Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Canary

Predictions for last 6 Games!

Sheffield Wednesday - Win

Swansea - Lose

Watford - Win

Ipswich - Lose (I hate to say it...)

Reading - Draw

Charlton - Draw (Can''t get the Fulham game out of my mind...)

51 points. Staying up on goal difference.

What''s your prediction''s.

If you''d have asked me 3 weeks ago I would have beeen too depressed to answer but with renewed faith and hope, here we go

Swansea - Lose

Watford - Win

Ipswich - Draw

Reading - Win

Charlton - Don''t care as we''ll have 53 points by then which will be enough.

Sheffield Wednesday (H) - Win - Keeping up the good form at home will be the basis of our survival

Swansea (A) - Lose - Can''t see us beating Swansea, the best side i''ve seen this season, on their home turf.

Watford (H) - Win - See Sheffield Wednesday

Ipswich (A) - Win - I really think we will beat the Scum in their back yard - don''t know why just have that feeling.

Reading (H) - Draw - Reading will be as desperate for points as us looking for an automatic spot but our form against top teams is good and I think we can get a point

Charlton (A) - Lose - 5 away wins in one season is too much to ask for and we don''t do last game of the season wins.

All in all 53 points to see us safe

Charlton Southampton and Nottingham Forest to Drop

Wolves (feeling slightly sick a I type this) and Reading to go up automatically

Burnley to go up via the playoffs.

ever the optimist i recon....

Shef Wed - W

Swansea - L

Watford - W

Ipswich - L

Reading - L

Charlton - L

49 points (what I predicted before) still should be enough though

Shef Wed - W

Swansea - D

Watford - W

Ipswich - W

Reading - W

Charlton - L

We should have beaten Reading away and based upon current form I see no reason why we can''t beat them at Carrow Road. We won''t have Mooney of course but this will give MacDonald the chance of starting alongside Lee. Could be a formidable partnership. Lee''s brawn and battling qualities and Mac''s pace and eye for goal.

Shef Wed - W

Swansea - D

Watford - W

Ipswich - D

Reading - W

Charlton - W

Very Over confident but i think we are playing some really good football and i can see us getting results from all our remaining games

Sheff Wed 0-0 Draw

Swansea 1-0 Win

Watford 2-1 Win

Ipswich 3-2 Loss

Reading 1-1 Draw

Charlton 1-0 Loss

8 points - Safe, but only just.

Sheff Wed     win

Swansea       draw

Watford       win

Ipswich       draw

Reading      draw

Charlton     win

55 points and finish 17th.

Sheff Wed (H) - L

Swansea (A) - L

Watford (H) - W

Ipswich (A) - L

Reading (H) - D

Charlton (A) - W

50 points... that will be very very close but goal difference might save us. I can''t imagine, by the way, not losing any of our remaining games. We may be doing a lot better recently but remember we are 20th in the table for a reason, we''re not Brazil.

Sheff Wed (H) -W

Swansea (A) - L

Watford (H) - D

Ipswich (A) - D

Reading (H) -L

Charlton (A) - W

I''ve said all along we''ll get 51 pts so I''ll stick to that, hope it''s enough.

I think this overlooks form. Swansea are certainly not the team they were. Could be a draw. On the other hand Watford are on thee up so anything there. The binners are struggling and their season is already over so they may not be so up for it. Given how many are heading out pofthe sinking shit many may not wish to incur an injury this close to the end of the season. Not the best way to get a contract with a new club.Plymouth are in free fall. Don''t expect much in the way of points from them. Likewise Forest. So many clubs playing each means that points will be acrued. Best we need is draws everytime one team plays another. As long as we pick up the odd win and draw when they do it''ll be ok.

Swansea - Draw

Watford - Draw

Ipswich - Draw

Reading - Draw

Charlton - Win.

Think a draw by the time of the Reading match will g''tee us safety - though I may be underestimating our results v Swansea and Reading. Big proviso is that Shackell stays fit.

Dont we have a history of poor results against Sheff Wednesday? Another 5-0 win would be sufficient and timely!

[quote user="bristol_canary"]

Sheffield Wednesday - Win 5-0

Swansea - Win 5-0

Watford - Win 5-0

Ipswich - Win 5-0

Reading - Win 5-0

Charlton - Win 5-0

looks like we''re staying up!

