Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

Sorry for doubting you DELIA :)

Whatever the reason for the 2 mill, for f sake lets THANK HER FOR IT!! I for 1 have had a change of heart during june and thought she should go, and voiced it many times on different boards,at matches etc....But to give us 2 mill to help or whatever, does show she clearlly is NCFC through and through...Now if she can also now come to some sort of arrangement with cullum,then the future is YELLOW!!! :):):):)

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Whatever the reason for the 2 mill, for f sake lets THANK HER FOR IT!! I for 1 have had a change of heart during june and thought she should go, and voiced it many times on different boards,at matches etc....But to give us 2 mill to help or whatever, does show she clearlly is NCFC through and through...Now if she can also now come to some sort of arrangement with cullum,then the future is YELLOW!!! :):):):)
[/quote]as i do agree with some of your points....my thinking is something like this..delia has a car with no mot..it is worth £500 but wants to sell it...she spends £100 to get it mot,d now the car is worth £1000 pounds....hence the £2mil investment...at the end of the day im greatful she has put her own money in...but i think its to her benefit when she sells the club.....tin hat on and ready

It''s another loan, she isnt just giving it to us.No doubt she intends to convert it into shares to increase her majority control and attempt to get her grubby hands on more of Cullum''s hard-earned millions that should be invested into the team. Of course team investment if a foreign concept to the chef from Hell....

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]It''s another loan, she isnt just giving it to us.
No doubt she intends to convert it into shares to increase her majority control and attempt to get her grubby hands on more of Cullum''s hard-earned millions that should be invested into the team. Of course team investment if a foreign concept to the chef from Hell....
[/quote]

Hope you''ve e.mailed Mr Cullum and warned him just what her game is [:S]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]It''s another loan, she isnt just giving it to us.
No doubt she intends to convert it into shares to increase her majority control and attempt to get her grubby hands on more of Cullum''s hard-earned millions that should be invested into the team. Of course team investment if a foreign concept to the chef from Hell....
[/quote]

Ha ha some people will never be happy.........Thanks Delia!!!

My thoughts also are that its just another loan. She isnt ''giving'' away anything. She will expect it back. Whilst it is still a generous act as she could keep the money earning interest for herself it is unfortunate that this just adds another £2m to the bill for anyone wishing to take control of the club.

[/quote]

I love the implication here that Cullum''s millions have been hard earnt, and therefore that Delia''s haven''t... And I''d imagine a cook''s hands would be fairly clean, wouldn''t you?
Whilst I agree that the £2m is only a loan, it''s still an amount of money from her own pocket - how deep Canary Wundaboy are your own pockets..?

Why did The Turners not get such a thanks for lending £2.5 million to the club? You''re all so fickle. One minute it''s DELIA OUT, DELIA OUT. Then she L-O-A-N-S the club £2 million and she''s the saviour. Bloody hell, you''re so easy to please and easy to disappoint. I think if we had £2 million pounds we''re not using we''d loan it to the club.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Why did The Turners not get such a thanks for lending £2.5 million to the club? You''re all so fickle. One minute it''s DELIA OUT, DELIA OUT. Then she L-O-A-N-S the club £2 million and she''s the saviour. Bloody hell, you''re so easy to please and easy to disappoint. I think if we had £2 million pounds we''re not using we''d loan it to the club.[/quote]I could be wrong, but I really don''t think you would. Bear in mind there''s a fair chance you''d never see it again.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]Why did The Turners not get such a thanks for lending £2.5 million to the club? You''re all so fickle. One minute it''s DELIA OUT, DELIA OUT. Then she L-O-A-N-S the club £2 million and she''s the saviour. Bloody hell, you''re so easy to please and easy to disappoint. I think if we had £2 million pounds we''re not using we''d loan it to the club.[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I really don''t think you would. Bear in mind there''s a fair chance you''d never see it again.
[/quote]

2m quid bought 2 seats on the board at the end of the day - presumably Delia has just bought those shares to stop Cullum getting them.

Well, according to some posters, NCFC is on the verge of administration; if this occurred, how would the board recoup their money? The shares would be worthless. Relegation would also devalue the shares enormously.And no. I don''t think relegation is on the cards. I think promotion is more likely. However, that is the essence of the problem; no team in this division is immune from the possibility of relegation & it is always a risky business.What sort of terms do you think a bank would have offered for the club to borrow the £2 million?

The shares may have little value, but surely the loans would be repaid once the club was sold by the administrators? I don''t think any bank would loan the £2m - but is that then not countered by one of the arguements - that we shouldn''t be in this position in the first place, and that is entirely down to the board?

Sorry forgot the Turners: re their investment, the more I think about it the more I feel sorry for them. I think they will get their money back, but it may be a bloody long time coming. Initially I was extremely annoyed, as smebody here asserted that the club had to make a desperate last minute sale at any price (Shackell) because they had demanded their money back This appears not to have been the case.I think they went in with the best of intentions, buit economic events overtook their long term plans. Events, dear boy, events.But then I''m a firm believer in the cock-up theory of history, not conspiracy.

