Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

John Terry you Pr***

Right that''s it then. Our tactic for next season. 10 men defence against their attack until they get totally shagged out, boot the ball up to Grant for a tap in. Superb. Can''t fail. Or can it? ,,,

Must say I did enjoy that 2nd half though. I didn''t really care who won, so as a pure exercise in one side going hammer & tongs in attack & the other desperately hanging on, it was pretty entertaining stuff.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

My God, that was astounding.

Credit Di Matteo and Chelsea.

Respect due!

OTBC

[/quote]Got to agree BBB....they pulled that one out of the bag against all the odds.....wish I''d had a fiver on that one!

Barca - no idea after Plan A failed as they had no Plan B.Manager changed nothing - Lambert is a better ManagerBarca got what they desrerved - nothing

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Chopsy - Gingerpele was so right......

[/quote]Pffft.  A free run from the halfway line.  I repeat, I could have scored that.

I''m pleased for Torres even though defensively he was almost costing Chelsea the tie. He''s had a soul destroying time but has never hidden, complained or let his head drop.

[quote user="Xavi- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]I really dislike Barcelona. For hugely talented players i don''t think i''ve ever seen a group of whining, moaning, divers.[/quote]

this

Why is Geoff Shreeves so determined to piss on Chelsea''s pickle? Anyway I''m really pleased that plucky little Chelsea have managed to park their modestly assembled team in front of goal for 180 minutes to beat big spending Barcelona. They are a credit to (the Blue Square Premier League) English football. If only Barca had the brilliant Plan B that Chelsea did (get Fernando Torres to play so badly for the past year that nobody bothers to mark him) they would have won.[:-*] I''m actually quite pleased for Torres but don''t tell anyone [:-*]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I f*cking hate Chelsea.

I hate John Terry, I hate Didier Drogba and the way that if you breathe on him he will act like he''s been bludgeoned with a baseball bat.  I hate fat Frank Lampard, I hate Petr Cech and his ridiculous gimp mask, I hate Fernando Torres and his 1980''s curtains, I hate Kalou because he''s f*cking hopeless, and I hate their arrogant fat f*cking arsehole fans and their piss-stinking ground.

[/quote]

Come on, fess up Chops. You''ve had your conjugal rights taken away currently, right?

Extraordinary match.  Gary Neville should probably turn his microphone off when doing that though.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Right that''s it then. Our tactic for next season. 10 men defence against their attack until they get totally shagged out, boot the ball up to Grant for a tap in. Superb. Can''t fail. Or can it? ,,, Must say I did enjoy that 2nd half though. I didn''t really care who won, so as a pure exercise in one side going hammer & tongs in attack & the other desperately hanging on, it was pretty entertaining stuff.[/quote]

That sounds a rather familiar tactic.  Lambert should grill Mr Foreman on it[;)]

Poor old "fat" Frank-leaner, trimmer and fitter than 99.9% of football fans and he still gets it!

I''m glad Chelsea won. I know Barcelona play astonishing football-when they are able-but I am fed up with the love fest surrounding them, the fact that if you don''t support them, want them to win, else champion them from the rooftops then, for some reason, you can''t like football, or are the anti-fan.

Chelsea did a job on them-a tactically excellent one and Guardiola had no reply. So, rather than adapting their game to counter Chelsea''s tactics, they cry "foul" and look for sympathy, I''m surprised they haven''t appealed against the result! What are teams like Chelsea meant to do when they play them-roll over and die to keep the purists happy? It feels that way sometimes.

It isn''t pretty but it worked. Well done di Matteo-if he doesn''t get the job there full time now, well....still, Grant got them to a final as well, the fact they lost it was enough to see him out of a job. Suspect the same will happen to Di Matteo if they fail to beat Real Madrid/Bayern Munich.

I look forward to seeing Chelsea lose in the final. That will be much better than seeing them lose in a semi-final.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Chelsea did a job on them-a tactically excellent one and Guardiola had no reply. So, rather than adapting their game to counter Chelsea''s tactics, they cry "foul" and look for sympathy, I''m surprised they haven''t appealed against the result! What are teams like Chelsea meant to do when they play them-roll over and die to keep the purists happy? It feels that way sometimes.

[/quote]

The only problem I have with this is that Chelsea have one of the most expensively assembled squads in the world. Adopting the sort of tactics that you would expect from a League Two side drawn against a Premier League side in the FA Cup is a little embarassing. You ask what are they meant to do well how Roman Abramovic uses his collosal wealth to create a side who can compete with Barca by actually playing football.

