Sign in to follow this  
Herman

MOTD

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="unique"]

The sooner BBC loses the privilege of showing Premier League football, the better........[/quote]Couldnt agree more - If only ITV were given it. They would do a far better job [Y][/quote]Reading this back - Appreciate sarcasm isnt obvious on the internet, but when ITV had the rights to saturday night highlights they were terrible. Pretty much everyone was glad to have MOTD back.Unique - From that perspective I agree, but precedent is that games played the day/night before dont really get featured, I was surprised we had highlights above and beyond the goals to be honest. I would imagine the lack of analysis/interviews was due to everyone having had the chance to read their sunday paper.

I was a little disappointed that we didn''t get the goals shown on Sat (could they not merge MOTD with the League goals when there is an odd game?) but in reality it was no different to how things normally are: we were playing one of the big guys after all, so can''t really argue we were hard done by.

Thing is, anyone with net access can see the goals if they look- I saw 37min of highlights on YouTube, well before MOTD.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="TheJarrold"]I get your point about us not being the most important club in th ''world''......but it''s the most important club in the world to us!

The constant passing-by of our games by the BBC must be more than plain coincidence and not down to supporters so-called paranoia. FFS....our game wasn''t even part of the main programme last night, it looked like Lineker recorded it the day before on his own so The others didn''t even want/get to comment on the game!

I look forward to next season when we can hopefully cause some further upsets to the ''big clubs'' and annoy the hell out of some pundits.[/quote]

You''re correct, TheJarrold, it is no coincidence that the BBC (Brussels Broadcasting Corporation) doesn''t like us - it''s a Left-wing organisation and though Labour is the largest Party in the City, Norfolk is mainly Conservative. [/quote]

"Left-wing" with programmes like The Apprentice on? Really??! Can''t say i agree with you.

I''ve completely lost track of how serious people are about this apparent "bias". 

Are the comments above tongue-in-cheek? Or do people seriously think that Linekar et al. (who btw probably don''t even choose the order of the games) are trying to "phase out" our team?