Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Ward getting booed by our own fans

Got a couple of texts from people at the game, and some Fulham fan has just told me on Twitter, that our fans are booing whenever Ward gets the ball? I had just thought it was Fulham fans cos he injured Pogrebnyak, but apparently it''s definitely from the away end. Now listening whenever Ward gets the ball and its a clear as day, booed everytime he touches it!IF it is Norwich fans, like everyone seems to be saying, then that''s a fucking disgrace! [:@]

Apparently it definitely is Fulham fans. Panic over, sorry for the rant. I would have been very surprised if it was Norwich fans...Better second half please....

Think I was just cross by the first half  performance, I took this even more angrily! I was pretty sure it was Fulham fans for injuring Pog but I got doubt when people were telling me it was us. [:$]Thread over. [:$]

No different to when Fans started chanting ''Ruddy, Ruddy, Ruddy'' when Ward and Ruddy were getting into an arguement when we played Wolves at home.

Fans are turning on Ward....Coz'' he is *

but people can get on Morisons back as soon as he runs out!!! its pathetic how our so called fans turn on our own players at times!!

Well surprise surprise. Another game another thread by our supporters complaining about our supporters.

Hang on! I''m complaining about our supporters complaining about our supporters .... oh ffs

Might have seemed like it from a distance because near where we were sitting in the neutral area next to the away fans,it was a bit of a mix. Definitely Fulham fans for what he did to Pomegranate.

I thought the support was superb yesterday. Inevitably there was some disquiet about a pretty awful first half performance, but we still kept singing, and when the lads got a charge on later in the game the noise levels were tremendous.

Ward was booked after around 20 minutes or so for a nothing tackle, slightly mistimed, their player got up straight away and the ref got a card out much to everyone’s surprise. After that the ref just got worse.

A few minutes later Ward went in for a tackle with their No7, Pogrebnyak, looked a 50/50 to me nothing in it from both players but Pogrebnyak stayed down. My first impression was that he was looking to get Ward sent off but he’d taken a knock. Hence the booing.

Overall I thought the ref was very poor, inconsistent, fell for all their play acting and at the end then somehow failed to send Etuhu off for an assault on Russell Martin, after he’s been booked for an awful tackle on Wes only a few minutes earlier.

The one on Wes looked a leg breaker, reminded me of an awful tackle Etuhu tried on his City debut vs Luton when he’d been having a running battle with Kevin Nicholls and went in on him with only one think on his mind. Luckily for Nicholls it looked as if he had the same idea and they just bounced off each other.

[quote user="baldyboy"]but people can get on Morisons back as soon as he runs out!!! its pathetic how our so called fans turn on our own players at times!!
[/quote]

No-one was getting on any players back Baldy mate. I was in the neutral area and the fans who booed Ward were in the Johnny Haynes stand. It was NOT Norwich fans. End of.

Ward had to do the same difficult job as last week in the middle of a 3 man defence. Lambert obviously feels he is the best defender for that role. Feel it should have been him and not Zak that got subbed though as was sure he''d end up getting booked again. Relieved he didn''t get the 2nd booking.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Never boo our own players, but out of the current squad he is one that I would![/quote]Morison

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Never boo our own players, but out of the current squad he is one that I would![/quote]

Sums you up perfectly doesn''t it?

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Ward had to do the same difficult job as last week in the middle of a 3 man defence. Lambert obviously feels he is the best defender for that role.

Feel it should have been him and not Zak that got subbed though as was sure he''d end up getting booked again. Relieved he didn''t get the 2nd booking.

[/quote]..........i was surprised in his interview after the game when PL said the substitution was tactical and not injury related. in that case why was it not ward that was taken off. he had been yellow carded and is not as good a player as zak.[:O]

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Ward had to do the same difficult job as last week in the middle of a 3 man defence. Lambert obviously feels he is the best defender for that role.

Feel it should have been him and not Zak that got subbed though as was sure he''d end up getting booked again. Relieved he didn''t get the 2nd booking.

[/quote]..........i was surprised in his interview after the game when PL said the substitution was tactical and not injury related. in that case why was it not ward that was taken off. he had been yellow carded and is not as good a player as zak.[:O][/quote]

I presume its because Paul Lambert has more faith in his players than you do.   All these Ward doubters forget what a good player he has been for us in the past.  He is still  adjusting to coming into the premiership after his long injury - and the fact that PL rates him is good enough fo me.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well said LDC bur surely you could find it your being to moan about our poor support etc etc etc.[/quote]

Poor support?   Don''t see any poor support away from home.      Our players need 100% support when we''re away and generally get it.  If and I  say if  anyone sees fit to boo their own, away or at home - lets face it booing is the ultimate put down - then I hope decent fans would shut them up.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Ward had to do the same difficult job as last week in the middle of a 3 man defence. Lambert obviously feels he is the best defender for that role. Feel it should have been him and not Zak that got subbed though as was sure he''d end up getting booked again. Relieved he didn''t get the 2nd booking.

