Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

A rumour about Lambert

Some of you won''t like this and it is just a rumour... but it''s from a fairly solid source. I''ve just heard that Lambert and/or representative had been up to meet Burnley before the approach was made. If this did happen - it perhaps explains a few things. True or not - Thankfully he decided to stay and that''s what counts.

[quote user="First Wizard"]And its damn posts like this that created all the panic in the first chuffing place![/quote]

The difference is Wiz, that Chirp - much like CUSDP - is trusted with pieces of information.

I agree on the point that it isn''t needed on this forum now because of the hysteria, but it is interesting nonetheless. Also nice to see you around again recently Chirp.

Paul Lambert is a man of his word. If he says he never had any intentions of leaving then I believe him.

Your sauce can go back on the shelf with the others from last week.

He may not have had any intentions on leaving. That doesn''t necessarily mean he hasn''t been to meet the Chairman of Burnley with his agent.

We know for a fact that Lambert had talks with McNally Friday afternoon. What do you think was discussed at these talks if there wasn''t interest at some level?

Haha okay. - I''ll choose more carefully what i tell you guys in the future - i''ll keep it to only things you want to hear. Apologies. :-) 

It is almost inconceivable that Burnley would have gone that far without some contact with Lambert''s people.   I am quite sure that they spoke to his agent who would only be doing his job by finding out what was on offer.

Surely this is like dating.   It is ok to ask as long as a refusal is accepted.  As so many other posters have said, what counts is that Paul decided to stay irrespective of what led up to his decision.

[quote user="First Wizard"]And its damn posts like this that created all the panic in the first chuffing place![/quote]

No, it isn''t. It was Lambert''s failure to state "by the way I am happy here and have no intention of leaving" at the Friday morning press conference that fuelled so much speculation which was allowed to continue throughout the day before our wonderful Mr McNally thought it sensible, finally, to do something about it. BTW, sorry if I am not one of your fave multiple posters on here as I know that somehow that devalues my contribution which of course you won''t agree with as you are one of the "in Lambert we trust" merchants. Sadly, as I am a big fan of Lambert;s ability as a manager, my view is that either way he will be off to pastures new in the summer.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Some of you won''t like this and it is just a rumour... but it''s from a fairly solid source.

I''ve just heard that Lambert and/or representative had been up to meet Burnley before the approach was made.

If this did happen - it perhaps explains a few things.

True or not - Thankfully he decided to stay and that''s what counts.
[/quote]

Careful - you will be described as a "fantasist" if you keep coming out with stuff like this.

This rumour was voiced at the time and made me wonder then. No knowing if it was true, and if it was, could it have involved a transfer enquiry given that we were rumoured to be interested in David Edgar of Burnley.

I have no problem taking Lambert at his word. OTBC!

[quote user="canarygirl"]Mr Lambert is a fine and honourable man and I believe what he told us. Why are you trying to create trouble?[/quote]

Ha ha, not that I''m bothered but try saying that to Mr Cowling and/or any Col Who supporter.

Hi ChirpI e-mailed one of the Pink-un writers rather than announcing anything on here, to protect my source who is Burnley based rather than announce it to the public and get all the usual knock downs.  Like any Norwich fan I wanted Lambert to stay and thought that hopefully bringing it into the open might hopefully put pressure in the Club to keep him.  I like you had been informed that Lambert had been in contact with a Burnley representative for some time, and detailed to them that he was top of their shopping list and that he had met with club representatives, and the reasons why he might leave the club.  I did not say that he was going to leave merely that he was the one that Burnley wanted.However I received no worthwhile response from the journalists and found later in the week a piece in the paper which I can only suggest was aimed at me suggesting that I was in fantasy land.  I also have a friend who works at Carrow Road and whilst not everything I have heard from there over time is correct from there it was a touch disappointing that the journalists cast it out of hand so quickly.However given that they are a local newspaper and have to remain on good terms with all at the club to get a daily story they obviously do not want to rock the boat too much.  This is obviously whilst also appreciating they cannot print every rumour they have hear. 

"I''ve just heard that Lambert and/or representative ...."

What a load of old bollox !

You don''t even know if it was Lambert or ''his representative'', what kind of information is that ? Absolute nonsense posted up by another serial fantasist.

Of course contact is made between clubs, players, managers, agents, etc, it goes on all the time - that is a given.

However that is not what this smear is about though. It is a claim that

- Paul Lambert, manager of Norwich City FC has either lied to the club and the fans or

- has told the Norwich City FC that he met someone from Burnley FC to discuss breaking his contract with Norwich City FC and subsequently McNally has lied to the media and fans to cover up that meeting.

So ''chirp'' (or whoever you really are) why not put your money where your mouth is and go public ? Make your statement that either Lambert or McNally has lied. Put it out in the open, put your real name to it and lets see who is really lying.

If you and your source are correct then you will be doing us all a service by revealing that those who run the club have lied over this matter and that the minutes of any board meetings after this alleged ''meeting'' are false documents - the legal implications of that would be far reaching.

