Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Yes you lovely old Pickers here we are on week 13 and its time to make your selection for the weekend , Its the lovely Leeds Canary in charge this week , so lets give him all the help we can , all you have to do is post a single team that you are sure will win this weekend and you will be helping our great club no end . You have all of the u. k. and Europe to select from as the wonderful Billy Dixon of Dixmar Racing will take anything we care to throw at him, and give us the best prices available into the bargain .

I hope all of you Pickers have recovered from last weekend when the excitement and entertainment provided by Inch High held no bounds , we had Gentleman Jim worrying about the state of his heart , Fellas and Trent worrying if dark forces were involved , with Young Gun doing some kind of crazy dance that left him shell-shocked , now we better hope Young Gun has recovered as he is making the final selections . so here we are Kevin its over to you the Free Bet is in your hands . you lovely old Leeds you....[Y]....arrdee.

[8]I wake up in the morning
And I raise my weary head
I got an old pink ''un for a pillow
And Carrow Road was last night''s bed
I don''t know who I''m picking
Until all your Naps I''ve seen
I''m a Canary on the run
A football lover
Looking for the wins

When you''re brought onto this message board
They say you''re born to pick
Well at least Dixmar gave us something
We didn''t have to steal - we have to win
Well they tell me that I''m a Picker
Yeah I''m a Picking man
I''m the Doc in his stable
I''m what Hucks was to Eadie
Billy Dixon catch me if you can

I''m picking naps in a blaze of glory
Phone the Bookies, but don''t tell Ruth
I''m picking now in a blaze of glory
Arrdee, I never picked first
But I''ll pick my best
To beat Billy Dixon
Call me young gun

You ask about my picking
And I hope for lots of goals
You ask If I''m a keep the faither
Well I ask if there''s any faith to keep
You ask me if I''ve known Delia
And what it''s like to watch games in the rain
Well,I''ve seen players come
And I''ve seen dreams shot down
I''ve seen promotion hopes die in vain

Picking in a blaze of glory
''Cause I''m picking in a blaze of glory
But I''ll pick my best
To beat Billy Dixon
Call me young gun

Each night I go to bed
I pray the Lord my picks to win
''Cos I''ve been studying the fixture list
But before I choose my picks
Pups,I got to ask a favour
And I''ll hope you''ll all pick well
we''ll be smiling Saturday at Six
And Billy''s profits gone down the pan

Staring down the fixtures
Let me make my final picks

Help me Pups, Arrdee & Ruth
''Cos I''m picking in a blaze of glory
Arrdee I never picked first
But I''ll pick my best
To beat Billy Dixon
Call me young gun
I''m a young gun[8]

My nap will be Peterbrough to beat Hereford this week, Peterborough are going well at the moment while Hereford''s away record is dreadful.

The free bet is in safe hands with Leeds Canary this week and I feel we''ll be celebrating on Sunday after last weeks very near miss.

Now Young Gun I suspect you have had that ready waiting for me to open the Free Bet pages , All I have to say is "by Jovi that was good"....[Y]....arrdee.

Rotherham vs. Wycombe.  Wycombe are flying at the top of League 2, while Rotherham have lost 2 home games on the spin and have 8 points from their 14 games.  For that reason it''s got to be a Wycombe win. Peter Taylor knows the division well enough to negotiate this one.

[quote user="arrdee"]Now Young Gun I suspect you have had that ready waiting for me to open the Free Bet pages , All I have to say is "by Jovi that was good"....[Y]....arrdee.[/quote]

Yes Ray, I had it ready to cut n paste as soon as I saw the thread! I''m glad you enjoyed it, as it took ages to get the words to fit!

I''m really looking forward to my picks this week and can''t wait to see what all the other pups come up with for my consideration.

For Nutty Nigel''s records this week I''m sticking with the Welsh and its cup week, so THE NEW SAINTS v  Penrhyncoch HOME WIN gets my Nap this week.

"C''mon Billy - Get yer guns, I''ll make ya famous"!!!

League Two fun again....[:)]Bradford versus Barnet - Bradford home winGood luck to all you pups[&] and especially leedscanary[Y]

Last week I had an e-mail from Cosmic Twin , as Cosmic would be away on holiday Cosmic didn''t want to miss out , Cosmic''s "nap" is Dumbarton . Another case of a Picker that doesn''t want to miss out.Wonderful just wonderful....arrdee.

Assuming the weather allows play in Scotland......look no further than Dumbarton to beat Berwick.  Dumbarton unbeaten in 7 and scoring freely, Berwick with only 1 win in 11 games and only scored twice on their travels in the league all season.

Gotta be worth a shot as a nap. [Y]

I desperately need a change of fortune so into the Blue Square this week for what I think is a formality......