[/quote]..........i was surprised in his interview after the game when PL said the substitution was tactical and not injury related. in that case why was it not ward that was taken off. he had been yellow carded and is not as good a player as zak.[:O][/quote]I too would have took Ward off instead of Whitbread if in Lambert''s shoes at half time yesterday.DT makes a very good point that many appear to not consider though, in that Lambert obviously considers Ward his number one choice and he is probably the only player that he has any confidence in of being capable at playing in the centre of a back three.The worry was there for most of us that Ward would pick up another booking yesterday, but much to his and Lambert''s credit he didn''t. Watching the highlights back since last night it is clear to see that Whitbread looked lost in our back three for both of Fulham''s goals yesterday, so in hindsight I can see why Lambert made the change that he did. Ryan Bennett and Wardy were awesome as a pair at the back during the 2nd half in the 4-4-2 that we should have started with. I would like to see Ward and Bennett start at the back in a 4-4-2 against Everton next week.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Never boo our own players, but out of the current squad he is one that I would![/quote]

sums you up.idiot.

No-one was booing Ward but yet again Morison was getting a huge amount of stick from those sitting around me.Within 10 or so seconds of kick off the nice chap behind felt a desire to call Morison a ''fat lazy see you next Tuesday''.  I pointed out that a there were a number of fundamental flaws in this statement.1) Morison fat, really?  I thought Holt was the ''fat'' one, Morison has always reminded me a bit of Skeletor.2) If the rumours are to be believed it isn''t Morison who is the see you next Tuesday.3) He only seems to have become ''lazy'' since Xmas (see point 2), earlier in the season he was running his socks off playing in the lone striker role.I suspect that he isn''t a ''fat lazy see you next Tuesday'', just someone who is being asked do a job by his employer that he clearly isn''t up to doing at the current time, for whatever reason.  The best thing for all parties would be for Lambert to stop picking him until some of his confidence is restored as idiots like those sitting around me yesterday clearly do not have the intelligence to work out that if someone is seriously lacking in confidence, the worst thing to do is get on his back at every available opportunity. 

[quote user="Clint"]No-one was booing Ward but yet again Morison was getting a huge amount of stick from those sitting around me.

Within 10 or so seconds of kick off the nice chap behind felt a desire to call Morison a ''fat lazy see you next Tuesday''.  I pointed out that a there were a number of fundamental flaws in this statement.

1) Morison fat, really?  I thought Holt was the ''fat'' one, Morison has always reminded me a bit of Skeletor.
2) If the rumours are to be believed it isn''t Morison who is the see you next Tuesday.
3) He only seems to have become ''lazy'' since Xmas (see point 2), earlier in the season he was running his socks off playing in the lone striker role.

I suspect that he isn''t a ''fat lazy see you next Tuesday'', just someone who is being asked do a job by his employer that he clearly isn''t up to doing at the current time, for whatever reason.  The best thing for all parties would be for Lambert to stop picking him until some of his confidence is restored as idiots like those sitting around me yesterday clearly do not have the intelligence to work out that if someone is seriously lacking in confidence, the worst thing to do is get on his back at every available opportunity. 
[/quote]

I''ve been thinking the same all season Clint, seems some people don''t want to understand - they just prefer the easy option and slag the player  off.  Its nothing new, it''s what some football supporters go to matches for - to let off steam in any way they can whether its good for the players or not.

Sorry LDC, my attempt at irony failed dismally.

It is a bee in my bonnet about the usual suspects who are on this board every week complaining about our ''poor support''

Didn''t hear any booing of Ward where I was......I know that there were quite a ''few'' non NCFC neutrals, among City fans in the ''neutral'' section of

the Putney Stand.....Maybe it was ''the neutrals'' booing Ward?

I think the majority of ''neutrals'' were biased towards Fulham, as they made a bit of noise, when Fulham, put two past Ruddy..... 

[quote user="jb88"]

sums you up.idiot.

[/quote]He is a total bellend, but he doesnt get tired of hearing it so feel free to make sure he''s aware just how much of an absolute prick this kid is.

[quote user="Clint"]No-one was booing Ward but yet again Morison was getting a huge amount of stick from those sitting around me.

Within 10 or so seconds of kick off the nice chap behind felt a desire to call Morison a ''fat lazy see you next Tuesday''.  I pointed out that a there were a number of fundamental flaws in this statement.

1) Morison fat, really?  I thought Holt was the ''fat'' one, Morison has always reminded me a bit of Skeletor.
2) If the rumours are to be believed it isn''t Morison who is the see you next Tuesday.
3) He only seems to have become ''lazy'' since Xmas (see point 2), earlier in the season he was running his socks off playing in the lone striker role.

I suspect that he isn''t a ''fat lazy see you next Tuesday'', just someone who is being asked do a job by his employer that he clearly isn''t up to doing at the current time, for whatever reason.  The best thing for all parties would be for Lambert to stop picking him until some of his confidence is restored as idiots like those sitting around me yesterday clearly do not have the intelligence to work out that if someone is seriously lacking in confidence, the worst thing to do is get on his back at every available opportunity. 
[/quote]

Spot on with everything there. I never like criticizing our players away from the game or during the game but unfortunately Morison is making it a little too easy at the minute. I made a conscious and deliberate decision to stick up for him on Saturday but every time we had the ball in their final third he was nowhere to be seen. In fifteen minutes (or whatever it was) Wheeliebin did about five times as much as Morison had done in the whole game before being swapped. Even if he had the odd wayward shot, at least he was taking them and was looking for the ball.

Morison is not suddenly a bad footballer but Lambert''s persistance in playing him just appears to be making him worse. If he''s carrying an injury, it must be making it worse. If he''s low on confidence, every game must be dragging it down further.