[/quote]lol..love it B_C [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="bristol_canary"]

Sheffield Wednesday - 1:1

Swansea - Win 2:1

Watford - Win 2:0

Ipswich - Win 100:0

Reading - lose 2:1

Charlton - Win 3:0

looks like we''re staying up!

[/quote]lol..love it B_C [Y][/quote]

predict the following

Norwich v Sheffield       3 points

Swansea V Norwich       1 point

Norwich V Watford        3 points

Ipswich V Norwich         1 point  ( and Safety )

Norwich v Reading        3 points ( Croft gets player of the year award )

Charlton V Norwich        3 points ( and us scoring 4 or more )  

So in a nutshell , unbeaten for the remainder of the season , Gunny, Butterworth, Deehan and Crook taking the applause for “The Great Escape “ on the walk round the pitch after the Reading game ( and deservedly so) , Lita also comes on for that and gets a standing ovation

Gunny , as he approached the Barclay to the “He’s got no hair” song runs up and does his head-but the crossbar routine J , much to the delights of the fans  

We all sing “staying up at Portman road “ just as the yella faithful did the previous week !!!

I''d love to think the general optimism here is justified.   But however I look at it, I think we''re going to have to win at Charlton on the last day to stay up.

I can see us getting four points at best from Sheffield Wednesday and Watford.   Lots of people on here have us winning both, but Watford are pretty much the form team in the division, and Wednesday are our bogey team.   They are both the kind of physical long ball teams we don''t do well against.   And does anyone really think we are going to win four home games on the trot?   So, I''d say four points at best.

And I think we''d do well to get one point from Swansea away and Ipswich away.   Swansea are by common consent a good side, and chasing a play off spot, and the binners will be up for it after their (non) performance at Carrow Road, so one draw from the two games would be realistic.

That would put us on 48 points before Reading and Charlton away.   I think we may need a high points total to stay up this year.    No one, apart from Charlton, is out of it, and it''s been a feature of this season that all the bottom teams keep getting results one wouldn''t expect, and going on mini runs.   So, we''ll find ourselves needing to beat Reading, for whom it will also matter.  I suspect one point from a tense game would be a good result.  Which would be 49 points.   I don''t think 50 will be enough this year, and that leaves us needing to win at Charlton.  52 points plus our goal difference will probably be enough.   But Charlton aren''t playing badly, despite their position, and I can''t seem to get Fulham away out of my mind.....

Not sure I can predict with this side - they are so unpredictable - showing they can compete and beat any team on their day.  We need at least 2 wins/ 6 points.

Reading seem to have a hex over us at the mo so am not confident of a win,  but feel we can geta  draw,   however a defeat will not surprise me.   Charlton,  well we are always awful last game of the season,  even more so if the pressure is on,  I am most confident of this result and a defeat,   I think Charlton will relax having been relegated by then.  Likewise I cant see anything other than a defeat at swansea.

Tahn - its a derby so any result is possible,   a draw for me again.  

That leaves the two home games against Weds and Watford.   with 2 points from the other games they become must win games to give us a hope of survival.   I have a feeling we will get 4 points from those two games - wins seem so hard for us to find...

So thats 6 points - it could be 12 if we continue as we are - which will leave us teetering on the brink.

Hoepfully I am wrong.

How about 2 goals conceded in 5 games?  That for me is the most significant issue going forward followed by 5 scored.   That form will get us 8+ points from 6 games

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]How about 2 goals conceded in 5 games?  That for me is the most significant issue going forward followed by 5 scored.   That form will get us 8+ points from 6 games[/quote]

Bang on the money. Our primary problem all season has been our porous defence, which has seen us either have to come back from behind ( too many to mention) or fail to hold onto leads (eg Saints and Preston). We have, in fact, got one of the best goals for records in the division (amazingly considering some of the rubbish we''ve played upfront), but also one of the worst goals against figures.

It''s an old cliche, but if you don''t concede you get at least a point!

Good interview with Butters on the Pink un site, which gives a good insight to what he has done to tighten up the defence, and guess what, it includes having several 6 footers to win headers in both penalty areas, along with players knowing, in simple words, what their defensive job is!. Gives me hope that we will continue this run of good form, and beat Wednesday and Watford at their own game.