Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

MacNamee - What a WASTE!!

Someone tell me what he does, and then tell me what he does well.

Because today he had the beating of his man, he didn''t beat him, but he could!! He either gets to the byline and scuffs the cross, or cuts inside and crosses to deep! I really cant see what people like about him!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Because today he had the beating of his man, he didn''t beat him, but he could!! He either gets to the byline and scuffs the cross, or cuts inside and crosses to deep! I really cant see what people like about him!!!

[/quote]Have to agree with you on that one, on his day he can look like a decent player but he was very poor today. Lost count of the number of times he fluffed his lines when in a good posiition to cross, not good enough to start imo but a decent option to have on the bench.

Yep I agree too. He should only be used as a last resort or an impact player as he doesn''t add much to the side when he starts. My mate sitting next to me at the game today thought differently though. Saying he should start every game and he has an amazing cross [:S] duno what he is smoking.

Didn''t play well but he probably had a harder job down the wing than people realise. Daniels is a pretty decent player and they never gave Macca too much room to get a ball in. But, having said that, he should still have done better than what he did.

No worse a performance than what Wilbraham and Chrissy offered though.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]So you slate Mcnamee despite Chrissy & Wilbraham having a poorer game.
Righto.
[/quote]

Oh come on McNamee was awful. In the second half he hit the same peice of side netting 4 times. You possibly did not note but for the last 15 mins Hoolahan refused to pass to him or allow him to take a free kick. 

I can''t see what Martin and Wilbraham playing poorly has got to do with the fact that MaNamee had a stinker.

A winger that can''t cross has one hell of a problem

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I can''t see what Martin and Wilbraham playing poorly has got to do with the fact that MaNamee had a stinker. A winger that can''t cross has one hell of a problem[/quote]

Yup, just as much as strikers who can''t score.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I can''t see what Martin and Wilbraham playing poorly has got to do with the fact that MaNamee had a stinker.

A winger that can''t cross has one hell of a problem[/quote]Well why isn''t he slating them as they had a poorer game...Yes he could cross the ball just not with his weaker foot which he was being forced to do on some occasions, should be played on the left imo.

I dont know why he''s not slating them - I agree they were both poor today - you''ll have to ask him.

I just meant I couldn''t see what that had to do with the original post. Macca was pooh (not for the first time) and it looks like we all agree.

MacNamee played in three posistions today. CAM LW and RW. He was poor in all of them his crosses were terrible and for someone who we are constantly reminded ''loves to put the cross in'' he spent a hell of a lot of the time messing about. It took him 53 mins to even have a decent run, and 55 mins to get in a half decent cross. 

We all have our opinions, but We have a winger that can''t cross at all, he wasnt even keeping it in play. Its easier to cross than to score goals. Chris Martin has frustrated me recently, and i''m one of his fans, because he just hasn''t been playing well, not making the right decisions, poor passes, poor touch and not shooting enough. He''s not in form he needs to be dropped to sharpen him up again when he gets another chance but unfortunately i dont think Simeon Jackson is any better than Chris Martin so we have a bit of touble there. Not many players had a great game today but back to the point MacNamee did very little all game, when he played at the tip of the diamond he done very little and looked very average then when playing in his true position he looked even worse, struggled to beat his marker and when he had a chance to cross absolutely fluffed it.

Always blows his oppotunity.

To be fair IMO Macca never seems to perform well when he is in from the start. His better games seem to be appearances as sub when he adds width and pace against (usually) tiring opposing defences and frustrating as it is maybe he should only be considered in that role. He has decent cross and has a reasonable shot on him, but like the rest of the team he simply had a poor game today.        

So you slate Mcnamee despite Chrissy & Wilbraham having a poorer game.

Righto.

Behave, Macca was pony today!! looked quick and fit and just didnt want to do his job, ie attack his full back whip crosses in, and when he did they were poor.

