Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

The snow

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]My college has closed for the day due to the appalling conditions so I''m v. happy [:D]

Anyone else loving the snow?
[/quote]

Did I hear right then, the FA would extend the dead line if the weather causes problems?

[/quote]

no I was right the first time

Why are the tubes in London closed? Isn''t it called an Underground for a reason?? Seriously, the slightest bit of snow and the entire South of the country comes to a complete stand-still.It''s snowed up here in Manchester too, pretty deep out where I live.  No problems getting into work and although things were moving a little slowly as people took more care it''s mostly been a case of wondering what the hell the fuss is all about....... get on with it, get to work, and stop being held back by a little bit of snow.  Its embarassing to be referred to as a Southerner up here, and this is precisely why..... sheesh!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Why are the tubes in London closed? Isn''t it called an Underground for a reason?? Seriously, the slightest bit of snow and the entire South of the country comes to a complete stand-still.

It''s snowed up here in Manchester too, pretty deep out where I live.  No problems getting into work and although things were moving a little slowly as people took more care it''s mostly been a case of wondering what the hell the fuss is all about....... get on with it, get to work, and stop being held back by a little bit of snow.  Its embarassing to be referred to as a Southerner up here, and this is precisely why..... sheesh!
[/quote]

You just have an advantage in moving through snow because of your low centre of gravity...

Besides, in the south our wallets weigh us down.[;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Why are the tubes in London closed? Isn''t it called an Underground for a reason?? Seriously, the slightest bit of snow and the entire South of the country comes to a complete stand-still.

It''s snowed up here in Manchester too, pretty deep out where I live.  No problems getting into work and although things were moving a little slowly as people took more care it''s mostly been a case of wondering what the hell the fuss is all about....... get on with it, get to work, and stop being held back by a little bit of snow.  Its embarassing to be referred to as a Southerner up here, and this is precisely why..... sheesh!
[/quote]

Alot of the underground is actually over ground!!

[quote user="Philipo87"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Why are the tubes in London closed? Isn''t it called an Underground for a reason?? Seriously, the slightest bit of snow and the entire South of the country comes to a complete stand-still.It''s snowed up here in Manchester too, pretty deep out where I live.  No problems getting into work and although things were moving a little slowly as people took more care it''s mostly been a case of wondering what the hell the fuss is all about....... get on with it, get to work, and stop being held back by a little bit of snow.  Its embarassing to be referred to as a Southerner up here, and this is precisely why..... sheesh![/quote]

Alot of the underground is actually over ground!!

[/quote]Yes, but apparently its not wombling free, is it?!

[quote user="coops"]Snow? I''m in Hethersett (near wymondham) and no snow whatsoever. Not only do players not want to come to Norfolk, neither does the snow.[/quote]

got quite a lot in norwich too .... me and the rest of the guys been sent home nice and paid :P lol .... perks of working at a golf club lol the snow lasts for a while ;)

i live in norwich, but work in ipswich, if the snow gets worse i might get stuck here!

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="Kevin Keelan"]I''d like to confirm that it''s not snowing in Hong Kong[/quote]

Source? [:P]
[/quote]

tomato

I have about 40-50 cm of snow here and currently -10c...Although the sun is shining and it´s a perfect winterday here in the middle of Sweden

[quote user="Calle"]I have about 40-50 cm of snow here and currently -10c...Although the sun is shining and it´s a perfect winterday here in the middle of Sweden[/quote]

Show Off!

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]4-6 inches in Kent too[/quote]

Took the wife out to lunch so it''s 6-8 inches down here..............................................

Mark .Y.

(I won''t get banned will I ???)

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]Branston Pickle - where abouts in SW London? I am based in Wandsworth Common - had a fun 7:30 walk to the station to find all trains off and no buses.[/quote]

I''m Surbiton - not too far from you; looks like no trains, no buses, no tube for the large part today....perhaps playing in the snow with my kids (nursery closed, too) is the order of the day!

[/quote]

God, how did we survive the Blitz?[:|]

[/quote]

lol different types of charecter come out during wars, all pulling together etc.

Lots of snow here, we''ve both got the day off after being awake all night watching the superbowl, got extra milk and bread yesterday, so not going outside at all. [:)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]Branston Pickle - where abouts in SW London? I am based in Wandsworth Common - had a fun 7:30 walk to the station to find all trains off and no buses.[/quote]

I''m Surbiton - not too far from you; looks like no trains, no buses, no tube for the large part today....perhaps playing in the snow with my kids (nursery closed, too) is the order of the day!

[/quote]

God, how did we survive the Blitz?[:|]

[/quote]By not being born yet!!

I''m in London and have never seen snow so deep. Just been for a wander round Richmond park and in places its up to yer knees! It hasn''t stopped snowing for the last 12 hours and doesn''t look like it wants to either!

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

I''m in London and have never seen snow so deep. Just been for a wander round Richmond park and in places its up to yer knees! It hasn''t stopped snowing for the last 12 hours and doesn''t look like it wants to either!

[/quote]

Very rare to get such a lot of snow in London as it''s normally too warm.  Hope you took some photo''s lol

It''s bizarre. London has come to a complete standstill, a lot of the tube lines are shut and the bus services are completely suspended. According to Mr Fish and his mates at the weather centre it''s not going to stop any time soon.

Got some good photo''s of Richmond park, and a few from last night''s 11pm snow ball fight! :-)

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

It''s bizarre. London has come to a complete standstill, a lot of the tube lines are shut and the bus services are completely suspended. According to Mr Fish and his mates at the weather centre it''s not going to stop any time soon.

Got some good photo''s of Richmond park, and a few from last night''s 11pm snow ball fight! :-)

[/quote]

lol good man, it''s compulsary snowball weather, snow angels are great [:)]

London will come to a standstill as it''s really not used to getting that amount of snow.  Although I am really suprised they haven''t gritted the main roads and kept the lines clear, they had plenty of warning from the met office.

Looking out the window right at this minute, i wouldn''t be surprised if Norwich came to a standstill in a couple of hours too, for those who HAVE to travel either to or from work over the next few hours pleases drive carefully! [sn]

[quote user="Canary Cupcake"]Looking out the window right at this minute, i wouldn''t be surprised if Norwich came to a standstill in a couple of hours too, for those who HAVE to travel either to or from work over the next few hours pleases drive carefully! [sn][/quote]

This is the latest from the met office.

East of England:

60%Bedfordshire
60%Cambridgeshire
60%Essex
60%Hertfordshire
60%Luton
60%Norfolk
60%Peterborough
60%Southend-on-Sea
60%Suffolk
60%Thurrock
Heavy Snow1213 Mon 22359 Mon 2

There is a High Risk of a Severe Weather event affecting much of England and Wales on Monday. Periods of snow will continue to extend northwestwards through the day, with heavy falls likely in places. Although marked variations will occur from place to place, 5-10cm is likely in many areas with as much as 20-30cm possible, especially over higher ground. Drifting will occur in fresh to strong easterly winds. This could cause disruption to travel networks, especially across higher level routes.

This Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Issued at: 1219 Mon 2 Feb

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

Was thinking of nipping up there for a look, were the roads reasonably ok up there?  If so, I might pop along with the kids...

Snowing heavily but its very fine wet stuff here just south of Norwich.

Roads all clear and barely half an inch laying on my lawn. Looks like it could turn to rain soon.

To be honest with you the roads aren''t great. I''ve just talked myself out of going to ASDA as it doesn''t look very safe.

Richmond park itself is closed to vehicles but there were cars on the road outside it - albeit driving extremely slowly. I wouldn''t like to say either way whether you should drive to it or not, especially if you''re taking the nippers.