Sign in to follow this  
snakepiter

hoolahan out on loan

Apparently Wes Hoolahan was in the Ribs of Beef on Saturday night and reckons he off to Wolves on loan and if Roader is still here in January he wants out permanatly.They had a big bust up in the dressing room after the Southampton debacle and King Roader wants him out.

It does seem odd how it''s panned out for Wes since his arrival. Billed as Huckerby''s ''replacement'' he would have been expecting to feature heavily in most games. Given that we are lacking in creative players, and pre season Cureton was quoted as saying Wes might play in the ''hole'' behind the striker(s), it seems strange how Roeder hasn''t given him more time to gel into the side.

I think that''s the big problem at the moment. The side haven''t had enough games with a settled line up to go on a run like we did last season - 13 games with a settled line up. (Of course, injuries are partly to blame). The players aren''t used to each others games but they would be with time. I like Roeder''s effort but his lack of patience is astonishing. I still think he''s applying Premier League solutions to a Championship problem, ie try to improve the quality with more and more signings, one false move and your fighting for your shirt again. Lita seems a good idea but does he have the pre season that Cureton had with the likes of Wes, Rusty, Croft where they seemed to develop an understanding? Obviously not, he arrived Friday and with time could be good, except he''ll be back at Reading before we can blink. His appearance is a short term fix that so far hasn''t worked. Teams like Blackpool seem lacking in quality yet are more consistent than us, without any famous names in the side.

If Wes goes to Wolves on loan then good luck to him - in some ways we need to decide what our best starting eleven is and with all these wide midfielders around, we never seem to get it right.

I can''t believe we sacked Worthy with a point more on the board than we have now. His lack of activity in the transfer market was refreshing, and led to a more settled side, that had a bad patch, from which it would have recovered. He knows this league inside out and we''re yet to find his equal at this level with either of his replacements.

[quote user="venta icenorum"]

I can''t believe we sacked Worthy with a point more on the board than we have now. His lack of activity in the transfer market was refreshing, and led to a more settled side, that had a bad patch, from which it would have recovered. He knows this league inside out and we''re yet to find his equal at this level with either of his replacements.

[/quote]

I have to strongly agree with you here.....probably going to get hammered for it but Worthy should''ve stayed.......Whats needed now is cash and just look how much was wasted by paying up his contract, not to mention what was wasted on Grant and his players!

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]after tonights shocker i would be suprised to ever see him in a norwich shirt again[/quote]

Not a game to remember for him then?

Worthingtons football was shite. You seem to forget very easily

As for our best 11, its early days yet. Combinations need to be tried and changed and tried again. It takes time. Fans are so short term, its instant success or out the door.

Give it 12 months. Nothing much will happen before that

I used to work at the Ribs of Beef, 15 or so years ago. Nice pub in a nice location right on the river but I never saw any Norwich footballers in there. Back then they never had any music in the evenings. Made it very difficult to get people to leave at closing time as we couldn''t turn off the music to kill the atmosphere. Is it still the same?Before that I worked for nearly 2 years at The Wild Man until we were all sacked for being friends - weird. It was much more fun there as it was always packed at the weekends and friends & off-duty bar-staff would visit during the week. The added advantage was that, because we let club staff give out leaflets in the pub (and gave them free drinks) I didn''t have to pay to go in any club in the city or pay for any drinks [:D] This was all while I was at college so being paid to spend time in a pub and getting free club entry and drinks was very much appreciated [:)]Anyway, this is way off topic, just a bit or Memory Lane for me [;)]

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]after tonights shocker i would be suprised to ever see him in a norwich shirt again[/quote]He was awful. Fancy looking out of your depth against Southend reserves...

[quote user="Wighty"]Hoolahan would be better used behind the front two, thus putting his obvious pace and passing skill to good use. Bit of a waste sticking him out on the wing.
[/quote]

Pace ? we watching the same player ?

I do agree about behind the front two though. Obviously his impact upon a game depends upon how and where he is used. From what I''ve seen of Wesley,.. Huckerby, Eadie, Ruel he ain''t...but a very interesting, creative player nevertheless.

BUT MUST BE USED TO SUIT HIS GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn''t be arsed to go tonight. How bad is that ?!

How bad were/was    we / he?

On a tangent, one of the barmaids in the Ribs of Beef is amazing...

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Ooop''s another billy bulls**ter bites the dust.[;)][/quote]

We could do with a regularly updated list of bull****ing posters just to keep on top of these things.

Worthy had to go. Because things are still so bad people forget. The problem is since sacking Worthy we''ve never brought in the right manager.