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]To be fair IMO Macca never seems to perform well when he is in from the start. His better games seem to be appearances as sub when he adds width and pace against (usually) tiring opposing defences and frustrating as it is maybe he should only be considered in that role. He has decent cross and has a reasonable shot on him, but like the rest of the team he simply had a poor game today.        [/quote]

Spot on - never has been a 90 minute player for us.

Really suprised at the substitutions too - Wilbraham was pants from the staart and has failed to convince in any of his games and Martin clearly needs his confidence building - which ain''t gonna happen from the bench.

Mcnamees only any good as a sub impact player. When he starts hes normally poor!

Useful option on the bench but I don''t like him starting.

C Martin as very poor today and Wilbraham doesn''t look very good either!

Definitely agree that he was a waste of space yesterday.  Think we should let him go somewhere else - stop wasting our time money and chances.Bring back Cody!

It wasnt one bad game. IMO every time Macca has started he has  had a poor game. beginning to remind me of Crofts, great at running with the ball but no end product

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

MacNamee was poor, however this is unusual, for the first tiem in a while when he got to the byline his crossing was awful. An off day more than him not being great!

Can anyone here that has commented actually read the game?

That''s not an insult just an honest question. I ask it because I actually though Macca did not play badly. There were several things against him.

The main one for me being that after a couple of cuts inside their left back (who by the way looks quite tidy). That was because he quickly sussed out (or maybe they did their research) that Macca is actually LEFT FOOTED.

In a game situation you would normaly show a winger down the outside and hope to force him into an error or mistake. This is made simpler if the play in question is trying to strike it with his unfavoured foot. What you are doing is simply forcing him to kick it with his weaker foot.

What I will never understand is why Hoolahan isn''t played in a wider right position because his natural instinct tends to be to cut inside anyway and he has more ticks up his sleave to get past a player or get out of a tricky situation.

I think Macca on the left would be far more consistant and we would see better games from him in terms of final ball, because at the end of the day that was the only thing that let him down.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]McNamme is an impact player.he always seem''s to have a stinker when hes on from the start.[/quote]

As I said, play him on the left hand side and I think we would see a very different player. He is left footed and as soon as any defender etc figures that out and has him on the right hand side they are going to show him onto his right foot.

Do you watch the games Chicken?

When Hoolahan was played out wide in his 1st season by the tactical genius Roeder nowhere he didn''t produce cause he strayed to much which is why the free role in the hole inbetween the strikers and midfielders is his best role!

Hoolahan is not a striker, not a midfielder and not a midfielder which is why sometimes he doesn''t start games and why a players technically inferior to him like Lappin and Fox will sometimes be in team when Hoolahan isn''t!

As for Mcnamee, he done what he normally does when he starts, in yesterdays game which not a lot but in fairness our complete attack was a non event so one single player shouldn''t be singled out- I  think I  could of played in goal for Orient cause we didn''t give their keeper much too do!

In the 1st half Mcnamee was all over the pitch being anonymous, looking like he didn''t know what his role was. In the 2nd half he was on the right wing and got more involved getting in a few crosses but ultimately producing little.

Norwich had a distinct lack of interest in the game yesterday and when attacking fell into the old Norwich habit of trying to walk the ball into the net by scoring the perfect goal. We have to be more direct in the final 3rd and put more pressure on the oppositions penalty box cause thats where most goals are scored!

I still maintain Mcnamme will only be any good as an impact sub coming on late in games to run at tiring defenders.

I don''t know what all the fuss is about. It''s traditional to have a winger who can''t cross - we voted the last one player of the season!Where is Lee Croft these days BTW?

When he started against Reading I thought he looked very effective and chased back a lot. He put pressure on their players like Holt did and most of the other lads and we went 3-1 up and could have got lots more if the ref wasn''t duped. I think he''s decent, but admit better to bring on in 2nd half at the moment. I wouldn''t be annoyed if he started though and got a run of games. Ah well..FA Cup is over and back to the league now eh. Hopefully Macca proves people wrong and bangs in a few goals:)