Sign in to follow this  
Herman

MOTD

On 5th tonight,

Gary Lineker@GaryLineker

MOTD running order: New/ManC, ManU/Swa, Bol/WBA, QPR/Sto, Ars/Nor, AV/Tot, Ful/Sun, Wol/Eve plus great goal of the month BBC1 10.25

I presume goal of the month will be one against us[:S]

[quote user="Herman "]

On 5th tonight,

Gary Lineker@GaryLineker

MOTD running order: New/ManC, ManU/Swa, Bol/WBA, QPR/Sto, Ars/Nor, AV/Tot, Ful/Sun, Wol/Eve plus great goal of the month BBC1 10.25

[/quote] Unless it includes Papiss'' goal the other night?

Why the big fuss about when we are on? Usually games played the previous day are on last.

[quote user="thenorthstand"][quote user="Herman "]

On 5th tonight,

Gary Lineker@GaryLineker

[/quote] Unless it includes Papiss'' goal the other night?[/quote]

Still haven''t seen that one,so might not avoid it.

Not shown in the running order at the beginning of the programme....no managerial interviews afterwards.......it was almost as if it never happened, let alone mattered......tiresome.......but astonished that they felt it prudent to show it before the thriller at Molineux......

3 of the prospective goals of the month were scored against us too. Aguero, Hoilett and Suarez.

All good goals. I think the fact three of the goals of the month were scored against us speaks more about our defensive capabilities than MOTD''s bias!

As said above - title race and relegation battle games on before us. Plus we were the day before. And, whilst there hadn''t been a MOTD on the day before this week, they probably quite rightly assumed that most people will have seen highlights at least/discussed the talking points of the game elsewhere. Who hadn''t already seen highlights, or at least read articles (available on the BBC sports site) discussing the game on the Saturday evening/Sunday day time?

Of course, I could just be making it up and actually the BBC hate us. I wonder how the last 6 teams felt, knowing that they weren''t even seen as being as important as a game that had been played before. But obviously the Beeb is only biased against us, not anyone else :/

[quote user="TheJarrold"]As usual our game rushed past.....BBC bias in evidence again![/quote]

The BBC hate Norwich, if they could they''d get rid of us altogether. In fact I heard Lawro has had a meeting with the PM to see if he can remove Norwich from the UK.

Due to time constraints and the fact we weren''t the most important game this weekend,i thought we got a good showing.If our game was a couple of months ago it may have been top billing due to it''s excitement.

I''ve quite enjoyed being on MOTD this season,better than last time,and think we have had a decent amount of time on us.The BBC aren''t biased,they just know that we aren''t the most important club in the league.

[quote user="Smokebomb"]Wonder if they will show the ferocious and deliberate surgically executed leg breaking tackle[:S]
[/quote]

[:D]

Really can''t beleive that Ruddy''s save wasn''t a hightlight?? 

Personally think some people on this board need to get a prespective on the club we support and the BBC in Norfolk we are a well supported club contry wise we are not, even Sheff Weds in League 1 attracted 38000. sorry but it''s a fact.

Right I''m now off to build shelter.

Sheff Weds got 38,000 for one game.... And 36,000 for the derby.

The rest between 18-22,000. I''m sure for last game of the season, about to secure promotion we would get a lot higher attendance, same for Ipswich game.

I think The Great Drinkell''s point was more to suggest that we aren''t the most important club in the world, as some on here seem to think we are. Whilst obviously Sheff Wed don''t feature in MOTD, there are plenty of bigger clubs than us around. Just because we aren''t first billing every single week on MOTD doesn''t mean the BBC hate us, it just means that for most of this season we''ve been the same as the other 10 or so midtable teams who move around the billings regularly.

We all want to see more highlights, of course, but MOTD is showing to a lot more fans than just Norwich fans. And, as a fan, you want to see your own team, and then you want to see the talking point games - the top of the league clashes, the relegation battles. Not a mid-table game that doesn''t really affect anyone; that''s what we''ve been for the majority of the season, yet instead of acknowledging that, many people seem to think there is a conspiracy against us. (I know, Gingerpele, you have very similar views to me on this, I''m not suggesting it''s you, but I believe that was the point the Great Drinkell was trying to make, rather than a direct comparison between our attendances).

I get your point about us not being the most important club in th ''world''......but it''s the most important club in the world to us!

The constant passing-by of our games by the BBC must be more than plain coincidence and not down to supporters so-called paranoia. FFS....our game wasn''t even part of the main programme last night, it looked like Lineker recorded it the day before on his own so The others didn''t even want/get to comment on the game!

I look forward to next season when we can hopefully cause some further upsets to the ''big clubs'' and annoy the hell out of some pundits.

