Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

James Vaughan - An Offer He Couldn't Refuse?

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

On BBC website, Celtic want James Vaughan, almost signed him from Everton before we did. A SOURCE suggest he wouldn''t be able to turn them down?

[/quote]More chance of being struck by lightening.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

On BBC website, Celtic want James Vaughan, almost signed him from Everton before we did. A SOURCE suggest he wouldn''t be able to turn them down?

[/quote]

More chance of being struck by lightening.
[/quote]

Sky have just repeated it Celtic have made a bid to take him on loan

2 words Celtic both ending in OFF.

It does have the ring of rehashed speculation.

With all due respect to our Celtic friends, there is no suggestion even from that quarter that they are flusher with cash, or looking likely to challenge for better things, these days, than an average-to-lowly Prem team like us.

On the contrary, in advance of the next min. 3 old firm-free seasons sadly they appear to be slimming down their wage bill and are at risk of not making the CL.

Ok sorry on loan makes more sense but still, on recent form Vaughan is now challenging for those top 2 striker places for the first time. why would he feel the need to take a sabbatical now?

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[/quote]More chance of being struck by lightening.[/quote]

Sky have just repeated it Celtic have made a bid to take him on loan

2 words Celtic both ending in OFF.

[/quote]Poff off?

Surely he would want to prove himself in the Prem now he seems fit. Can''t see him going anywhere.

See Ryan B comments on Pink Un unlikely to go after this ringing endorsement.

I really really doubt Vaughan will go out on loan.

He still has the potential to be our best striker. I know youngsters are often overrated, but comparisons to Rooney must mean he had some ability. If we have half the player Rooney is in a fully fit Vaughan then were laughing.

He''s made it half way through pre-season without injury so far, i''m hoping to see him bang in another goal or two, and go into the final couple of pre-season games really pushing for a starting place against Fulham on the 18th. He has to have an injury free season at some point. And I know he didn''t score many at Palace, but that was at Palace, how many Premiership goals had Holt scored before playing for us? Or Championship goals for that matter? I don''t really care that much about previous records because all the players we have, have improved so much here.

And also, if Vaughan is going out on loan, where is his replacement?

You telling me, that Hughton thinks Holt, Morison, Jackson and Martin are going to score enough goals? Add in Vaughan to that lot and i''d be happy, add in another striker on top of what we have, i''d be even happier.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]A season long fit Vaughan is an 8 million pound striker.[/quote]And an injured James Vaughan sitting in the treatment room all season is no help to the squad whatsoever , will he stay fit ? his history says no.There just seem to many rumours of him being loaned out for there to be nothing in it , Birmingham, Huddersfield and now Celtic , imo we will offload him and bring in another striker .

Isn''t Football all about winning things ? If he feels that way, he would want to pick up a Scottish Champions Medal for a season loan. 

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[/quote]

Please don''t tell me this SOURCE is someone''s cousin.

Webbo, I was just alerting you lovely peeps to the report about JV. Read it for yourself and decide who the source might be. Two things though, no smoke without fire & strong links between Everton and Scottish football.

The way he''s playing he''s the first name on the team sheet along with John Ruddy! FO Celtic!

We have been waiting for around a year for him to string some games together and show this kind of form which everyone knows he is capable of. To let him go when we (fingers crossed) on the cusp of benefiting from that would be absolute madness.

We have to give him a chance to prove himself in the Prem. I also have doubts about him remaining fit for very long but he is a lot better than some alternatives we have.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Webbo, I was just alerting you lovely peeps to the report about JV. Read it for yourself and decide who the source might be. Two things though, no smoke without fire & strong links between Everton and Scottish football.[/quote]

There are plenty of rumours that are no where near true, so no smoke without fire is a load of rubbish. And he''s not at Everton. If he was close to joining Celtic from them, the he chose us instead, why would he now want to go to Celtic. I''ll answer for you,he wouldn''t. And why would we want him too? I''ll answer that, we wouldn''t....

If Hughton plays a five midfield with one striker it could be Vaughan will start the season on the bench. If he doesn''t get much game time it could be that he wants to get some games in, and going on loan would be the answer. Not saying I want that to happen because I don''t, but I have a feeling if we''re going to play one up front it won''t be Vaughan. 

This would be unbelievable if we allow him to go out on loan, as others have mentioned there is no benefit to us whatsoever. He is finally having a run of games and doing well, he has the potential to be our best striker this year, if Hughton lets him go, that will be the first mark against his name in my book.

Would be a completely pointless and counter-productive decision to allow Vaughan to go on loan ANYWHERE as we gain nothing by doing it and instead lose a strong option upfront.Unless CH has 2-3 top strikers lined up this would a terrible decision.

He''s scoring goals at the moment, what on earth would be the point in letting him go on loan...? Unles CH has a great signing lined up, but that does not seem the case. Do not understand this at all...

As with everyone else, it would be stupid to let him go. He has bags of talent, just unfortunate with injuries and he has been showing in pre-season his quality. If he were to go, which I do doubt, but if he did, then we had better have someone else lined up already to replace him.

This is a very big season for James and he is showing glimpses of what he is capable of, I hope he stays injury free and scores loads of goals in a Yellow shirt!