Sign in to follow this  
Ali Dia

Doherty - worst defender in the league

How he wasn''t released in the Summer god only knows.  Must have been sympathy.

He is to the Championship, what Titus Bramble is to the Premier league.

No positional awareness, no pace whatsoever, and is a thorough liability.

How managers haven''t seen this, and no doubt a few fans who will reply to this post in his defence, is beyond me.

He is a thorough waste of a wage.

You clearly not nothing about football. Surely this is a wind up? The Doc is a top player, and should never have been released. He is such an unsung hero. I bet you probably also thought Elvis Hammond was a true great striker?!!

Reliable for only one thing - mistakes. 

Slow, no positional awareness, and not a good tackler.  Can header the ball certainly, making him a threat to the opposition''s goal, but overall - more so to his own.

Having a guy like him in defence week in week is one of many reasons we are in the position we''re in.

And anyone who disagrees, has the same degree of naivety, and lack of ambition, as the club who put him out there on the pitch.

Nice guy, works his a55 off no doubt, but just isn''t good enough. 

Why does anyone bother to reply to these obvious wind up threads, oops I just did [:)]

The Doc has been solid for a long time against Swansea he was solid, he is just unlucky, if he was so rubbish he would never of won player of the season.

Give the guy a break, he is norwich through and through, why do people keep puttign down the players that want to play for us and give there all in a norwich shirt, its the same with croft.

I''m all for players putting their all in for the club.  We don''t have enough players that care.  The lack of local players who are good enough coming through the youth ranks is one of the main reasons for that.  But just because someone puts in their all, doesn''t make them good enough.  Gary Holt wasn''t the best player, but during his better seasons for the club, his effort made up for that.  Doherty however, just doesn''t have the ability despite his effort.  He cannot tackle, has no pace, and all too often is all over players.  He is a liability.

Sorry Ali, I dont agree... I think the Doc has been good since he''s been back from injury, must more assured since the Shackell partnership last season. Also the doc is recognised as one of the quickest players in the squad... perhaps not turn of pace speed, which is why sometimes his hands tend to ''roam'', but he regularly keeps quick strikers at bay once going at full speed.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]must admit that challenge on tyson that led to the red card was awfull, no where near the ball[/quote]

I can imagine Stefanovic doing the same thing. IMO, he really was a liability. Yes, he brought experience but he had lost his pace and compensated by chopping players down. How he didn''t get sent off in the first half at Coventry I really don''t know. I winced when he chopped down the Coventry player, it was so clumsy and obvious. 

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

The Doc has been solid for a long time against Swansea he was solid, he is just unlucky, if he was so rubbish he would never of won player of the season.

Give the guy a break, he is norwich through and through, why do people keep puttign down the players that want to play for us and give there all in a norwich shirt, its the same with croft.

[/quote]

But not Pattison?  [:|]

[quote user="we are top league we are top league "]i will swap you neill collins for him[/quote]

If you want to get promoted then you arnt going to want to see Doherty and Shackell together in your defence. Both decent enough for this level, but absolutely terrible together. Imo Shackell will hold up better in the prem if you get there. As for Doherty, the guy plays with his heart on his sleeve, we dont have any alternatives and in general this season he''s been reliable, so lets get behind him.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]

But not Pattison?  [:|]

[/quote]

Yep [Y], Crapyson is really bad, unlike Croft and The Doc, they try for the whole game, unlucky Crapyson who plays for 45 mins then starts runnign round liek a head chicken, making poor passes and loseing the ball

[quote user="Ali Dia"]

Reliable for only one thing - mistakes. 

Slow, no positional awareness, and not a good tackler.  Can header the ball certainly, making him a threat to the opposition''s goal, but overall - more so to his own.

Having a guy like him in defence week in week is one of many reasons we are in the position we''re in.

And anyone who disagrees, has the same degree of naivety, and lack of ambition, as the club who put him out there on the pitch.

Nice guy, works his a55 off no doubt, but just isn''t good enough. 

[/quote]The Doc is the quickest centre back we have at Norwich, against Forest Tyson was through on goal and had left Kennedy for dead, but the Doc showed the pace to get back, and he wasn''t a million miles of the ball, if you look at the replay he was only a couple of inches from making contact with the ball before he did the player. I''ve always been a fan of the Doc, and have always stood up for him when he was being criticized, he has never been as poor as people make out, it was always Shackell who was the weak link in our defence. And you admit he is a good header of the ball, but say he puts our own goal more under pressure from his headers? What the hell are you on about? He is superb in the air, and can get good distance on his headers, not many people, if anyone, can beat the Doc in the air in this league, look at how subdued Iwelumo was in the air against the Doc, you need to open your eyes Ali Dia, because your watching a different game to the rest of us!

He does worry me sometimes with the situations he gets himself into but then I just remind myself of him blazing down the right flank against Swansea and it all seems a bit better. [:D]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]must admit that challenge on tyson that led to the red card was awfull, no where near the ball[/quote]

Ahah Lincoln, but he stopped him scoring, and we won the game, job done [;)]

Docs been our best player this season.. certainly our most consistent... fair play to him and i hope he keeps it up

jas :)

[quote user="Ali Dia"]

How managers haven''t seen this, and no doubt a few fans who will reply to this post in his defence, is beyond me.

[/quote]

Ya having a laugh aren''t ya?

Best defender at the club, better than the over rated Kennedy and Stefanovic!

Benn largely spotless up to the sending off so far this season!

Unfortunate sending off and he deserved to go but I don''t think he had little other option!

[quote user="Ali Dia"]

[/quote]

I obviously missed your tenure as England''s manager. Now my sweet darling can you enlighten us poor unfortunates and indeed delight us with your very own selection at centre half tomorrow evening ? and if indeed you could furnish us with your undoubted pears of wisdom I will call you my very own lovely old boy....[;)]....arrdee.

Defo BINNER... Doc despite his sending off is already in the list for POS and if it wasn''t for Marshall i''d be voting for him!