[quote user="astrodyne"]The shares may have little value, but surely the loans would be repaid once the club was sold by the administrators? I don''t think any bank would loan the £2m - but is that then not countered by one of the arguements - that we shouldn''t be in this position in the first place, and that is entirely down to the board?[/quote]I don''t know about creditor repayments - what has happened with other clubs?No, the club shouldn''t be in this position. The credit crunch shouldn''t have happened, then the Turners would still be flourishing & on their way to investing more heavily. Stuff, however, happens & it is a good job Delia is there to keep the show on the road. And if you don''t like the show, vote with your feet.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Barclaybred"]Whatever the reason for the 2 mill, for f sake lets THANK HER FOR IT!! I for 1 have had a change of heart during june and thought she should go, and voiced it many times on different boards,at matches etc....But to give us 2 mill to help or whatever, does show she clearlly is NCFC through and through...Now if she can also now come to some sort of arrangement with cullum,then the future is YELLOW!!! :):):):)
[/quote]as i do agree with some of your points....my thinking is something like this..delia has a car with no mot..it is worth £500 but wants to sell it...she spends £100 to get it mot,d now the car is worth £1000 pounds....hence the £2mil investment...at the end of the day im greatful she has put her own money in...but i think its to her benefit when she sells the club.....tin hat on and ready[/quote]

Does that £100 include the price of the MOT?

£2million didn''t buy them 2seats on the board: There were obviously agreements of continued investment from the Turners hence the 1.5m shortfall being talked about.

OTBC

[/quote]

Can someone with more knowledge of PLCs explain why you can''t just give money to a club, hence the loans. It''s a legal thing isn''t it. Either way, she''s put her money in. Cullum may be a good thing, but I''m of the view that whay should Delia & Michael just walk away? Cullum can easily afford to buy them out if he wishes.

Just wanted to say that It''s great that Delia has leant some more money to the club, it''s still her cash and I''m sure she could have used it elsewhere.

One thing though its not clear whether Delia has put this money in as a result of the Turners pulling their cash offer or was this money agreed before the announcement. The EDP said there was still a 1.5mill shortfall which would suggest that that this money was budgeted before the Turners announcement. It may be just some PR letting us all know that she is still putting money into the club, but it''s been dressed up a little as her putting money in to replace the lost cash from the Turners. Whichever it is it''s not really that clear

Anyway if the club was to go into administration (unlikley as i think it is), Delia''s money would be of a high priority to be returned from any asset sales. It would actually be the contractors who would lose mainly, just like when Ipswich shafted all the Small Businesses it owed money to when it went into administration a few years ago offering them somthing like 10p for every pound owed. Still what would you expect from them.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]It''s another loan, she isnt just giving it to us.No doubt she intends to convert it into shares to increase her majority control and attempt to get her grubby hands on more of Cullum''s hard-earned millions that should be invested into the team. Of course team investment if a foreign concept to the chef from Hell....[/quote]I hope she does turn it into shares, and Delia has been very clever in turning her loans into shares, think about it, if she had loaned Norwich City FC £10 million , then Norwich City Football club would OWE Delia £10 million, but as she has turned the loans into shares, any investor would buy out her shares, therefore paying back the loan she has given to our great club without our club having to give a penny back to her, Great thinking by Delia and I wish you lot would use your brains before insulting her with stupid comments!

"2m quid bought 2 seats on the board at the end of the day - presumably Delia has just bought those shares to stop Cullum getting them."

Nothing to do with shares. Clearly the club has a cash flow problem which has been caused by the Turners not investing the money they had said they would. Without the Delia £2 million I wonder who would have been paid at the end of the month? Listening to the comments made by Doncaster yesterday thing are very tight money wise at present with Andrew Cillen and the head of catering not being replaced and ther non playing cutbacks about to take place.

Irrespective of any potential investors coming forward it looks to me like Delia may well have put this money in to keep us afloat.

yeah - thanks a mil or 2 delia for saving the club yet again...nothing with protecting her investment in the club then,  or acting to save a ''chase type'' vilification from the fans if we folded???imo - pity delia didn''t loan the club £2m at the start of the prem season to give worthy the striker he wanted, rather than delivering aston in the following jan ''cos meantime watling has died and cancelled his loan to the club - effectively GIVING us £1m or more...too little too late - but thanks all the same!!!it seems to me that delia has had plenty of opportunities with cullum already, but backed the wrong horse in the turners...

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]It''s another loan, she isnt just giving it to us.
[/quote]

I hope she does turn it into shares, and Delia has been very clever in turning her loans into shares, think about it, if she had loaned Norwich City FC £10 million , then Norwich City Football club would OWE Delia £10 million, but as she has turned the loans into shares, any investor would buy out her shares, therefore paying back the loan she has given to our great club without our club having to give a penny back to her, Great thinking by Delia and I wish you lot would use your brains before insulting her with stupid comments!
[/quote]

I think you may have succinctly pointed out an inherent problem for some posters!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]It''s another loan, she isnt just giving it to us.
[/quote]

I hope she does turn it into shares, and Delia has been very clever in turning her loans into shares, think about it, if she had loaned Norwich City FC £10 million , then Norwich City Football club would OWE Delia £10 million, but as she has turned the loans into shares, any investor would buy out her shares, therefore paying back the loan she has given to our great club without our club having to give a penny back to her, Great thinking by Delia and I wish you lot would use your brains before insulting her with stupid comments!
[/quote]

I think you may have succinctly pointed out an inherent problem for some posters!

[/quote]

Sez the ''self-appointed'' Einstein..... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sez the ''self-appointed'' Einstein..... 

[/quote]

Sez the self-appointed George Formby.