I''m no Barca fanboy but I do enjoy watching them play and just feel that it is a bit of a shame that they''ve been knocked out by a team who have barely attempted an attack in 180 minutes of football. Whether you find them a joy to watch or boring (as some people bizzarely do) there is no doubting that they are one of the best European sides of all time. They are probably past their absolute peak now (I suspect as a result of tiredness as much as anything else. The Spanish players in particular seem to have been playing almost solidly for four years now without much of a break) but it would be nice to see them knocked off their perch by an up an coming young team playing attacking football. Instead they have been stopped by a team that itself is way past it''s best which I suppose is a nice story in it''s own way. It seems to me like a victory for short termism and pretty much everything that is wrong with modern day football. I guess what I''m trying to say in a rambling kind of way is that I just don''t like Chelsea very much [;)]

But Shack, isn''t that the beauty of football? The ''little'' Club turning over one of the big boys, in a backs to the wall performance, culminating in a breakaway goal? We''ve seen it countless times over the years, it''s just this time it was in a Champions League Semi!

yes.. well done to a team we normally despise on a staurdy for reaching the final of the biggest Joke competition in the world.... the rich will get richer whilst the likes of Norwich get cut further adrift...everyone goes on about an English side winning the "champions" league, yet when they do its another nail in the coffin of the game in this country.sod Barcelona, sod chelsea and sod the mickey mouse euro "tournament" oh for another Red star Belgrade

Didnt the best player in the world miss a penalty? - Bloomin heck Chopsy would have buried that!! that miss had nothing to do with the tactics adopted by Chelsea, I love watching Barca play but they are human, they make mistakes, they can be beaten, people forget how close Arsenal came to knocking them out of the ECL. I am sure playing with ten men for the best part of the game had a lot to do with the tactic adopted by Chelsea, much as I dislike JT never a red card in a million years.....

[quote user="crabbycanary"]But Shack, isn''t that the beauty of football? The ''little'' Club turning over one of the big boys, in a backs to the wall performance, culminating in a breakaway goal? We''ve seen it countless times over the years, it''s just this time it was in a Champions League Semi![/quote]

You''ve sort of missed my point. Chelsea are not a little club overcoming seemingly insurmountable odds to beat one of the big boys. They have one of the most expensively assembled squads in Europe. If Apoel Nicosia had knocked out Barcelona in that fashion I would be delighted.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]But Shack, isn''t that the beauty of football? The ''little'' Club turning over one of the big boys, in a backs to the wall performance, culminating in a breakaway goal? We''ve seen it countless times over the years, it''s just this time it was in a Champions League Semi![/quote]

You''ve sort of missed my point. Chelsea are not a little club overcoming seemingly insurmountable odds to beat one of the big boys. They have one of the most expensively assembled squads in Europe. If Apoel Nicosia had knocked out Barcelona in that fashion I would be delighted.

[/quote]agreed.since ity became the champions league its killed any hope of a smaller side winning. See my comment above and red star Belgrade

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]agreed.since ity became the champions league its killed any hope of a smaller side winning. See my comment above and red star Belgrade

I do see what you are saying Shack, it was more of the scenario (which we have seen at all levels of football)I was referring to. It was a great game to watch from the backs to the wall aspect (I am not a fan of Chelsea, and even me being English, I would think it a farce if Chelsea were to actually win the bloody thing).

Good points Shack (said Shuck) -and agree.

I would have loved to see Chelsea play a 4-3-3 last night or even a 4-2-4 and really have a go at them from the off. It would have been entertaining, there would have been several goals and everyone would have been happy.

Until the fear and stigma of losing is lessened,thats not going to happen. Too many clubs set themselves out to not lose rather than to win. Because losing is bad! Losing can mean loss of revenue, players, a Manager-it might also mean that players you want won''t come in, it certainly means you don''t have the income that you might have had.,

Would financial parity remove some of the fear of losing and encourage more open play with teams set on playing to win because if they do=great, if they don''t, no disaster, another day, another game.

Of course, fans might never accept that-just win is our mantra. Liverpool on Saturday- 1-0 win, scrappy, uneventful and tedious-or 5-4 defeat, wonderful game, free flowing football, plaudits all round..I''ll take the scrappy win please-and that reliance and need for victory, for results over art and an end product rather than an all round experience-that bothers me. Is winning what is spoiling the game, the overriding need to, come what may? Is it ruining sport, has it become too much of an obsession, tail wagging dog, end greater than means, too important?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I would have loved to see Chelsea play a 4-3-3 last night or even a 4-2-4 and really have a go at them from the off. It would have been entertaining, there would have been several goals and everyone would have been happy.

Until the fear and stigma of losing is lessened,thats not going to happen. Too many clubs set themselves out to not lose rather than to win. Because losing is bad! Losing can mean loss of revenue, players, a Manager-it might also mean that players you want won''t come in, it certainly means you don''t have the income that you might have had.,

Would financial parity remove some of the fear of losing and encourage more open play with teams set on playing to win because if they do=great, if they don''t, no disaster, another day, another game.

Of course, fans might never accept that-just win is our mantra. Liverpool on Saturday- 1-0 win, scrappy, uneventful and tedious-or 5-4 defeat, wonderful game, free flowing football, plaudits all round..I''ll take the scrappy win please-and that reliance and need for victory, for results over art and an end product rather than an all round experience-that bothers me. Is winning what is spoiling the game, the overriding need to, come what may? Is it ruining sport, has it become too much of an obsession, tail wagging dog, end greater than means, too important?

[/quote]

There WERE several goals last night.................

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

There WERE several goals last night.................

OTBC

[/quote]

.....and still not everyone''s happy.