Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Norwich make bid for Snodgrass

According to sky sports news breaking news.
Excellent, i hope we pull this off, Howson and Johnson should help here! Great signing if this come off

Impossible, a bid just cannot possibly happen while the team and Hugton are in Austria

PS. I hope its true!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Impossible, a bid just cannot possibly happen while the team and Hugton are in Austria

PS. I hope its true!
[/quote]

I''m sure that McNally and Snodgrass''s agent are quite capable of doing any deals whilst the team are in Austria plus I''m sure CH''s phone will work over there.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Impossible, a bid just cannot possibly happen while the team and Hugton are in Austria

PS. I hope its true! [/quote]

I''m sure that McNally and Snodgrass''s agent are quite capable of doing any deals whilst the team are in Austria plus I''m sure CH''s phone will work over there.

[/quote]Ignore him CityAngel, he was being hilarious in relation to a topic earlier where I and a few other people said we were disappointed that pre-season was underway in Austria without any new signings. As I said hilarious guy is hilarious.

In other news:

SkySports are reporting that Norwich have made a bid for Snodgrass from Leeds. I didnt know you had to bid for players from your feeder club

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="H4H"]

But I thought Snodgrass was off to Villa....

[/quote]

He is, McNasty is just putting in bids to up the price!

[/quote]

[:D] [Y]

OTBC

If Lambert wants Snodgrass (as that Fourth_Official guy has said he is set to sign for Villa), then if it comes down to wages there will only be one winner here. Hope it Villa haven''t bid though, very good player imo, if he had a bit more pace he''d be an excellent player. Whoever get''s him, the Leeds fan''s are already getting very angry, they must have been a feeder club.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="H4H"]

But I thought Snodgrass was off to Villa....

[/quote]

He is, McNasty is just putting in bids to up the price!

[/quote]

Mr Brownstone, whats your picture??? (sorry OT)

If we do get him i wouldn''t be surprised to see Andrew Crofts going to Leeds as part of the deal. Crofts to Leeds could happen regardless of whether we get Snoddy or not.

I just switched over to SSN on the tele to confirm.I was greeted with confirmation scrolling in yellow on the bottom of the screen. Right below a live interview with Neil Doncaster about the state of Scottish football.It''s like ten-thousand spoons, when all you need is a knife.......

I''m sure our secret agent Adam Drury will be having a quite word with Snoddy....

Would be a good addition to the squad, but if Leeds are still wanting 8mil for a player with one year left on his contract and no Prem experience?? That''s a hell of a lot of money, I''d think 4.5-5mil.

And I''d love it if we got him ahead of *cough* some one else ;) 

Just got this off Waccoe:Chris Hughton: "We''ll carry on from where Paul left off, what did he do to get this club where it is today?"Norwich board: "Raid LUFC for their best players on the cheap"Chris Hughton: "Done."

Love it [:D]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Just got this off Waccoe:Chris Hughton: "We''ll carry on from where Paul left off, what did he do to get this club where it is today?"Norwich board: "Raid LUFC for their best players on the cheap"Chris Hughton: "Done."

Love it [:D][/quote]Did you have to register to view Waccoe?

Yes i did, but as a guest which means i cant post (probably a good thing), we are hated [:O]But love this entry too:

Leeds United have confirmed they have "reluctantly" accepted a bid from Norwich City for their captain Jonny Howson Robert Snodgrass.The Championship club said that the 23-year-old 24-year-old, whose deal at Elland Road expires in the next summer, had "expressed a desire to play Premier League football at the earliest opportunity".Leeds admitted their disappointment at not being able to secure the former England Under-21 Scotland international on a longer deal."The

club has been in discussions with the player about a new contract at

Elland Road for more than 12 months, but he has been steadfast in his

position that he would like the opportunity to play Premier League

football," said a club statement.

EllandRoad Turnstile ‏@ERTurnstile

BREAKING NEWS: Norwich to make a bid for Leeds United''s ground and training ground. More to follow . .

Maybe we can buy the upper tier from that massive stand they don;t use as a solution to our capacity problem. We will pass on the fans though. not up to our standards

lol, lol and lol. Although I am not sure he is as good as claimed I would still love it if we landed him!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]To my knowledge Leeds United dont own Elland Road and its a dump. Ok I know it was a joke.[/quote]

Do they rent it for a peppercorn from the Council who built them that lovely new stand for free?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]To my knowledge Leeds United dont own Elland Road and its a dump. Ok I know it was a joke.[/quote]

Do they rent it for a peppercorn from the Council who built them that lovely new stand for free?

[/quote]Yes, but it has fine teaching facilities for Leeds Uni.[;)]

First off, I am a bit gutted that Leeds fans are blaming us and are building up a hatred of us for all of this. The reality is that it''s Ken Bates that is orchastrating all of this and not Norwich City FC.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Leeds FC and Leeds fans on the whole, and feel for them as they went through a similar sort of missmanagement as our club went through albeit through different reasons (I don''t think we ever overspent on the playing staff).

If they had sold those players to different teams who would they blame?

In addition to that Johnson wasn''t exactly a regular starter for them and so far as I can see was played all over the place left back, left mid, centre mid etc. I believe many even said that he was over-rated and his contract was allowed to run out. We didn''t raid anyone on that one.

If we get Snoddy a lot of it will be down to Howson and Johnson already being here. We can''t exactly help that either.

I do feel for them. I completely and utterly sympathise with them. I remember the late ''90''s when it felt like any player to play for us that was under 25 and showing an ounce of promise was bought by a premier league team. And in most cases teams that you would feel we were equal to or better than in terms of stature and stereotypical size.

Bellamy went to Coventry, Lee Marshall to Leicester.

Sometimes though this has to happen for the club to progress.

No one is to blame but their current owner and board - not us. What club in the right mind is going to say ''I''m really sorry, we won''t buy your best player because we have already signed to many of your players and we don''t want to be seen to be taking the micky.''? The answer is ''none''.