As you are so certain (as are one or two others) lets see you back your claims). After all, if you are correct what have you got to lose ?

[quote user="The Chirp"]Some of you won''t like this and it is just a rumour... but it''s from a fairly solid source. I''ve just heard that Lambert and/or representative had been up to meet Burnley before the approach was made. If this did happen - it perhaps explains a few things. True or not - Thankfully he decided to stay and that''s what counts. [/quote][img]http://www.chaobell.net/newgallery/d/2734-1/internetpunch.png[/img]

The rumour  that Lambert had a meeting was posted on her during the panic. My theory is that with the team being a serious contender for automatic promotion, Lambert was trying to find out his market price and what Norwich should be offering if promotion is achieved. He could then report back to McNally.To add to this hypothetical situation a bit more, what if McNally was aware of this from the start? The extra publicity would raise the profile for Norwich during the transfer season and may attract the attention of investors. Initially bodging the messages of commitment fuelled the speculation.

[quote user="City1st"]"I''ve just heard that Lambert and/or representative ...." What a load of old bollox ! You don''t even know if it was Lambert or ''his representative'', what kind of information is that ? Absolute nonsense posted up by another serial fantasist. Of course contact is made between clubs, players, managers, agents, etc, it goes on all the time - that is a given. However that is not what this smear is about though. It is a claim that - Paul Lambert, manager of Norwich City FC has either lied to the club and the fans or - has told the Norwich City FC that he met someone from Burnley FC to discuss breaking his contract with Norwich City FC and subsequently McNally has lied to the media and fans to cover up that meeting. So ''chirp'' (or whoever you really are) why not put your money where your mouth is and go public ? Make your statement that either Lambert or McNally has lied. Put it out in the open, put your real name to it and lets see who is really lying. If you and your source are correct then you will be doing us all a service by revealing that those who run the club have lied over this matter and that the minutes of any board meetings after this alleged ''meeting'' are false documents - the legal implications of that would be far reaching. As you are so certain (as are one or two others) lets see you back your claims). After all, if you are correct what have you got to lose ?[/quote]

If you look at Chirp''s signature you will see his name and where he works, so he is hardly hiding away. Also, he has been on this message board with highly accurate information before.

I don''t remember either Lambert or McNally ever saying there hadn''t been a meeting between Lambert and Burnley so technically they haven''t lied. Anyway, managers and boards constantly lie to the press, like everyone does. I wouldn''t be surprised if Lambert''s agent went up to Burnley to see what they were saying, relayed the information to Lambert who then said "thanks, but no thanks".

Does it really matter what went on in the background? The most important fact is that Lambert stayed.

Writing as someone who has some contacts connected with the club i have always thought long and hard before posting what i`ve been told on here- and i`ve often decided against.

All i can say is that if i`d been told what the OP and Punting have there is no way i would post it on here as, a., It will never be verified one way or the other and b., Absolutely nothing positive can come of it. Smacks of muck-raking and "look at me" egotism. Pathetic and sad.

[quote user="City1st"]"I''ve just heard that Lambert and/or representative ...."

What a load of old bollox !

You don''t even know if it was Lambert or ''his representative'', what kind of information is that ? Absolute nonsense posted up by another serial fantasist.

Of course contact is made between clubs, players, managers, agents, etc, it goes on all the time - that is a given.

However that is not what this smear is about though. It is a claim that

- Paul Lambert, manager of Norwich City FC has either lied to the club and the fans or

- has told the Norwich City FC that he met someone from Burnley FC to discuss breaking his contract with Norwich City FC and subsequently McNally has lied to the media and fans to cover up that meeting.

So ''chirp'' (or whoever you really are) why not put your money where your mouth is and go public ? Make your statement that either Lambert or McNally has lied. Put it out in the open, put your real name to it and lets see who is really lying.

If you and your source are correct then you will be doing us all a service by revealing that those who run the club have lied over this matter and that the minutes of any board meetings after this alleged ''meeting'' are false documents - the legal implications of that would be far reaching.

As you are so certain (as are one or two others) lets see you back your claims). After all, if you are correct what have you got to lose ?[/quote]Ouch! All that I said was all made up fantasy. I''m sorry I just couldn''t help myself. Hopefully this will make you happy. Jas -  I''ve put my head against the fist so hopefully you''ll feel a whole lot happier about all of this too! I''ll keep this stuff to just a couple of you on here in the future. That way you won''t have to read my fantasies!

very true. I have no contacts with NCFC btw. I was just interested in what I was told and posted without thinking... silly thing to do and I certainly regret posting it. I won''t do it again that''s for sure!

Or perhaps Lambert sent one of his representatives up there to give the Burnley board a collective Glasgow Kiss.

My mate heard this . . . . my contact heard this . . . my sister''s boyfriends dad''s uncles step daughter heard that!

Shut up for christs sake! The main reason I doubt this is true is that they would be up for tapping up charges and we all know Big Mac likes to prise money out of people''s hands when they lie about our club etc.