[quote user="IBA"]As for our best 11, its early days yet. Combinations need to be tried and changed and tried again. It takes time. Fans are so short term, its instant success or out the door. Give it 12 months. Nothing much will happen before that[/quote]

If half the team return to their respective clubs at the end of the season (if not sooner), what makes you think anything will have changed in 12 months?

wolves are chasing wayne routledge and made enquires into adam johnson. no offence but we''re aiming bit better than hollahan! kightly is back in 2weeks and then we will play carlos edwards and kightly on the wings. so i doubt we''re even loan a player

[quote user="we8wba"]

wolves are chasing wayne routledge and made enquires into adam johnson. no offence but we''re aiming bit better than hollahan! kightly is back in 2weeks and then we will play carlos edwards and kightly on the wings. so i doubt we''re even loan a player

[/quote]

Oooooo listen to you, all buttered scone and Grand Piano.

i cant really reply without sounding bigheaded or mentioning my side but these my thoughts....

the lad isnt getting in your 1st team and many fans moaning at him on here. i cant say this next bit without getting slaughtered but currently we have a better side than you! so i doubt we would sign him for any reason. i say this and he''ll sign now you watch!

[quote user="Lazza"]I used to work at the Ribs of Beef, 15 or so years ago. Nice pub in a nice location right on the river but I never saw any Norwich footballers in there. Back then they never had any music in the evenings. Made it very difficult to get people to leave at closing time as we couldn''t turn off the music to kill the atmosphere. Is it still the same?Before that I worked for nearly 2 years at The Wild Man until we were all sacked for being friends - weird. It was much more fun there as it was always packed at the weekends and friends & off-duty bar-staff would visit during the week. The added advantage was that, because we let club staff give out leaflets in the pub (and gave them free drinks) I didn''t have to pay to go in any club in the city or pay for any drinks [:D] This was all while I was at college so being paid to spend time in a pub and getting free club entry and drinks was very much appreciated [:)]Anyway, this is way off topic, just a bit or Memory Lane for me [;)][/quote]Strange pub is the old Beef Ribs - not one thing or another - could do with a jolly good clean me thinks.

[quote user="snakepiter"]Apparently Wes Hoolahan was in the Ribs of Beef on Saturday night and reckons he off to Wolves on loan and if Roader is still here in January he wants out permanatly.They had a big bust up in the dressing room after the Southampton debacle and King Roader wants him out.[/quote]

i know i say it often on this board, and i dont want it to become tired but theres a phrase needed to sum up what you have said.....

Altogether now....

B****CKS!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="snakepiter"]Apparently Wes Hoolahan was in the Ribs of Beef on Saturday night and reckons he off to Wolves on loan and if Roader is still here in January he wants out permanatly.They had a big bust up in the dressing room after the Southampton debacle and King Roader wants him out.[/quote]

i know i say it often on this board, and i dont want it to become tired but theres a phrase needed to sum up what you have said.....

Altogether now....

B****CKS!

jas :)

[/quote]Ahhhhh. It''s just like being at a festival............. Good times! [:D]

[quote user="Lazza"]I used to work at the Ribs of Beef, 15 or so years ago. Nice pub in a nice location right on the river but I never saw any Norwich footballers in there. Back then they never had any music in the evenings. Made it very difficult to get people to leave at closing time as we couldn''t turn off the music to kill the atmosphere. Is it still the same?
Before that I worked for nearly 2 years at The Wild Man until we were all sacked for being friends - weird. It was much more fun there as it was always packed at the weekends and friends & off-duty bar-staff would visit during the week. The added advantage was that, because we let club staff give out leaflets in the pub (and gave them free drinks) I didn''t have to pay to go in any club in the city or pay for any drinks [:D]
 This was all while I was at college so being paid to spend time in a pub and getting free club entry and drinks was very much appreciated [:)]

Anyway, this is way off topic, just a bit or Memory Lane for me [;)]
[/quote]

In 1972 the first season we got to the top flight I used to work in the Woolpack next door to the EDP, which was one of the players'' favourite haunts in those days - David Cross, Terry Anderson, Graham Paddon and Peter Silvester were regulars (no, I never saw them on Friday night before you ask!) and Kevin Keelan seemed to be a mate of the owner or possibly a business partner as he was often to be found in their sitting room upstairs.  Terry was my favourite, cheeky smile and naughty eyes, such a tragedy what happened to him.

It was when 8-track had just come in, that''s how long ago it was, and we used to play Bread and the Eagles during the day and Fleetwood Mac at night. It was one of the first pubs to serve food - chicken and chips in a basket (no KFC in those days, or McDonalds either for that matter).  It was the era of brewery takeovers and keg beer was all you could get - Watney''s Red Barrel, Double Diamond (keg and bottle), lager and lime. 

Apart from the footy success the whole area was pretty buoyant due to North Sea gas and it was an exciting time.  Lads would come off the rigs and head into Norwich with wads of money, they were the really big spenders not the players and there was a little bit of a goldrush feel.

Anyone else getting nostalgic?