Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Nobody angered about Holt's Stupid double Yellow?

What an Idiot. He scored 1 brilliant goal, and just hit the penalty down the middle (nervous penalties) but gets himself 1 silly yellow, and his tackle was awful!

Then the crowd clap him as he leaves the field. Putting the team under extra pressure for the final 10 minutes ish!

to say he was stupid is an understatement!!! He never needed to tackle in that situation but he sometimes loses his cool and thats now a hat trick of sendings off in each division for him playing for us now!! I actually said before the game today to my father he is a red card waiting to happen sometimes!!

It was a rash challenge at a pivotal time. Obviously he is captain fantastic. But I think te squads work ethic and quality of depth means we won''t miss him too much.

Nana, if we had lost maybe, but we didn''t so a little controv to follow here.  Holty was leading from the front and putting in the effort that had been lacking last week at the Toon.  We will have to continue to put it up ''em (the big six that is) over the rest of the season if we are to continue to pick up points.  The game at the Toon showed we cannot beat the better teams by trying to out play them at their place - we have to rough them up a bit too, and we failed to do that at the Toon. 

Our midfield will not be able to put the wind up too many other midfields and that is why it is essential that Holt doesn''t try to to change his game too much.  Only Bennett looks capable of doing likewise in my opinion.  Yep its a gamble, but in my view now we are safe one worth taking.  It will be interesting to see how we do against Fulham without Holty, I assume Morisson will start so really want to see him give change his game a little next week to target their back line. 

His goals won us the game, so forgive me for not reaching for my pitchfork. As for his first "silly" yellow Banana, maybe you can tell me what he did/said?

For what he''s done for City I bow down to the man, he has my total respect...not anger. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/king-033.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

What an Idiot. He scored 1 brilliant goal, and just hit the penalty down the middle (nervous penalties) but gets himself 1 silly yellow, and his tackle was awful!

Then the crowd clap him as he leaves the field. Putting the team under extra pressure for the final 10 minutes ish!

[/quote]How long before banana''s tend to `go-off`? You''ve been on this forum for three fucking years, is it not about time we threw you out?1) Yes, he did score a brilliant goal2) It was an assured penalty, are you saying all penalties hit down the middle are `nervous` penalties? Are you a fucking deluded bellend or do you genuinly believe the tripe you come out with?3) His tackle was not awful - and please enlighten me exactly what you''re trying to achieve.4) I clapped and sung his name as he left the field. He is our captain and he was showing pure determination to win the ball back, and scored both our goals.Now kindly fuck off and support Ipswich.I''ve had enough of our fucking self-righteous fans groaning when we''re simply keeping posession of the ball. One misplaced pass and we''re on players backs. Morison comes on and because he doesn''t chase a lost cause i hear abusive shouts dotted around the stand. We''re 11th in the fucking premiership. Gain a bit of perspective for once.

Yep, as an isolated incident it was stupid and unnecessary, more so the original yellow,  But I think we have to accept it as an ''occupational hazard''. He gets away with far more than he gets caught for. I''d prefer him not to do some of the stuff he does but when you look how we got caught out in the first few games then maybe it''s just a case of us adapting to what the rest do. He may not have started against Fulham so who knows, other than he scored a stunning goal so we''ll have to take what we got and reflect on having the current second highest English goalscorer in the Premier League. Not that bad, is it ?

OMG Nana has said something bad about Grant Holt, I can see the mob descending on his house as we speak. Yes Holt scored both goals today and yes he is awsome...however he is not beyond reproach and he should not have got either booking and he put his team mates under unneccesary presure, I have said it before and will say it again it is the side of his game that needs sorting out. And please read what a poster posts, where did Nana say anything about selling Holt, all he was saying was he was angry at Holt for getting sent off and I for one agree with him, we need Holt on the pitch not serving totally avoidable suspensions....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]OMG Nana has said something bad about Grant Holt, I can see the mob descending on his house as we speak. Yes Holt scored both goals today and yes he is awsome...however he is not beyond reproach and he should not have got either booking and he put his team mates under unneccesary presure, I have said it before and will say it again it is the side of his game that needs sorting out. And please read what a poster posts, where did Nana say anything about selling Holt, all he was saying was he was angry at Holt for getting sent off and I for one agree with him, we need Holt on the pitch not serving totally avoidable suspensions....[/quote]The mob tends to descend on people that post 95% bullshit.It''s part of Holts game. He''ll pick up the odd sending off because he wont shy away from a situation where he believes he can win the ball. It''s part of his 100% effort he gives to each game, and without him we wouldn''t even have been in a situation to hold onto a 2-1 lead so i think people are being incredibly unfair.

Scores both goals, wins the match for us, but trust nana to take the negative view.  Even manages to find something wrong with the penalty - nervous? - my backside.    

And Holt got sent off?   It happens!    No need to throw a hissy fit about it.     We can allow occasional  misdemeanours from our top man, surely - and we have other strikers who can step up.   

Enjoy the team, the whole team and nothing but the team!

Nope.Scored 2 goals which won us the game, was just very keen to win the ball back for his team.stop moaning.

Morison has scored 9 goals for us in the Prem, some of them very important, has not stopped some on here being not just unfair but downright malicious, so the "unfair" comment is laughable, I think Holt is awesome but today I think he is a total numpty for getting himself sent off for two avoidable yellow cards and consequently making it hard for his team mates....