Kidderminster v Grays Ath....... Home win

Kidderminster home record. 8 6 1 1 14 4.

Grays away record. 8 0 0 8 3 14.

Good luck Leeds.  [Y]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Damn, between to the pick by Ray himself.......[/quote]

Now P''boro, No that is not my "nap" well not yet , I am still thinking about it , Dumbarton is Cosmic''s "nap"....arrdee.

[quote user="leedscanary"]

[8]I wake up in the morning
And I raise my weary head
I got an old pink ''un for a pillow
And Carrow Road was last night''s bed
I don''t know who I''m picking
Until all your Naps I''ve seen
I''m a Canary on the run
A football lover
Looking for the wins

When you''re brought onto this message board
They say you''re born to pick
Well at least Dixmar gave us something
We didn''t have to steal - we have to win
Well they tell me that I''m a Picker
Yeah I''m a Picking man
I''m the Doc in his stable
I''m what Hucks was to Eadie
Billy Dixon catch me if you can

I''m picking naps in a blaze of glory
I''m picking now in a blaze of glory
But I''ll pick my best
To beat Billy Dixon
Call me young gun

You ask about my picking
And I hope for lots of goals
You ask If I''m a keep the faither
Well I ask if there''s any faith to keep
You ask me if I''ve known Delia
And what it''s like to watch games in the rain
Well,I''ve seen players come
And I''ve seen dreams shot down
I''ve seen promotion hopes die in vain

''Cause I''m picking in a blaze of glory
But I''ll pick my best
To beat Billy Dixon
Call me young gun

Each night I go to bed
I pray the Lord my picks to win
''Cos I''ve been studying the fixture list
But before I choose my picks
Pups,I got to ask a favour
And I''ll hope you''ll all pick well
we''ll be smiling Saturday at Six
And Billy''s profits gone down the pan

Staring down the fixtures
Let me make my final picks

Help me Pups, Arrdee & Ruth
''Cos I''m picking in a blaze of glory
Arrdee I never picked first
But I''ll pick my best
To beat Billy Dixon
Call me young gun
I''m a young gun[8]

[/quote]

Apart from it being odds on that you have waayyy too much time on your hands, my best bet this week is:

ANNAN ATHLETIC to beat Spartans

Manchester Utd to beat Hull City

we all know manutd they need no write up. i think hulls bubble will burst in style in the next two matches.

who knows city will play - but they''re 3-1 to win away at burnley - who''ve had two full on matches recently against charlton away and reading at home - they could be feeling these exertions??? and a small punt on narrrwich might succeed...but qpr have had 2 even tougher matches - these were against reading away, and brum at home last night where they won despite playing with 10 men for most of the match - brum chucked everything they had 2nd half, but couldn''t see  a way through (rather like us at carra rd)...i don''t believe rangers will recover in time and will be ripe for the taking,,,so - i''m going for ipswich to beat qpr at home @ 5-4 odds,,,

[quote user="top the leauge and we avin a laugh"]

Manchester Utd to beat Hull City

we all know manutd they need no write up. i think hulls bubble will burst in style in the next two matches.

[/quote]yeah agreed - losing already - i thought their bubble would burst against wba last weekend and had a small punt - ouch, hull won 3-0!!!  not this time though...

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Damn, between to the pick by Ray himself.......[/quote]

Now P''boro, No that is not my "nap" well not yet , I am still thinking about it , Dumbarton is Cosmic''s "nap"....arrdee.

[/quote]

Ooops, misread it in my disappointment that someone else had spotted this before I had the chance to look clever [:''(]

Blue Square Conference Premiership:

Cambridge United v Rushden and Diamonds  - HOME WIN

Rushden in complete disarray as a club with most of the team on the transfer list.............

I have changed my mind for what my ''nap'' will be this week many times. In the end it was down to 3 or 4 matches from various leagues in Europe. But now I have decided my choice this week will come from the Swedish leagues. Top of the table Kalmar FF are at home to bottom of the table IFK Norrkoping. Norrkoping have only picked up 17 points from 28 games. Compare that to Kalmar''s 57. 50 points different speaks for itself...
However, my only concern is that it is nearing the end of their season and Kalmar may already be gauranteed the title. Meaning they may not field their strongest side. I''m hoping this is not the case but I have decided to stick with it anyway. Kalmar beat Norrkoping 3-1 away earlier in their season, so I''m sure they should pull off a decent result in front of their home crowd.

So it''s Kalmar FF V Norrkoping  - Home win.

My nap this week is Sochaux vs LYON - Away win!

Lyon are currently 2nd in the french premier league and Sochaux are rock bottom, Lyon have only lost one game away from home this season! Its a dead cert for me!