Sign in to follow this  
Creasy

REPLY HERE IF!!!.. YOU THINK HELVEG SHOULD BE GIVING A CHANCE!!

I would certainly want to see him be given a run in the team before any decision is made on his future. He is undoubtedly a player with talent, and he CAN be a key player this season if he is only given a chance to show what he can do.

On paper, he ought to be fantastic, however, everytime he is given a chance, he is pants.

Holt was not in game at all today, but when Helveg came on, he was dreadful.  Very poor distribution and ball retention and missed tackles.

There are only so many opportunities you can give a player.  Comparisons can be drawn with his fellow Danish internationals Gronkjaer and Rommedahl.  They should be brilliant at this level, week in, week out, but unfortunately, there are not - despite what Morten Olsen says.

what game where you watching disco? apart from losing the ball twice he did everything holt couldnt do, playing simple, easy balls and touches and above all, actually making an impact on the game by looking for the ball when he didn''t have it. his introduction was long overdue and hopefully he will stay as i think he could make up a great midfield partnership with francis  

Got to give him a decent enough run of games to prove his worth.  Could be one of Norwich''s biggest mistakes if we don''t.

Ou Est Anselin - great the name. But before you start posting on here, PLEASE explain the Karl Kennedy avatar!

Re Helveg, i don''t want to see him go but if he has said that about his family "having its roots ripped from under it" by moving to England the his intentions seem pretty clear. Damn stupid though - what did he expect?! Make you wonder what NW said to get him here in the first place. He is clearly a very persuasive man! If only he''d go to work on better players than Gary Doherty!

I think he was adequate today without being great. Lets be honest the whole midfield wasn''t at the races in the first half, not just Holt like many of you will point out! Bentley was shocking and Mulryne fairly ineffective too.

i also think he should be given a go. i would like to see him start against fulham in the middle with mulryne. I think its obvious now that holt is not as good as worthington thinks he is. if not helveg than safri. 2 players who like to make a difference in a game.

[quote]for one i do. ii hate to see him go. who else agree''s ?[/quote]

For what little its worth Creasy, I''m with you 100% my friend.

At Birmingham yesterday, and from what I saw on Sky plus (60 minute highlights) Thomas was bloody superb.

He''s everything Holt isn''t. A class, experienced International player and captain of his country!.

Worthy should be on his knees today, and begging him to stay.

Trouble is, I can''t picture Nigel doing this at all, can you?. 

[quote]what game where you watching disco? apart from losing the ball twice he did everything holt couldnt do, playing simple, easy balls and touches and above all, actually making an impact on the game by l...[/quote]

If NCFC are prepared to pay someone a few thousand quid a week to look for the ball when they dont have it and play simple, easy balls when they have then perhaps I should point out that I''m available.

Yep I''m out of contract, they dont even have to wait until January!

Disco Dale were you watching the same game, Helveg had one slip early on but after that he put his head and foot in where it matters. This is not Holt bashing but everytime he got the ball yesterday his poor touch meant that he was closed down quickly and we had our back to the wall. Helveg coming on changed that and I for one would love to see him start on Sat

[quote]Ou Est Anselin - great the name. But before you start posting on here, PLEASE explain the Karl Kennedy avatar! Re Helveg, i don''t want to see him go but if he has said that about his family "having i...[/quote]

Hey Karl Kennerdy is a legend and i wont hear a word against him

The two step changes in our peformance yesterday (after a truly depressing first half yet again) were McKenzie''s introduction allowing Helveg to work on Johnson at fullback (a BIG plus for us that Melchiot went off at half time), and the introduction of Helveg, who other than being knocked off the ball fairly early on did what class players do - the simple things well, finding space, keeping the bball and generally calming things down in what was becoming a frantic game. I love Holty''s effort to bits, but this "time and space" is what we desperately need and helveg does have that ability - showed it for the 10 mins he was on at West Brom as well. We find ourselves under pressure so much and so often we have got to have players who can steady things to avoid the second and third phase attacks on us which is when we concede in the main. Helveg and Mulryne should be the starting line up inthe centre midfield next Sat PLEASE.

I thought Helveg played very well when he came on yesterday - He calmed things down , passing was good and was a class player even though he was playing out of position . Holt was dreadful all match , as was Bentley . Can''t believe Worthy can''t find a place for Helveg in the team under current injury and form situation.