Sorry but if your knocking holty then you just don''t understand his game. It''s part of his make up. Plus the guy scored both goals? You can''t knock a player for hitting it down the middle. So what? As long as he scores . Don''t you about you but he is one of the vest penalty takers I''ve seen in a city shirt. Up there with big Carl bradshaw!

I admit I was (and am) still slightly annoyed by Holt''s sending off, I think him diving in was a little reckless and maybe he should''ve thought it through a little more.However, Holt scored two goals today and was generally excellent. Holt has played for Norwich for almost three utterly fantastic seasons. People should understand by now that one of Holt''s greatest strengths is his ability to defend from the front, and if he feels he can win the ball he''s going to go for it regardless. Holt''s style of play has seen him score goals in the third, second and first division of football, why should he feel inclined to change?Also if Holt hadn''t got booked how many of us would be sitting here talking about ''typical Holt'', we all enjoy watching Holt play the way he does, this is just the price you sometimes have to pay.

It was a red mist moment and reckless because he was on a yellow already. I didn''t see the first yellow but understand it was soft, however, the tackle was a booking and I don''t know why the Wolves player was booed.

Having said that, while Hoolahan was my MoTM the difference today was Holt because no one else looks like scoring these days. As for the penalty, I was hoping he would hit it straight and hard because he always seems to go to the keeper''s right and the keeper was always likely to gamble on that. Sometimes straight and hard is the best way. He can do no better than score though.

From where I was standing I have no complaints about the first yellow, he''d taken a fair amount of physical stick from the Wolves back 4 and was getting a bit wound up and definitely threw an elbow. He was probably quite fortunate that the Wolves player clattered him. I actually thought he played the ball for the 2nd one, but being on a yellow it was always going to be a risky challenge with Clattenberg on the whistle.

Wouldn''t change him for the world though, it''s part of his game, the same game that won us the 3 points today that virtually guarantees that we will be playing Premier League football next season.

Just watching the highlights on Football First and I''m not entirely sure how you can book two players for one incident. Why did we get the free kick yet Holt also got a yellow card?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Just watching the highlights on Football First and I''m not entirely sure how you can book two players for one incident. Why did we get the free kick yet Holt also got a yellow card?[/quote]His second yellow was ridiculous though. Nothing to do with passion or effort and everything to do with petulance. Let his team mates down there.

Can you lot not see what Banana is doing?

Banana craves the attention of a child who doesn''t get it at home so comes on here and attempts to wind everyone up on here. It doesn''t work on me because I deal with enough children like him on a weekly basis.

Why do you think when asked why Elliot Bennett is his best signing he replies with ''I don''t know I just thought I''d pick him''? Banana''s posts are always intentionally inflammatory because that''s what he wants them to be, I doubt for one 2nd he is of the opinion people should be angered by Holt''s red card but he knows it will provoke people.

He''s the equivalent of the child at my work who grabs his own s**t from the toilet and writes his name on the wall with his sh*tty fingers, attention seeking at its highest possible form.

In answer to your question poo finger no I''m not angered by Holt''s actions today because if he didn''t have that edge to his game he wouldn''t be half as successful as he has been. Yes he''s gone a little bit too far today but its that level of passion and commitment which is why he is the captain of NCFC.

Why would I be angered by someone who has contributed so much to the cause in the last 2 and half years? Use some intelligence poo finger!!!

All I see was a player trying to win the ball back after his pass lost possession in a promising area.

Forget he dives its part of his game.

But that challenge was a foul but not a yellow card. The wolves player was in his own half going nowhere.

No one this season can criticise grant holt if you do then shame on you seriously. Now the other strikers have the chance to step up to the mark

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "] 

In answer to your question poo finger no I''m not angered by Holt''s actions today because if he didn''t have that edge to his game he wouldn''t be half as successful as he has been. Yes he''s gone a little bit too far today but its that level of passion and commitment which is why he is the captain of NCFC.[/quote]Sorry but this argument is absolute crap. It''s the same one that people have been using to defend Wayne Rooney for years. Do we really believe that either Holt or Rooney would be that much poorer if they didn''t make the occasional reckless tackle that got them booked or sent off? Grant Holt is a lot better than the battering ram that the media (and an alarming number of NCFC fans) are keen to paint him as. Condoning his red card today shows a lack of belief in his true ability.

The ref seemed to have it in for Grant from the beginning with two or three fouls against him for backing into offences that were not particularly bad.

The first booking was "soft." The second correct. I got the impression that the referee was delighted to produce the red card, such is the great man''s reputation.

Holt had done his bit with knobs on and a terrific penalty it was to boot.

No bones broken, Grant gets a rest so maybe we''ll see some of Vaughan now that safety is totally assured.

Completely agree Wizard.  When you give your all for something, now and again you''re going to go beyond the boundary.  Would not change him for the world.  Holt for England!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Just watching the highlights on Football First and I''m not entirely sure how you can book two players for one incident. Why did we get the free kick yet Holt also got a yellow card?[/quote]Dissent?

That was a penalty taken by a player full of confidence and who will probably get another 4-6 goals for us by the end of the season.

Clearly knew what he wanted to from the off and struck the ball with power and conviction. Was never going to miss.

As for the sending off-well, there are sendings offs and sending offs. A "stupid" red card is elbowing someone, going in with studs up, pushing another player over, abusing the ref, taking your shirt off to celebrate a goal when you''re on a yellow card, that sort of thing. An attempt to win the ball, lead by example, up the tempo with a big tackle that was just that-a tackle-thats gets an unwarranted  yellow card is not a stupid one and the Wolves player made the most of it by staying down. Holty deserved his applause as he went off and then some.