Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

I''m with inchy on this one and back with Olympiakos for the third time in a row. Olympiakos to win OFI Crete. OFI are 3rd bottom, 1 win in 4 (3 losses). Olympiakos are just stolling the league and have won their last 4 in a row and have only dropped points a measly 4 times this season in 18 games. Good luck pups!

Man Utd to beat Spurs. Redknapp said last night he will be putting out "his weakest possible team", so if he''s telling the truth, it''s a certain United win. Even if he isn''t, Spurs are rubbish.

RIP Ray. I never met him, but his posts on here were a joy to behold, and he never forgot that we are all on the same side. Top man.

I''d go with the majority and say Chelsea to beat the scum. This is my first time on this thread; I felt compelled to get involved following the tragic loss of Ray recently... please could someone explain to a complete novice exactly how it works? Cheers [:)]

[quote user="Coelho"]I''d go with the majority and say Chelsea to beat the scum. This is my first time on this thread; I felt compelled to get involved following the tragic loss of Ray recently... please could someone explain to a complete novice exactly how it works? Cheers [:)][/quote]id go with that, never done this before so do enlighten us.

Hello everybody, its my first time as a pinkun picker so go easy everybody! I havent had the chance to post on the board for a while and i would just like to take this opportunity to say how much Ray will be be missed and how id like to thank him for giving me the chance to take part in being a pinkun picker. Also, credit goes to Nutty for keeping the raise funds for foncy going and he deserves a big pat on the back!

Anyway, back to this weeks picks, keep your naps coming in and if its alright with Nutty, i''ll make my final six naps friday night! The nerves are starting to kick in haha!

Thanks everyone!

Coelho and MIA.From a Wednesday, we all predict and post the result (not the score) of a game from the weekend''s fixtures, that is our ''nap''. Usually the games are to be played on the Saturday or Sunday. The chosen picker for that week then decides which are the six best naps, usually on a Friday night, and those picks then form our free bet with the bookie, Billy Dixon, who generously fronts the stake money. We win if we get all six results correct - all winning proceeds then go to Foncy. Nutty then keeps a brilliant ''league table'' of the top 50 pickers, who have picked for at least half the games previously played that season. He usually publishes this, along with other stats on a Monday morning. Hope this helps  

[quote user="Coelho"]I''d go with the majority and say Chelsea to beat the scum. This is my first time on this thread; I felt compelled to get involved following the tragic loss of Ray recently... please could someone explain to a complete novice exactly how it works? Cheers [:)][/quote]It isn''t hard. You simply say the game that you want to nap for this week.For example Chelsea to beat Ipswich if you think that, or Histon to beat Grays

[quote user="astrodyne"]Coelho and MIA.From a Wednesday, we all predict and post the result (not the score) of a game from the weekend''s fixtures, that is our ''nap''. Usually the games are to be played on the Saturday or Sunday. The chosen picker for that week then decides which are the six best naps, usually on a Friday night, and those picks then form our free bet with the bookie, Billy Dixon, who generously fronts the stake money. We win if we get all six results correct - all winning proceeds then go to Foncy. Nutty then keeps a brilliant ''league table'' of the top 50 pickers, who have picked for at least half the games previously played that season. He usually publishes this, along with other stats on a Monday morning. Hope this helps   [/quote]Just a small correction to the well put post above.The chosen picker for the week decides which he/she feels are good or they could completely ignore us all and go with 6 of their own. Most of all it''s a fun thread, for the benifit of the academy where we like to keep it light hearted and arguement free.

Yes well done Astro and Inchy. You have summed it up perfectly.

Thanks to Ray''s lovely daughter Marie I am now in possession of the rota that Ray had prepared to the end of the season. I am pleased to have this because that means that the free bet will carry on for the rest of the season just as Ray had planned it.

Jan 24th

Canary Ryan

Jan 31st

Lucky Green Trainers

Feb 7th

Newyorkcanary

Feb 14th

Shack Attack

Feb 21st

MacDougall’s Perm

Feb 28th

Leeds Canary

Mar 7th

Gentleman Jim

Mar 14th

Yankee Canary

Mar 21st

Delia’s Devon...

Mar 28th

Inch High

Apr 4th

Mister Chops

Apr 11th

Blahblahblah

Apr 18th

Norfolkchance1

Apr 25th

Obiwancanary

May 2nd

Beaker

May 9th

Fellas

Many thanks to the PUP''s who offered to fill in if required. I will be doing my best to secure the free bet next season and if I''m successful Methcanary, Cityangel, Muddy Funster and GazzaTCC will be doing the first 4 weeks final selections.

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Hello everybody, its my first time as a pinkun picker so go easy everybody! I havent had the chance to post on the board for a while and i would just like to take this opportunity to say how much Ray will be be missed and how id like to thank him for giving me the chance to take part in being a pinkun picker. Also, credit goes to Nutty for keeping the raise funds for foncy going and he deserves a big pat on the back!

Anyway, back to this weeks picks, keep your naps coming in and if its alright with Nutty, i''ll make my final six naps friday night! The nerves are starting to kick in haha!

Thanks everyone!

[/quote]

Friday night is perfect Ryan. I will be working until very late but rest assured I will pick them up in time to put them on with Billy Dixon on Saturday morning. Don''t be nervous, there is no blame on the free bet thread. This week the free bet thread belongs to you and all the PUPs will be fully behind your selections[Y]

Hi All,

Great to see so many new pickers this week!

Caernarfon v THE NEW SAINTS FC (TNS) in the welsh premiership for me this week - AWAY WIN

Caernarfon languishing at the bottom of the table, while TNS are unusually playing catch up in their bid for champions league status once more.

Good luck Ryan.

Leeds Canary (Young Gun)

Ooops! Thinking about all this I nearly forgot my selection!!

Since mid November AZ Alkmaar have won every game and haven''t conceded a goal anywhere. Their home record this season is W8 D0 L1 F23 A4 while De Graafschap''s away record reads W1 D2 L6 F5 A18. So my nap this week is : -

AZ Alkmaar    V     De Graafschap    Home Win

Good luck Ryan and all us PUPs.

I''m off back to the Conference this week. Third placed Crawley (home stats 9-3-2-31-14) entertain Oxford (away stats) 2-3-8-13-24) so.....

Crawley Town v Oxford Utd......Home win.

Good luck Canary Ryan. [Y]

Since ''Arrys been spouting off about playing his weakest possible team and let''s face it Tottenhams first team aren''t exactly dangerous at the moment I have to go with Man Utd to beat Tottenham in the early evening kickoff.

Finally can make a pick! In the lovely town of Port Macquarie, its bloody hot, and a lot has happened Norwich city wise! Hope everyone will get behind Gunny and the team.Anyway...Two dead certs in my opinion this week, I assume several people have picked them already but..Im sure Ray would have been all over Olympiakos to take care of Crete. Olympiakos have won 10 out of 10 at home, 24 goals scored, 5 conceded. Crete are third from bottom.Best of luck Ryan, go with your instinct, and have fun!