Helveg did what he was supposed to do when he came on. He kept his position, got tackles in and played simple balls allowing Mulryne to go looking for the ball a bit more. He looked an international player yesterday and i know he hasnt always looked that before. We can''t afford to keep giving the ball away in midfield and unfortunately Holt does that way too often.

Agree - he has to be given an extended run in the side. The man is class just waiting to find his feet and contribute to our scrap u''p the table. I think its two from three for the centre midfield with Thomas and Francis my top picks. Holt needs (and deserves, dont get me wrong) a breather to readjust and will no doubt come back better.

As for this house in Denmark nonsense, he''s Danish, why shouldn''t he buy a house where he expects to end his days and have a family. Why wouldn''t he buy now if a. hes got the money, b, thats what he wants to do long term and c. no doubt Denmark like here will see a property price rise.

Thomas was in Notcutts today buying Christmas decorations so he''s definatl here for the next few weeks at least - I suggest we use his experience and class while we can.

Gud Yul Thomas.

i wasn''t at the game yesterday, so can''t comment on helveg, or how well he played, in fact that is just the point, he hasn''t been given a chance to really show what he can do - how many games has he played now!

He can''t really be an international player for nothing, can he?  I would like to see him playing in the next few games, thought he was primarily a full back (or can he play in centre mid as well?)  whatever i would be encouraged if worthy honestly picks the eleven best players (not people who just work hard in training)  we are not in a position in the league to keep making costly mistakes, worthy must learn to pick with his head and not his heart

francis getting his injury is a major blow, but if it means helveg has a chance to show he is truly a class international, then some good will have come out of it, ditto safri, please can anyone explain to me why we bought him? 

Of course Thomas should be given a chance - you don''t play at a high standard for years and become Captain of your country by being ordinary - he, along with Safri must be given an extended run.  I thought Mulryne was fairly anonymous yesterday and why Bentley in place of Johnson I shall never know. Having said all that, a marvellous point away from home - now lets start winning our home games on a regular basis.

OTBC

not being at the game and unable to listen in on canary world (again)...

I could only rely on sky sports, and they said Helveg and Leon changed the game...

I watched highlights later and he seemed to have had a good game...

Personally, I was surprised that Safri didn’t play centre midfield yesterday. Mind I was also surprised to see Svensson favoured over McKenzie.

I wasn’t at the match. Was Helveg that good or is this the Helveg bandwagon so desperate that they’ll play him anywhere ? If he did make a decent fist of it then yes, keep him in situ, as long as we don’t have to wait five games to be proved right (or wrong).

Let me think - Control a ball, keep a shape, dominate play, defend situations rather than, touch a ball and run after it, lose it then run around like a headless chicken?  Have we found ourselves that mythical creature at carrow road, that rare beast to join our only other example (Hux) a class footballer? 

I bet worthy didnt see it though as he was more concerned that he wasnt TRYING HARD ENOUGH!!!

Of Course the bloke deserves a chance - and if Eddy can get 12 starts at right back then Helveg deserves that many too - it will only help our club in the long run.  As far as a position is concerned he is a defender and that is where he should play - either or Eddy, or Flem, or in a defensive midfield role to give Francis the space to roam free.

OTBC

[quote]for one i do. ii hate to see him go. who else agree''s ?[/quote]

He''s not my favourite player to be honest, but it was a pity for us to pay him 4 months wages for less than a half dozen of games! Helveg has to play more games!!!

"Thomas was in Notcutts today buying Christmas decorations so he''s definatl here for the next few weeks at least - I suggest we use his experience and class while we can.

Gud Yul Thomas."

Its called " God Jul"

I would hate to see a player of helveg''s quality leave. I feel very sorry for him. He is not going to be any worse than Eddy, and with his experience he could be alot better. Against Bristol Rovers (and i know it''s an inferior side) he was playing 70 yard cross field balls to the front men and it was good to watch. And thats something we lack with eddy in the side (creativity form the right back position).

Just ask yourself how many other Premiership managers would have an international team captain sitting on the bench, and the answer is probably none.  There is no doubt in my mind that Helveg should be playing every week.  Perhaps our manager is not capable of managing good international players such as Helveg, Jonson, and Safri.  He also seems reluctant to play any promising youngsters either.

[quote]Quote "Thomas was in Notcutts today buying Christmas decorations so he''s definatl here for the next few weeks at least - I suggest we use his experience and class while we can. Gud Yul Thomas. "...[/quote]

Actually, Glædelig Jul.

If you are going to slate me, get it right!