Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

A rumour about Lambert

haha - are you a journalist? It''s not all good fun (it is generally!) ...there can be a lot of waiting around... Fraudley kept me waiting FIVE hours for a ten min interview before his ''fight''No jobs as such - there is an intern position coming up I believe... not sure of the details... don''t think it is paid.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Any jobs at ZOO by any chance, after watching North Korea and UAE fight out (almost litterally) a 0-0 I am seriously reconsidering my new employers.[/quote]At least you get travel to Pyongyang, I guess ?

[quote user="The Chirp"]very true.

I have no contacts with NCFC btw. I was just interested in what I was told and posted without thinking... silly thing to do and I certainly regret posting it.

I won''t do it again that''s for sure!
[/quote]

You are also saying an illegal approach was made for PL, so McNally needs to know this imo.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Some of you won''t like this and it is just a rumour... but it''s from a fairly solid source. I''ve just heard that Lambert and/or representative had been up to meet Burnley before the approach was made. If this did happen - it perhaps explains a few things. True or not - Thankfully he decided to stay and that''s what counts. [/quote]I heard exactly the same thing, apparently over Christmas.  My father in law is a Burnley season ticket holder, which doesn''t mean he knows everything that goes on, but he would hear a few things himself.

This was the story on the Burnley forums in the days bleading up to their approach

As Chirp said the most important thing is he stayed. I work for Carphone Warehouse and i''ve had other Branch Managers speak to me about the possiblity of working in their store. Namely Chapelfield rather than the City centre one. No harm in listening to what he has to say despite me being very happy in the branch i''m currently at.

So what we are saying is that a rumour up north spread down here and then became treated as fact.

In terms of the media, a response was made to the Burnley rumours but wasn''t accepted for whatever reason and the media persisted in writing stories about it - even after the initial response.

Sure fans got worked up about it but only because the media kept going on about Lambert being first choice - when actually from what I have read directly from Burnly, that he was one of six people they wanted to talk to.

So yeah, the media had a big part to play in all of this.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]very true.

I have no contacts with NCFC btw. I was just interested in what I was told and posted without thinking... silly thing to do and I certainly regret posting it.

I won''t do it again that''s for sure!
[/quote]

You are also saying an illegal approach was made for PL, so McNally needs to know this imo.

[/quote]

.................... but McWally already knows about it doesn''t he, wasn''t it him who brought Lambo to Carrow Road ?

@Al - I''m not sure of the complexities of that particular incident as they have not been overly made public. But we certainly didn''t approach him illegaly. We legally approached Colchester who said talk to him and then we will sit down and agree a fee.

We spoke to him but never settled on a fee.

We were accused of encouraging him to break his contract and then employing him knowing that we had not agreed a fee of compensation with Colchester.

As I said at the time we probably did wrong, but that Colchester also should take some criticism for handling the situation incorrectly. There is no way I would allow a club to speak to a player or manager unless a fee had already been agreed.

[quote user="The Chirp"]haha - are you a journalist? It''s not all good fun (it is generally!) ...there can be a lot of waiting around... Fraudley kept me waiting FIVE hours for a ten min interview before his ''fight''

No jobs as such - there is an intern position coming up I believe... not sure of the details... don''t think it is paid.
[/quote]

I am a journalist, moved from working for Arsenal to a large Japanese newspaper recently -- which means I have to go watch Leicester play more than I would want to. It''s not all bad, I cover English football and do quite a bit around German football as well due to the recent influx of Japanese players over there. It''s currently the Asian Cup in Qatar so I get to hang out here in swanky hotels and watch low grade football.

Surely you''re living the dream?! - After a while though I know it can get a bit tiresome staying in hotels... It can get a bit boring. I''d say you''re on a pretty sweet deal though!

[quote user="chicken"]@Al - I''m not sure of the complexities of that particular incident as they have not been overly made public. But we certainly didn''t approach him illegaly. We legally approached Colchester who said talk to him and then we will sit down and agree a fee. We spoke to him but never settled on a fee. We were accused of encouraging him to break his contract and then employing him knowing that we had not agreed a fee of compensation with Colchester. As I said at the time we probably did wrong, but that Colchester also should take some criticism for handling the situation incorrectly. There is no way I would allow a club to speak to a player or manager unless a fee had already been agreed.[/quote]

Chicken, a different question, if it were your decision to make would you decide to appoint a manager without having a discussion with him beforehand? That is the premise we were being asked to believe if Cowling''s input is correct that the the first contact he received was from Bowkett stating just that.