Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Well now Berks, it seems like you have been given an extra challenge this week. But I see the "power of the PUPs" is already coming to your aid. We just need to post our picks again and any others we may remember.

Mine was the battle of the V''s in Spain      Valencia V Valladolid      Home Win

Two from yesterday :-

Young Jellytot did Nottingham Forest  V  Sheffield Wednesday  Home Win

Gregt did Leyton Orient  V  Brighton Home Win

And I think last night I saw Statto post Rochdale  V  Crewe  Home Win

Cheers everybody, this has certainly added something extra!!!

Hi''ya Trent, whereabouts in Reading do you live?? All being well I am hoping to get to the Swindon game - went along in the JPT and it was a decent evening out (hopefully we can get a similar result in the League too!!!). Am amazed how many Canaries there are in Reading.

And mine was

Burscough v BRADFORD PARK AVENUE - AWAY WIN in the Unibond Premier league.

BPA are on fire, clear at the top with games in hand to boot, and Burscough are sitting sorrily near the foot of the table.

Good luck Berkshire!

Leedscanary

I hadn''t already posted, so this is a new one!

It''s the Bundesliga again for me:

VfL Bochum -v- Bayer Leverkusen   AWAY WIN

Leverkusen have not lost all season [P20, W12, D 8, L0, +29], Bochum have only won once at home all season [P20, W5, D6, L9, -14]

Good Luck BC and all PUPs [;)]

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

Hi''ya Trent, whereabouts in Reading do you live?? All being well I am hoping to get to the Swindon game - went along in the JPT and it was a decent evening out (hopefully we can get a similar result in the League too!!!). Am amazed how many Canaries there are in Reading.

[/quote]Im currently near the Broad street mall, doing a masters at the uni so not living in the nicest of places but such is life! Im due to be moving house around the time of the Swindon match, but might get a ticket anyway, if so if you wanna share a lift that would be grand. On a Spur of the moment I drove to the Wycombe match and grabbed a ticket in the home end so im hoping to be a bit more prepared this time!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

[/quote]

Im currently near the Broad street mall, doing a masters at the uni so not living in the nicest of places but such is life! Im due to be moving house around the time of the Swindon match, but might get a ticket anyway, if so if you wanna share a lift that would be grand. On a Spur of the moment I drove to the Wycombe match and grabbed a ticket in the home end so im hoping to be a bit more prepared this time!
[/quote]

Up by the Oxford Road??? Not so good!!! OK, I will let you know closer to the time if I get a ticket for the match and if you are going as well a lift share would be great. I was at Wycombe as well, was an agonising game to watch but a great outcome.

Afternoon everybody,

Firstly I would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to all, especially to everybody who reposted their naps after the gremlins struck!!! The final selection has undergone a number of transformations but here are the (hopefully) lucky final 6:

Man United v Portsmouth - Home Win - Can''t see beyond United, with Chelsea facing a tough game this is an ideal opportunity to take advantage.

Hibernian v Montrose - Home Win - SPL 3rd place against against the Division Three basement side looks a good bet to me.

Burscough v Bradford Park Avenue - Away Win - In keeping with the retro threads which have been appearing since this morning!!!

Fenerbache v Diyarbakirspor - Home Win - Fenerbache have been impressive this season and it is hard to see Diyarbakirspor giving them any major worries.

Barcelona v Getafe - Home Win - Barcelona at home are always a force to be reckoned with and I fully expect them to keep the pressure on Real Madrid.

Bournemouth v Cheltenham - Home Win - Bournemouth have began to pick up the pace again whilst Cheltenham are struggling. (My Selection please NN)

Apologies to everyone whos selection didn''t make the list - I seriously considered every one of them and will even admit to being tempted by Nana''s prediction of a Norwich draw, however, after losing many accumulators to bizarre City results over the years I have decided to avoid backing our fine team!!! Unfortunately I am away for the weekend so will not be able to follow the matches on here (probably a good thing for the nerves) but I will be back on board on Sunday evening to either celebrate (fingers crossed) [:D] or commiserate!!!  [:''(]

Good luck everybody. OTBC [Y]

Good job I looked.  Mine was PSV, home win vs Den Haag.......................... I think.

Maybe Pete should pin another thread "attention all PUP''s" ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jak G"]Not sure whether I can contribute to this. New to it and all so just ignore mine if I have to register or wait till next season. But if its ok for me to give my PuP here goes I''m going for PSV v Ado Den Haag Home Win. Best of Luck.[/quote]

You''ve just joined Jak. It was as easy as that and now you are here we don''t let you escape[;)] You won''t see your name on the table because you have to have picked in half the available weeks but don''t worry about that. Your contribution is as valuable as any others in helping us Rays funds for FONCY. Welcome aboard[:)]

[/quote]

Hey Nutty, I think I''ve picked every week but I don''t see my name on the table either!!!!![:(][:''(] is that cos i''m a UPUP (useless pink un picker) lol

I think my pick has disappeared so I''ll post it again.Mallorca vs Villareal - HOME WINMallorca have nine wins out of nine at home and Villarreal have only won win from nine away from home.Good luck everyone.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jak G"]Not sure whether I can contribute to this. New to it and all so just ignore mine if I have to register or wait till next season. But if its ok for me to give my PuP here goes I''m going for PSV v Ado Den Haag Home Win. Best of Luck.[/quote]

You''ve just joined Jak. It was as easy as that and now you are here we don''t let you escape[;)] You won''t see your name on the table because you have to have picked in half the available weeks but don''t worry about that. Your contribution is as valuable as any others in helping us Rays funds for FONCY. Welcome aboard[:)]

[/quote]

Hey Nutty, I think I''ve picked every week but I don''t see my name on the table either!!!!![:(][:''(] is that cos i''m a UPUP (useless pink un picker) lol

[/quote]

the table doesn''t matter TGD you should know that - after picking all this season [;)]

First things first - A very big well done to Berks for managing to put together such a good set of picks on a week where "Pete''s quaint little system"[;)] did it''s best to put the mockers on the Free Bet. I will get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here. You PUPs once again came up trumps in adversity and the Power of the PUPs has seen many of the missing picks restored. However I''m sure there are some selections missing so I intend to follow Scooby''s excellent suggestion and post another thread FAO PUPS. I''m sure Pete will pin it for us when he sees it.

Welcome Tony Da''Wonderful. It''s great to have new pickers on board and by my reckoning you are the 95th different poster to have selected this season.

Now "Drinks" what can I say mate. I was willing you on last week. You have no idea how much i wanted Forest to beat Derby. Not Just because it was in the final selections but also because it would have been a very significant milestone in your own picking history. Yes my friend, it would have been your 5th consecutive winning nap which would have put you on 50% with 13/26 and a place on our table. But it was not meant to be. However I''m sure it''s only a matter of time before you "make the bigtime" [<:o)][;)]