He''s still here and that''s what counts. I just (at the time) thought some might find it interesting to know. - I don''t often post anymore - but I do look to see what snippets people have put on here... some I believe - many I don''t - I always like reading them though as it''s interesting.  As I think someone rightly pointed out - this kind of thing goes on all the time in football. In many cases it''s how deals are done. There is very little loyalty in football. Agents don''t just sit around in waiting rooms waiting for a deal to be done do they - Of course not. The main thing is - whatever happened or didn''t happen - he''s still at Norwich and fully focused on getting Norwich to the Premier League - I''m as delighted as any of you on here.

But its things like this that in general cast the media in just as bad a light.

I mean the whole thing was blown out of control by the media in the first place. And just adds more weight to the fact that most sectors of the media has lost it''s way, making fact out of assumption.

If someone has a contact that is to be trusted that has said that something like this has happened the reporter in question would be far better of pursuing the facts to get a ''big'' story than to just stir up rubbish.

For example we already had a statement from the club and we have had another since. If there is a story here it is the possibility to expose ''tapping up'' and report it to the club.

In your response you state that it is how football works now, agents are always touting even though technically they shouldn''t be. Expose them, that will make headlines. Expose football for the corrupt world it is and do what the media is meant to do.

Inform the world of facts, help society to uncover the truth and to fight corruption and to stand for justice.

I couldn''t give a monkeys about so called celebs getting divorced, dumped or married or stories about what someone may or may not have done in terms of rumours like this.

[quote user="chicken"]But its things like this that in general cast the media in just as bad a light. I mean the whole thing was blown out of control by the media in the first place. And just adds more weight to the fact that most sectors of the media has lost it''s way, making fact out of assumption. If someone has a contact that is to be trusted that has said that something like this has happened the reporter in question would be far better of pursuing the facts to get a ''big'' story than to just stir up rubbish. For example we already had a statement from the club and we have had another since. If there is a story here it is the possibility to expose ''tapping up'' and report it to the club. In your response you state that it is how football works now, agents are always touting even though technically they shouldn''t be. Expose them, that will make headlines. Expose football for the corrupt world it is and do what the media is meant to do. Inform the world of facts, help society to uncover the truth and to fight corruption and to stand for justice. I couldn''t give a monkeys about so called celebs getting divorced, dumped or married or stories about what someone may or may not have done in terms of rumours like this.[/quote]

Did the media blow it out of proportion or was it the fans? Most reports I read (on the BBC and Sky) played the whole thing down, with Lambert''s 9am press conference appearing to deny a move. It was countless posts on here and people on Twitter bigging the whole thing up, reading far more into the situation than was warrented.

I can''t remember seeing any media reports that Lambert had quit, but did see that on here. Someone even made a Delia Twitter account up and posted that she had sacked Lambert. The media said "Burnley want Lambert" then "Lambert says he is happy at Norwich" then nothing until 9pm with "Lambert commits to Norwich".

Fact is - I don''t work for a mag that would be interested in this story. Also the thing is with sources... you should never give them up - you just don''t do it. I made the silly mistake of sharing what I heard with you guys as I don''t have many NCFC supporting pals! I see all the above points though and won''t ''stir'' in the futureto your point above though... it is far easier said than done. All I can do is spread the Norwich love - trust me... i''m doing my best... Zoo has had quite a few little Norwich bits in there recently... not too much... but just you wait until when they''re back in the Prem... I can''t promise a Grant Holt booby cover shoot... i''ll put the request in though!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="chicken"]But its things like this that in general cast the media in just as bad a light. I mean the whole thing was blown out of control by the media in the first place. And just adds more weight to the fact that most sectors of the media has lost it''s way, making fact out of assumption. If someone has a contact that is to be trusted that has said that something like this has happened the reporter in question would be far better of pursuing the facts to get a ''big'' story than to just stir up rubbish. For example we already had a statement from the club and we have had another since. If there is a story here it is the possibility to expose ''tapping up'' and report it to the club. In your response you state that it is how football works now, agents are always touting even though technically they shouldn''t be. Expose them, that will make headlines. Expose football for the corrupt world it is and do what the media is meant to do. Inform the world of facts, help society to uncover the truth and to fight corruption and to stand for justice. I couldn''t give a monkeys about so called celebs getting divorced, dumped or married or stories about what someone may or may not have done in terms of rumours like this.[/quote]

Did the media blow it out of proportion or was it the fans? Most reports I read (on the BBC and Sky) played the whole thing down, with Lambert''s 9am press conference appearing to deny a move. It was countless posts on here and people on Twitter bigging the whole thing up, reading far more into the situation than was warrented.

I can''t remember seeing any media reports that Lambert had quit, but did see that on here. Someone even made a Delia Twitter account up and posted that she had sacked Lambert. The media said "Burnley want Lambert" then "Lambert says he is happy at Norwich" then nothing until 9pm with "Lambert commits to Norwich".

[/quote]The fans blew it out of proportion - of course we did... I include myself... I am a journalist but that doesn''t mean I am not a fan... I even had a semi sleepless night when i heard about the approach!