It''s a bit of a crepe comparison though.  To compare us against League One Sheff Wed who attracted 38,000.  Was 38,000 a sell out for Sheff Weds?  How many sell outs have we had over the last 3 seasons?[:^)]

Our stadiums have different capacities, ours not even 30,000.  It is impossible for us to have a 38,000 attendance, even if there were 40,000 people after tickets.

Sheffield Wednesday''s stadium has a higher capacity than ours, what else is there to say?[:^)]

My actual original point was disbelief that Ruddy''s save wasn''t shown.

The other point I was trying to make is countrywide how important are we for viewing figures? I actually think we have had better coverage than teams like Stoke this season generally?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

My actual original point was disbelief that Ruddy''s save wasn''t shown.

The other point I was trying to make is countrywide how important are we for viewing figures? I actually think we have had better coverage than teams like Stoke this season generally?

[/quote]I think when you play football like Stoke City, even your own fans don''t want to see the highlights again.

[quote user="87canary"]Goals on Sunday > MOTD.[/quote]

Yes Goals on Sunday for me too,always get a much better coverage and Cammy and Ben know how to attract the right guests too

[quote user="TheJarrold"]I get your point about us not being the most important club in th ''world''......but it''s the most important club in the world to us!

The constant passing-by of our games by the BBC must be more than plain coincidence and not down to supporters so-called paranoia. FFS....our game wasn''t even part of the main programme last night, it looked like Lineker recorded it the day before on his own so The others didn''t even want/get to comment on the game!

I look forward to next season when we can hopefully cause some further upsets to the ''big clubs'' and annoy the hell out of some pundits.[/quote]

You''re correct, TheJarrold, it is no coincidence that the BBC (Brussels Broadcasting Corporation) doesn''t like us - it''s a Left-wing organisation and though Labour is the largest Party in the City, Norfolk is mainly Conservative.

The simple fact is that Arsenal v Norwich was THE most entertaining game of the weekend. I read the comments of many neutral observers over the weekend who went as far to say that it was one of the best games all season. So it wasn''t just Norwich fans who missed out, but fans of football in general.

Going by MOTD''s usual criteria, the game with the highest number of goals is shown first or second. The fact that it was the first match over the weekend gave it a valid reason to be shown first.

The game had a massive bearing on the chase for Champions League places, hence its importance.

Whichever way you choose to look at it, they skipped over the match, showing no interviews, few comments, with Dixon leaving a parting shot about the standard of defending.

The sooner BBC loses the privilege of showing Premier League football, the better........

Some of the posts on this thread border on the insane. It was always going to be the case to the general viewer that our match would be less important than either of the Manchester games and the relegation scrap with the QPR and Bolton games - particularly given how the games went. That we were next on was actually pretty good, given that the game was played the previous day.

If anyone thinks the non-sky coverage on the only realistic alternative, itv, would be any better for us they need their head seeing to - a 90 minute programme would by definition only have c75 minutes coverage when adverts are removed, so factor in the pundit guff and you''d barely have time to see the goals.

The fact is, they do seem to try to mix it up to show the better games first and being the new kids on the block, we may have had better coverage than the likes of WBA, Fulham et al. I don''t recall us being on last too often, but we will probably slip lower down the running list next season as we aren''t ''fresh'', that will be Reading/ Saints.

[quote user="unique"]

The sooner BBC loses the privilege of showing Premier League football, the better........[/quote]Couldnt agree more - If only ITV were given it. They would do a far better job [Y]Our game was never going to feature heavily as it was on the day before - In the same way that earlier in the season when a couple of matches were on Tuesday and loads were on Wednesday, Wednesdays match of the day barely showed any highlights for the Tuesday game. And considering we always complain about MOTD overlooking us in favour of the big teams, you only need to remember who were the opposition to recognise the paranoia that seems to have gripped our support in relation to the media.

This week has nothing to do with parochial support. Football is about entertainment as much as anything else - the Arsenal game was far and away the most entertaining game of the weekend, and should have been given billing accordingly.

Believe it or not, there are a large number of football fans who do not have the luxury of Sky and therefore have to rely on the BBC to represent the PL.

I would rather endure Adrian Childs, Andy Townsend, adverts,or the occasional blackout if it meant never having to watch Lineker, Shearer, Hansen or Lawrenson ever present another football programme ever again........

I don''t have Sky, never have and never will. But Itv coverage of football is dire/one-sided: it would almost always concentrate on the big clubs and we''d get less than we do now. Like it or not, MOTD does seem to show matches in ''how good the game was'' order. The weekend was unusual in that a) our game was on Sat, and b) title and relegation issues were high on the agenda: it is not difficult to see why the games were shown in the order they were, unless you can''t see the bigger picture.