Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

I make this bet with a little ambivalence because Portsmouth aren''t playing that badly at the moment, but I really cannot see anything other than a MANCHESTER UNITED victory today.

Apoel to win against Aris Limassol for me this week. First time I''ve been on here since Thursday!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Berks and all PUPs

MethC

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="fonejacker"]Hibs vs Montrose please.[/quote]

You''re going for Montrose, brave man[:O][:P]

Seriously now, I assume your nap is a Hibs win?[Y]

[/quote]Oops! Thanks for the heads up, norfolkbroadslim! Just to avoid any confusion, my nap is Hibernian vs Montrose - home winGood luck everyone!

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Berkshire Canary and Billy Dixon we have...

1/7

Manchester United

Star, Sid, CTID, Devon, NYC, Beaus, Dion, Kathy, Angel, Pete, Mister, Norfolkch, Pboro, Obiwan, Legend

1/11

Hibernian

Bump, Sparkos, NBS, Fone

4/5

Bradford Park Ave

Leeds

1/5

Fenerbahce

Doris, Trent

1/6

Barcelona

Tilly

8/11

Bournemouth

Berks

Which will win for the Academy £44.26p. As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £35.34. So that just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Berks. These really are excellent picks with a decent potential return. Let’s hope this is the week we get that bit of luck that has deserted us of late.

So now it’s "game on". Manchester Utd, Hibernian, Bradford PA and Bournemouth all kick off at 3pm and then Barcelona get underway at 7pm. If those five are in the bag tonight then the excitement will carry over to Turkey tomorrow teatime when Fenerbache kick off at 5pm.

Good luck everyone[Y]

Apologies for picking so late but seems mine was one of the ones to go missing the other day.

I went for a Barce win over Getafe.

Davo

My post seem to have disappeared also.

I went for Man Utd to beat Portsmouth

I went for Man Utd before it vanished but now everyone else seems to be going for the easy pick [;)] so I''ll go for Histon v Hayes and Yeading - HOME WIN.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Good luck Berkshire Canary and all you other PUPs.

This week I''m going for,

Darlington v Rotherham - Away Win

A few weeks ago Darlington sprung a major shock by beating Rotherham in Yorkshire, I can''t see Ronnie letting lightning strike twice !!!

[/quote]

Yeah Right [:@]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

unlucky berkshire.

february must have a winning week some time soon!

[/quote]

Yes Berks was unlucky young Nana. Bradford PA won their match and Barcelona won this evening so it was only Bournemouth that stopped us going undefeated overnight.

Maybe Bournemouth were getting a little revenge for us plundering their management team and all their good players in the 70''s. Quite what Robbie Cowling would have made of that I can''t begin to imagine.

But you PUPs musn''t despair. Last season we went five months between October and March without winning but then won four times before the end of the season. Maybe this is a fair weather game[H]

Hi guys,

Absolutely gutted about the outcome especially as it was my pick [:(], Bournemouth have now made my s**t list!!!

Heres hoping that the losing streak comes to an end next week, I really enjoyed my week on this thread so many thanks for giving me the opportunity.

Thanks for the PM Nutty!

I was unimaginative and plumped for Man Ure to beat Pompey.  Which they did 5-0.  I hope this tidies your stats up.

PS, can I please pick this time every week - it would mean that I''d do a lot better than of late!

Muddy

Thanks Muddy, I now think we have recovered all the picks that were lost last week. So a big thank you to all you PUPs for proving that it takes more than a few gemlins to derail the Rays funds for FONCY thread! Seriously, I loved the way we all just got on with it and got everything back to the way it should be. The icing on the cake would have been a winning week but that wasn’t meant to be.

Berks did as well as could be expected with the ammunition we gave him this week. 57 selected this week with 45 getting their selections correct which is another great success rate of 79%. But this figure was boosted because 19 of us, one third of all PUPs who selected this week, went for Manchester United. I am always happy to see that because I’m sure the guys making the final selections are pleased to see a nap with a weight of pickers behind it. Usually there are two or three games like this but this week we only had the one. All in all we provided Berks with an incredible 29 different naps of which 18 were successful, a strike rate of 62%. Berks managed to beat that as his 4/6 was 67%. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before it all falls right for us again.

Mr. Bump[*] moves along to 27 consecutive winning naps. And I am wondering if he really can go all season undefeated.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

Mr. Bump 27-27 100
Delia''s Devonshire.. 25-26 96
Beauseant 25-27 93
Fonejacker 25-27 93
Til 1010 25-27 93
NCFC_Shaun 19-21 90
Graham Humphrey 24-27 89
Norfolkbroadslim 24-27 89
Scooby 21-24 88
MacDougall''s perm 12-14 86
NCFCStar 23-27 85
Pboro_Canary 23-27 85
Sparkos 23-27 85
Cosmic Twin 22-26 85
Obiwancanary 22-26 85
Shack Attack 20-24 83
Cityangel 22-27 81
Fellas 22-27 81
Mister Chops 22-27 81
Kathy 17-21 81
Davo 19-24 79
Berkshire Canary 15-19 79
methcanary 21-27 78
Norfolkchance1 21-27 78
Sports Desk - Pete 21-27 78
Gazzathegreat 14-18 78
Leedscanary 20-26 77
GMF 19-25 76
1Dartmoore 13-17 76
Dion Dublin = Legend 18-24 75
Big Bob 15-20 75
Hissing Sid 20-27 74
Hughesy 20-27 74
Inch High 20-27 74
Newyorkcanary 20-27 74
Camuldonum 17-23 74
nutty nigel 19-26 73
CanaryRyan 13-18 72
Mandie Moo 19-27 70
Norwich 19-27 70
Trent Canary 19-27 70
Canary Cherub 16-23 70
City-Til-I-Die 18-26 69
Diesel Doris 18-26 69
Muddy funster 18-26 69
Legend Iwan 15-22 68
Jellytot 18-27 67
Yankee Canary 18-27 67
Scrimmage 17-26 65
1st Wazzock 17-27 63
I''m A Banana 17-27 63
Yellow Fever (BBI) 17-27 63
The Butler 14-23 61
Blahblahblah 16-27 59
Ginger Pele 16-27 59
Astrodyne 10-17 59
Brendan 13-23 57
Gregt 15-27 56

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Berks did as well as could be expected with the ammunition we gave him this week.

[/quote]

Well, yay & nay:Grays 0 Rushden 3 -- that was a dead cert away victory.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Berks did as well as could be expected with the ammunition we gave him this week.

[/quote]

Well, yay & nay:

Grays 0 Rushden 3 -- that was a dead cert away victory.
[/quote]

Good to see you getting off the mark[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well, yay & nay:Grays 0 Rushden 3 -- that was a dead cert away victory.[/quote]

Good to see you getting off the mark[Y]

[/quote]

[Elvis voice]: Thang yer very much.I''ll soon climb that League Table.

[/quote]

Well, yay & nay:

[/quote]

well after your dead cert from last week went tits up and an away victory is always less likely, i wouldn''t have picked it!

No blaming or "i told you so''s" on this thread, its all for a good cause and fun for us all

[/quote]

Well, yay & nay:

[/quote]

Hello Shyster, I was just waiting for that!!! [W] Although, to be honest I am surprised it took you this long!!! lol [:P]

Look at Beau near the top of the league - I bet he''s got a nosebleed being that high, he''s not used to looking down on people! [;)]