Sign in to follow this  
seat124

Bobby Robson

Not ashamed to say that I am on the point of shedding tears watching an ex scummer on tv at the moment. Good luck Sir Bobby. A brave man. No one deserves cancer, he looks so ill and frail.

Top man, done so much for football. he is not an ex scummer he is an ex ipswich manager to me.

Sorry, habbit to call anyone connected with Ipswich a "scummer". He is a great man- and as i said, good luck with his fight against that dreadful disease.

I was in tears watching that on TV, and I think it will be the last time we see the great man on live TV.  I don''t care if he was part of those lot down the road, look past that and see a great man who has done so much for football.

thank you W.A.Y. - i thought it was just me. When he does go, i sincerely hope that a minutes silence will be impeccably observed at Carrow Road. As you say, i guess that it will be the last time we see him on live TV.

Absoloutely terrible to see the man in such a state.

[quote user="seat124"]thank you W.A.Y. - i thought it was just me. When he does go, i sincerely hope that a minutes silence will be impeccably observed at Carrow Road. As you say, i guess that it will be the last time we see him on live TV.[/quote]Not that this should make him even more deserving of sympathy than he would be anyway, but I believe he has happily advised Smith and Jones on managerial appointments and other footballing matters in the past.

It is really upsetting to see him this way  He has had a great life and one of the worlds gentleman footballersAs a youngster trying to make my way in the game he was very supportive and helpful.  He was still playing ( I know that makes me old) and I was going to the ground he would stop and give me a lift  all the other players drove passed the apprentices but he would stopHe would ask how you were getting on and ask if he could helpI still remember that vividlyLoved him 

Love the guy....Italia 90 will be forever remembered by me. One of the best World Cup Competitions I have ever had the pleasure to watch. I''ve seen a few as well.

Top Man!

Just hope and pray he can fight it and recover!!

Bobby Robson.........True Legend!

OTBC!

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

To me will always be the England manager that has taken us the closest to winning the world cup since i''ve been alive, nothing more, nothing less

A true legend of the game

[/quote]But even on top of the numerous achievements, it''s the fact that he''s gracious in victory, in defeat, and has a sense of humour. Lovely man.

An absolute and genuine legend. I had the honor of meeting him at Diss Town FC in 1989 while he was England manager. I was a lad at the time and had no idea what a true gent I was meeting.

I hope that the fight isn''t an impossible one for Uncle Bobby and if - as I sadly suspect it might be I hope it''s a dignified one. Someone such as him deserves nothing less.

Can''t help thinking what a hell of a battle he''s had over the last 17 years. An excellent manager and a decent human being too.

If there''s one thing I like about Ipswich it''s his statue outside the ground in Portman Road. It''s a fitting tribute to a real footballing legend.

Can only echo the sentiments on here.

Missed the match last night, but have seen pictures of Sir Bobby in the papers this morning, looking so frail in his wheelchair, but still smiling.

What a gent.

Good luck Sir Bobby.

I''d like to add to the warm sentiments expressed for Sir Bobby on this posting.Despite him being a previous manager of our fiecest rivals, its good to see supporters are not blinkered by their ignorance and recognise a true footballing gent, giant & legend...There is sanity on the Pink Un boards afterall...