away]. Looking at the fixtures i had expected 6 points to date and i dont expect much if anything from the next 3 or 4 fixtures  3 pts from 8 games would i suspect leave us rock bottom and a few points from 17th so it will be catch up for the rest of the season after that. In many ways we look better than last season but our goal threat is very limited. That said Butterfield and Kane could yet ride to the rescue. We need to be in touching distance of 17th place by the January window although for the life of me i dont know who we could bring in that will have an ashton like impact

Mate, you seemed to have forgotten one of the greatest matches last season and that was the 2-1 win at Spurs (!!!!)

...how?!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Top, 5 wins. 22 goals for, 1 against.

But then I was certain Messi was going to sign, very disappointed that Delia didn''t release another book to fund his signing...[/quote]If you''re going to try to be funny, please try harder.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Top, 5 wins. 22 goals for, 1 against.

But then I was certain Messi was going to sign, very disappointed that Delia didn''t release another book to fund his signing...[/quote]If you''re going to try to be funny, please try harder.[/quote]
If you''re going to be an arse, go do it elsewhere.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Top, 5 wins. 22 goals for, 1 against.

But then I was certain Messi was going to sign, very disappointed that Delia didn''t release another book to fund his signing...[/quote]If you''re going to try to be funny, please try harder.[/quote]
[/quote]Look, if Chops hadn''t have said it, I would have done. Thus, him going elsewhere would have little effect other than making this forum even more exceedingly boring. It''d be like reading articles written by...well, you, really.

3 points out of 15 is very poor, however we are lucky in that many other teams have fared just as badly or worse. I remember at the beginning of the season that I said we could get 4 points from our first 3 games but feared it could be much worse. It is definitely much worse after 5 games. A win against Liverpool is essential but just as essential is a good attacking performance, after a poor attacking performance at Newcastle IMO. It''s still early days but the trend of failing to get a win does not augur well.

I held no expectations for this season, with the exception of staying up. New manager with a new system, it will be hard for the lads to get used to it.

I was and still am a firm believer in - if we stay 17th-14th throughout the season, and finish 17th, I will be pleased. next season is another adventure.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Top, 5 wins. 22 goals for, 1 against.

I wasn''t trying to be funny...

And your one to talk anyway.

hogesar and Mister Chops, could you please explain why i''m not allowed to post something not completely serious without getting one of you two or a couple of others on my back?

I''m almost certain about half of Mister Chops posts are supposed to be funny or sarcastic, thats fine, I bet you don''t have an issue with him do you hogesar. But I post something that isn''t 100% serious and I get this response. Its quite pathetic, if you don''t like my post, don''t read it please. Its VERY VERY easy, I ignore posts I don''t want like or respond to, don''t know why others find that so hard?

And if you''ve actually ever read any of my posts, you''ll know that I always expect Norwich can/will/should/could win. I thought we''d beat Fulham, thought we''d beat QPR, etc etc. Think we''ll beat Liverpool next week. So no, I was not trying to be funny.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]hogesar and Mister Chops, could you please explain why i''m not allowed to post something not completely serious without getting one of you two or a couple of others on my back?

I''m almost certain about half of Mister Chops posts are supposed to be funny or sarcastic, thats fine, I bet you don''t have an issue with him do you hogesar. But I post something that isn''t 100% serious and I get this response. Its quite pathetic, if you don''t like my post, don''t read it please. Its VERY VERY easy, I ignore posts I don''t want like or respond to, don''t know why others find that so hard?[/quote]You are allowed to post something not completely serious and nobody said otherwise.The idea you, who argues with everybody on almost every thread, would be bothered about having "people on my back" is faintly absurd."if you don''t like my post, don''t read it".  Now that statement is funny, if only for its complete stupidity.

Feel free to mentally unread this post if you don''t like it.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Top, 5 wins. 22 goals for, 1 against.

[/quote]How appropriate that someone with the periodic table in their signature should be suffering from that time of the month.